How to hide version number in the gameplay

Today I started the game as usually, but some how I found there is a line of version numbers in the game play, I browsed settings and F12 debug menu, didn't find any where to disable it, how to get ride of this?v

Edited by duchenpaul

Hi Aelfhe1m,

My water mark setting is off, but it shows version number still.

ERBIN_TIME = True
SHOW_EXIT_TO_MENU_CONFIRMATION = False
SHOW_WRONG_VESSEL_TYPE_CONFIRMATION = True
SHOW_VERSION_WATERMARK = False
CALL_HOME_PROMPT = False
DONT_SEND_IP = True
SEND_PROGRESS_DATA = True

weird thing.

Edited by duchenpaul

Just noticed the version number in your picture is showing 1.3.0.0 - the current version is 1.3.0.1804. This suggests the buildID64.txt file is missing from your KSP folder. I just did a test and if this file is missing then the watermark is always shown irrespective of the setting for "Display version watermark..."

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2017 at 8:13 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

Just noticed the version number in your picture is showing 1.3.0.0 - the current version is 1.3.0.1804. This suggests the buildID64.txt file is missing from your KSP folder. I just did a test and if this file is missing then the watermark is always shown irrespective of the setting for "Display version watermark..."

This happened to me. I had not realized that 1.3.1 came out, and Steam tried to updated, but I stopped it from doing so. Apparently Steam deleted the buildID64.txt file. Does anyone have the last 1.3 txt file prior to 1.3.1?

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Stratickus said:

This happened to me. I had not realized that 1.3.1 came out, and Steam tried to updated, but I stopped it from doing so. Apparently Steam deleted the buildID64.txt file. Does anyone have the last 1.3 txt file prior to 1.3.1?

In Steam right click KSP in your game library and open the properties window. In the Betas tab you can select "previous_1.3.0 - 1.3.0 Kerbal Space Program" and Steam should start downloading the files necessary to revert to 1.3.0 (it may have changed some before you cancelled).

It will then stay on 1.3.0 until you change the setting again. 

To be extra sure you may want to wait for Steam to finish reverting then go back into properties and "verify integrity of game files" from the local files tab. 

8 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

(it may have changed some before you cancelled).

Yes, it did. I thought I stopped it in time, but I didn't. 

8 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

In Steam right click KSP in your game library and open the properties window. In the Betas tab you can select "previous_1.3.0 - 1.3.0 Kerbal Space Program" and Steam should start downloading the files necessary to revert to 1.3.0. It will then stay on 1.3.0 until you change the setting again. 

Done and done. Fortunately I was aware of this Steam 'feature' and it did work as advertised. Coincidentally, the watermark is gone, as expected.

Cheers, 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.