Stop mission contracts from targeting relay sats

My current game is seeing a lot of missions to re-position satellites. The only problem with this is that the satellites in question are my meticulously positioned relay satellites, which are exactly where I want them. They don't get to be moved, and I want some way to tell the game that this is the case, so it will stop trying to mess with it.

So my suggestion is this: Alter the mission code so that contracts are not created for vessels with the relay icon attached. Alternatively, give me a little checkbox in the rename vessel dialog box labeled 'critical equipment' or something like that. When it's checked, no missions are created involving that vessel.

You might want to check out the Clever Sats contract pack by @severedsolo. Not sure if it's working with 1.3 or not because my career save is still on 1.2.2, but it's a contract pack so it probably is fine.

But yeah, it'd be nice if it was stock. Gets annoying if you don't wanna decline it because of the rep loss and have to see the proposed orbit in your tracking station until it expires. I think the checkbox would be the best approach; could be nice for stations as well if you don't want upgrade contracts involving them.

Edited by Messy Recipe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.