[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

43 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

@Well

Both the Kereb H decouplers "default" variant is broken, it doesn't appear "goldish anymore like the other Knes decouplers it appears white.  Springs are unaffected.

ok i see, fix on the next update. sorry

The master branch of the github repo have all bug fixed for now.

Edited by Well

@Well I'm about to start a new contract playthrough and am interested in making KNES and Luciole my main parts mods for it. Do you have any recommended contract packs that work especially well with your rockets?

I'll probably make JNSQ my planet pack. Stock contracts don't play well with resized systems; rescues and satellite launches can end up inside the atmosphere.

Edited by DeadJohn
fixed @

8 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

@Well I'm about to start a new contract playthrough and am interested in making KNES and Luciole my main parts mods for it. Do you have any recommended contract packs that work especially well with your rockets?

I'll probably make JNSQ my planet pack. Stock contracts don't play well with resized systems; rescues and satellite launches can end up inside the atmosphere.

I don't play on rescale system, so idk what contract pack you could install, i'm pretty sure something exist for 2.5 / 2.7 scale.  I see so many people playing this scale!

You need something about sat launch, or space station.

6 hours ago, Well said:

I don't play on rescale system, so idk what contract pack you could install, i'm pretty sure something exist for 2.5 / 2.7 scale.  I see so many people playing this scale!

You need something about sat launch, or space station.

Thanks. I'm going to give History of Spaceflight a try - accomplish USA and USSR mission objectives but using your parts (instead of BDB and Tantares).

Knes 1.7.1 is online (fix update)

Knes 1.7.1 [2020-04-24]
-------------------------------

- Fix Typo error on MRK pod "Mass"
	- Fix Wrong Alpha on many black variant
	- Fix Gold Variant on radial decoupler
	- Adjusted Black Variant on avionics part
	- European Flag updated
	- New European flag "transparent"

Hello, i just install your mod ( first mod installed actually, it's been one week i begin KSP), you mod is very good, the model are very detailed. My french ancestor are rising again:cool:.

Did there are a way to turn head of kerbal at 180°? The iva, i see from outside are pixelises,  i see some picture of it with more resolution on the forum, i try to make a comic like story for fun. 

4 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

Did there are a way to turn head of kerbal at 180°? The iva, i see from outside are pixelises,  i see some picture of it with more resolution on the forum, i try to make a comic like story for fun. 

You can use this mod:

a bit old but still working

4 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

( first mod installed actually, it's been one week i begin KSP), 

Welcome to KSP fellow kerbonaut.

Edited by josselin2196

here we are: Demonstration of Ariane 543C on a Moon Mission:

I'm glad it's over, I did tearing my hair out during the game shoot

Edited by josselin2196
Change video link (reupload), copyright claim "use of owned earth photo" from US.....

On 4/29/2020 at 2:29 AM, josselin2196 said:

You can use this mod:

I try this mod, but IVA still pixelises:

here the monitor

6Pm7gbHm.jpg

here the experiment bay? i think:

XnCkx8rl.jpg

Did there are a parameter or settings i need to change?

@josselin2196 Cool video by the ways. i still did not reach mun, but it's give me more motivation to go there, return to kerbin on the other hand......

10 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

I try this mod, but IVA still pixelises:

Did there are a parameter or settings i need to change?

Some props (item for IVA) Don't have always the same texel density compared to IVA.

Hard to said something with your screenshot (too low res). Check Your KSP setting, texture scale need be on hightest setting if you don't want them pixelised

Keep in mind IVA are generally a bonus, they already use a lot of RAM compared to spacecraft, i can't make them at really hight res. This is what you are supposed to have :

screenshot26.jpg

screenshot11.jpg

screenshot19.jpg

screenshot23.jpg

12 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

!! Awesome video, thanks for sharing this, love the landed moment with all surface features, -10 point for using knes only for the launch :sticktongue:

4 hours ago, Well said:

!! Awesome video, thanks for sharing this, love the landed moment with all surface features, -10 point for using knes only for the launch :sticktongue:

Originally, i was planing to use MRK for service module but the deltaV was too low for returning to earth:

H20TUaDl.jpg 

The second design was a Hermes version. Like the URSS N1 rocket, the last stage will serve for moon orbiting, the hermes should have only served for return, the re-entry had to be in two stages: one for decelerated and one for landing. It's was too heavy for the launcher so i cancelled it.

2CAz2hfl.jpg

I decided to use a CTV like service module since it has enough deltaV and was lightweight enough for the launcher.

For the lander, i wasn't able to found any esa manned lander concept, only unmanned for moon village ( give me some idea for other video ) so i make one original. 

Knes 1.7.2  is online

Knes 1.7.2 [2020-05-01]
-------------------------------

- Fix RCS on StarRider Pod
- Fix RCS on StarWatcher Pod
- Added to transmit science on StarRider Pod
- Added to transmit science on StarWatcher Pod
- Reduced Antenna Power for C-2501 "Wall-e" Direct Antenna
- Fix black color variant of station parts

Github

13 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

Is there a way to make the MRK docking ports compatible with the vanilla ones?

No they don't have the same size, they are actually compatible with Habtech2 CBM docking

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/133501-16x-habtech2-stockalike-iss-parts-020-solar-arrays-truss-radiators-release/

Edited by Well

22 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

@josselin2196 Can a vulcain engine be use in vacuum in reality? Since you use one as transfert stage?

In theory yes, but in practice the engine's nozzle will need to be extended otherwise the engine will be very inefficient in vacuum.

@Well The H2 "Crinkie", HM60 "Themis" and the HM7 "Zebulon engine" have the same problem that the vulcain has, the bare variant can't be connect, it need to be attach in default then switch to bare variant. I notice when playing with NF Launch vehicle engine mount.

1 hour ago, josselin2196 said:

In theory yes, but in practice the engine's nozzle will need to be extended otherwise the engine will be very inefficient in vacuum.

@Well The H2 "Crinkie", HM60 "Themis" and the HM7 "Zebulon engine" have the same problem that the vulcain has, the bare variant can't be connect, it need to be attach in default then switch to bare variant. I notice when playing with NF Launch vehicle engine mount.

Damn.. ok so i suppose that the same issue, the node exist but it is upside down, rotate the part 180° it could probably attach, and use rotate tools to make it on the right side. I open an issue on github for a future fix. I actually play with my mod (don't happen a lot lol) so i see by my self many thing that need to be fixed. Thanks to help me to find those little problem

On 5/1/2020 at 9:40 PM, Well said:

No they don't have the same size, they are actually compatible with Habtech2 CBM docking

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/133501-16x-habtech2-stockalike-iss-parts-020-solar-arrays-truss-radiators-release/

Cool new mod to try.

Did StarWatcher intended to fly with no service stage like Hermes? It doesn't seen autonomous from the inside.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, josselin2196 said:

After landing only, European colonisation?

45 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

Cool new mod to try.

Did StarWatcher intended to fly with no service stage like Hermes? It doesn't seen autonomous from the inside.

The original design is from the X-38 CRV, wich is only a life boat, if i remember he don't even have a real life support, the idea is just to land as quick as possible.

800px-X-38_Crew_(cropped).jpg

But I really like the idea of having a service module behind it for a real spacecraft, for EVA / Engine / Propellant dock or other stuff. That make a lot more sense tbh. But in fact all depend how you play with it in game.

Same for the Star Rider... some idea :

uele8DM.jpg

ospstation.jpg

space-rider.jpg

2126.jpg

crew-exploration-vehicle-f39f427e-202c-459e-b3ce-39d64011af8-resize-750.jpg

I'm going to play with the design on my career soon.

Edited by Well