[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

12 hours ago, Munarmunar said:

Thanks to you for this great mod my man! :P

I have a question tho, are you planning on adding the ATV somehow?

If you realy want a atv you can use one of this mods:

the second one run on old rcs system ( graphics broken) but still playable if you deactivate rcs and add another. the size of the atv is more accurate with knes. it is visible on picture in some post above

I scan some old booklet found in my father collection,  some  come from "le salon du bourget" on June 1987 ( final hermes model apparence), maybe that can give idea for future part especially station part.

Spoiler

5xeqv8c.jpg

NpsU6m7.jpg

N96Twag.jpg

uPW3xkP.jpg

ysjarH5.jpg

egYZmQ6.jpg

This one can probably be make with tantares mod:

Spoiler

OSzkLs8.jpg

Edited by josselin2196

16 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

I scan some old booklet found in my father collection,  some  come from "le salon du bourget" on June 1987 ( final hermes model apparence), maybe that can give idea for future part especially station part.

NpsU6m7.jpg

Thanks, but i need to admit i already have all of them, i have a pretty big collection after many years. tbh I don't really need idea, i need more time ;)

----------------------

ESbhMhDWAAAFebN?format=jpg&name=large

Viking 5:  TrussMount / 0.9375 / 1.25

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I noticed a minor issue with the MRC parts. The heatshield has fuel crossfeed disabled so the monoprop supply on the service modules is unusable.

Hum ok, so i need to activate the Crossfeed, i suppose that because MRC Motor on the front are not used for engine, they are used only for rentry burn (after Service module jettisoned!) But for RCS we need crossfeed.

EQ1YWGIXsAEnI24?format=jpg&name=large

16 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I noticed a minor issue with the MRC parts. The heatshield has fuel crossfeed disabled so the monoprop supply on the service modules is unusable.

Fixed on the Actual Github repo if you want, added also a fuel crossfeed for the MRK decoupler. (The New Viking engine is also on the master repo)

Let me know if you find something else, i can't really play too much to see those sort of issue. So that really help me.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:43 PM, Well said:

Viking 5:  TrussMount / 0.9375 / 1.25

Nice work, this looks very useful. Think you could make Viking 6 and 4, too? 

It might be too much work, but making a truss mount for other engines would be great, too.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Still bored, i have many fun with knes:

Time for a station Rotation:

Spoiler

Q1OnAMdl.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nnoslIGl.jpg?1

Who the hell are you?

3FclvYyl.jpg

I am the one who come before you. I will be the one who will take France to space!!

7zlrFe1l.jpg

FIGHT!!!!!!!:angry:

UdKNeeOl.jpg

PS: by the way if someone know a mod with retractable propeller (adeline challenge)

Edited by josselin2196

7 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Still bored, i have many fun with knes:

Nice Sation! Thanks for those picture. idk how we could make Adeline concept in game (you could maybe make a test blade not retracted? )

12 hours ago, Well said:

Nice Sation! Thanks for those picture. idk how we could make Adeline concept in game (you could maybe make a test blade not retracted? )

I try to make a engine with breaking ground part but i absolutely don'y understand how to make this things work, after 1 hour of work i finally make a functional retractable engine but it couldn't generate enough trust to lift the test payload.

I will try with some KAX engine. The first adeline prototype is ready for some test:

jolAl6Ll.jpg

vYjHndcl.jpg

Finally found a retractable rotor on the base of every propeller mod: firespitter  :huh:

I make some test look promising:

Spoiler

yyDYUCYl.png

Releasing of prototype

3ZaX5SYl.png

Engine reveal:

DVeYEVCl.png

knes 0.9375 size fairing is perfect for the engine

Approach of runaway

4A1QC8Ul.png

v9zmtBRl.png

and Touchdown

4H4JCnul.png

EGVXYirl.png

Proof of concept. Only problem for now is:

• electric generation for the engine, probably solved by fuel cell.
  • Aerodynamic: the craft is so short that it tends to fly crabbing and the canard at the back make lift center too offset from the center of mass
  • Better hide the lander gear in flight
  • Find where jeb crash the carrier plane when i pilot the prototype
Edited by josselin2196

10 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

EGVXYirl.png

Did you have DLC part, that could help maybe? I need to try one day, that could be the time to test and understood how work those new parts.

Also look like side winglet are maybe on the other side? or they rotate idk.

Adeline_2.jpg

Adeline_1.jpg adeline-1.jpg

Edited by Well

5 hours ago, Well said:

Did you have DLC part, that could help maybe? I need to try one day, that could be the time to test and understood how work those new parts.

Also look like side winglet are maybe on the other side? or they rotate idk.

I think they move back and rotate a bit after separation probably for protecting it from engine blast:

iStNTaJ.jpg

I can't make it with DLC part, there are too big and when i use tweakscale on them, all part attach to them are scale accordingly. Plus part attach to robotic has a tendency to bounce in all direction and lack power. I will try with infernal robotic.

Prototype n°7 ready for test flight:

g4O5AYgl.jpg

Edited by josselin2196

Finally after 2 hour of fight with the "KAL 1000 controller", i make a working Adeline system. I will try to make a video of a full launch. Here some picture on Ariane 6 and Adeline first qualification test:

Spoiler

FREhTMGl.png

Boh1LdRl.png

KlyUobal.png

hLCfYPzl.png

fsVx6YUl.png

Wing and propeller deployment

h3tkMyCl.png

0QS43Onl.png

Video capture crash before landing, i will remake the mission tomorrow and post the landing picture and video if my non-existent video edit skill permit it.

I dream of controller who act like a proper sequencer :confused::

begin unlock joint;

then move object A to target angle 0.63;

then move object  B to target angle 45;

then lock joint;

End

Edited by josselin2196

Finally, i finished a full video with a working Adeline system on a Ariane 6 rocket. First time i made a video, I struggled with sony vegas pro but result was worth it. Don't pay too attention to beginner error;)

Spoiler

Edited by josselin2196

10 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Finally, i finished a full video with a working Adeline system on a Ariane 6 rocket. First time i made a video, I struggled with sony vegas pro but result was worth it. Don't pay too attention to beginner error;)

Congrats!!!! Adeline is not an easy thing to do! I call that a sucess! Many thanks for the vid

15 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

You should do another video, for example with your flacon heavy version of Ariane 5 you show a few post ago. A travel to the moon will be funny.

By the way you could make your Ariane 6 fully reusable by adding the wing of Kerbal Reusability Expansion mod on the side booster.

However you should create your own forum because you pollute knes forum, the last three page are overrun by your screenshot. 

By the way what is the rocket on the pad at the end

Edited by Bling90

2 hours ago, Bling90 said:

You should do another video, for example with your flacon heavy version of Ariane 5 you show a few post ago. A travel to the moon will be funny.

Video on ksp is lot of work since you have to do several times the mission to have all the shot at different angle. if i have the motivation, maybe i do it.

By the way you could make your Ariane 6 fully reusable by adding the wing of Kerbal Reusability Expansion mod on the side booster.

Nasa experience with space shuttle show use that refurbish solid booster is too expensive compare to make new one. so no need to recover it this way. If it was liquid booster, it will be worth it to recover them.

By the way what is the rocket on the pad at the end

Good eyes. it's a Ariane 543C Rocket concept on testing. It's the "Falcon heavy" version of Ariane 5 like you say in your post.

However you should create your own forum because you pollute knes forum, the last three page are overrun by your screenshot. 

Maybe, but I think it's interesting for modders to see people toying and messing with their creations. I play KSP like i use to play with my Lego. If i post too many screenshot i think @Well will tell it.

5 hours ago, Well said:

Congrats!!!! Adeline is not an easy thing to do! I call that a sucess! Many thanks for the vid

Thanks, this things was very hard to land with no interface. Adeline is only flyable with the atmospheric autopilot mod, it stall very easily.

Edited by josselin2196

12 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Maybe, but I think it's interesting for modders to see people toying and messing with their creations. I play KSP like i use to play with my Lego. If i post too many screenshot i think @Well will tell it.

I don't have a lot of people in my thread. But maybe to make the thread more easy to read @josselin2196 i suggest you to use the "spoiler" functionnality to send your pictures here ? Or a link for an album ? So i could see your pictures, but they are hided for people not interested, so everyone could be happy. ?