[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

8 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

What patch did you use?

@Well Too bad this lifting body was deprecated, with ATV part i could make the service module:

Oj2Jjao.png

you could download an old Knes version on spacedock, rename the files like you want to make a standalone mod just for you.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, Well said:

Adjusted the Ariane 5 Mini and uploaded the craft files to github if someone want to play arround with it :D just for fun 

https://github.com/AstroWell/Knes/blob/master/Ships/VAB/Ariane 5 mini.craft

@Well 404 page not found.... can you make this available please? I'm wanting to play with its and a resurrected K-CEV Phoenix :)

3 hours ago, Phers said:

I have done that as well.... no Ariane 5 mini.craft that I can see...

I actually work on the craft files folder, global review... i've maybe deleted the craft in the process

I've reuploaded the file, try again when you have the time

1 hour ago, Zarbon44 said:

Enjoying the new parts a lot, functional, pretty and useful, amazing parts for station building.

I enjoy to see all those beautiful picture ;)

Edited by Well

Knes 1.8.2 is online (Fix Update + 2 new little part)

Knes 1.8.2 [2020-07-16]

- Fix P120 booster fairing inverted normals
- New P40 1.25 boosters for diogene 2 launcher
- New Snecma "Avroom" Avionics
- Craft Files Updates
- Reduced Fuel in H8 & H10 FuelTank
- Reduced size of Adapter collider, to not block Fairing
- Adjust Diamant Engine isp
- Adjust Carmen Engine isp Diane/Mireille
- Global Review of Engine Mass (Reduced)
- P064 have now 30 solid fuel

Knes 1.8.2 on GitHub

Big news linked to this update, is the  Unofficial Knes Wiki !

Made and Managed by @tony48 with the Help of @MaguKerman and  @CapC0m

Many thanks to them for all the work they have put on this Wiki, don't forget to thanks them for all this work

EHswf8m.jpgAnANY56.jpg

This let you know how to use most of the Parts included in the mod, and that also a nice way to see if this mod is for you.

(All parts are not showed on the wiki, but most of them)

Edited by Well

1 hour ago, Well said:

KBig news linked to this update, is the  Unofficial Knes Wiki !

Made and Managed by @tony48 with the Help of @MaguKerman and  @CapC0m

Many thanks to them for all the work they have put on this Wiki, don't forget to thanks them for all this work

EHswf8m.jpgAnANY56.jpg

This let you know how to use most of the Parts included in the mod, and that also a nice way to see if this mod is for you.

(All parts are not showed on the wiki, but most of them)

:D Beat me to it!  Nice work!

Congratulation for Wiki!

More ATV update screenshot:

Spoiler

Unity a space Station operated by ESA, JAXA and CSA in a alternate Universe where NASA discard ISS in 2016 in profit of Constellation Program. Russian kept their module. Columbus and Kiro were dock to a "parking" ATV temporarily during new station development.

1jbmFlt.jpg

7knHnPi.jpg

JAXA and ESA decide to build a new Station around this base to reduce cost. A power module was added to maintain life support in 2009 for spationaute and  Japanese astronaute. A docking adapter was added for permit docking of JAXA spacecraft.

bMpe4R2.jpg

5 years later in 2014, ESA Starwatcher and JAXA Fuji become operational and the new named UNITY station host his first Crew.

l3xuwQo.jpg

In 2015, the station core module is added, it's 3 node docking port permit more module to be added and will the base of a bigger truss section for power generation. He is equip with two powerful engine to change it's orbit inclinaison (minus 12°)  to negate risque of collision with Russion section of ISS ( let call it MIR II). The canadian Space Agency begin to show interest to join the project. Discussion around a Canadian module begin.

PdVUHCN.jpg

The first parts of truss section are installed three month later,  CSA, ESA and JAXA agree to a ESA/CSA co-financed module and cupola, CSA will finance the second module.

EHbXTnU.jpg

In 2017 and 2018 CSA module are added, more powered truss section are added.

TY3Mtu0.jpg

YpVWhdv.jpg

jCyR7o0.jpg

StarWatcher docking to Unity in 2019.

KRPzhu4.jpgJmiUgzJ.jpgHdYz4hn.jpguhRAC0x.jpgEeBenkj.jpgoHwDgDe.jpg4gonzM1.jpg

In 2020, studies are on the way to add another node for more module. Unity will also be visited by a Crew Lunar Transport System to test it's system in a long space exposure.

6 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Congratulation for Wiki!

More ATV update screenshot

Awesome, i love the idea of a Jaxa/Esa station, CSA is maybe too much, but just Jaxa/esa is interesting.

----------------------------

I've made some test for the StarRider StarWatcher, we now have all the part to make a sort of "orbital tug" (i've included a craft with the last release)

This config is "more realistic"

screenshot7.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

On 7/17/2020 at 7:55 AM, Well said:

Awesome, i love the idea of a Jaxa/Esa station, CSA is maybe too much, but just Jaxa/esa is interesting.

I had CSA imagining that the nasa will have go full constellation program. CSA will be left without a partner for access space.

Following a fictional jaxa/esa more early cooperation,  we could have seen this kind of Rendez-vous :

Hermes (1984 concept) and HOPE-X

Spoiler

ssmd44G.jpgIRBptHu.jpgNvZydrC.jpg

On 7/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, josselin2196 said:

I had CSA imagining that the nasa will have go full constellation program. CSA will be left without a partner for access space.

Following a fictional jaxa/esa more early cooperation,  we could have seen this kind of Rendez-vous :

Hermes (1984 concept) and HOPE-X

personally, I prefer the ESA / USSR couple, I would very much like to see Hermes with MIR

2 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

personally, I prefer the ESA / USSR couple, I would very much like to see Hermes with MIR

I made a replica of MIR II some time ago (1.6/1.7 i think), it will have to be brought up to date with the new tantares updates. And with the last update of KNES, there must be something to do. 

It can be a alternate Timeline where NASA decide to do freedom station alone, Buran come into full Service and ESA decide to join MIR II program for a rapprochement following the democratization of URSS in 90s.

19 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

Find MIR II and update the craft, for some reason game turn at 10 FPS will low hardware use....

MIR II concept with ESA participation in a alternate universe ( spoiler Sexy mariage):

:o:0.0:

My MIR 0.5 hermes look ridicule next to it:

DdKHWeK.jpg

Hermes look ridiculous next to ... space shuttle.., why there are a american space shuttle dock to URSS/ESA MIR space station?

Edit: just Discover that URSS made a improved copy of american space shuttle. 

Edited by RocketFowl

1 hour ago, flyingfisch said:

Is it possible to install this mod with CKAN?

1.  CKAN Issues belong in the CKAN thread.

2.  Well has stated he would prefer this mod stay off of CKAN because

3.  CKAN tends to introduce bugs that manual installation would avoid.

3 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

1.  CKAN Issues belong in the CKAN thread.

2.  Well has stated he would prefer this mod stay off of CKAN because

3.  CKAN tends to introduce bugs that manual installation would avoid.

Thanks for the explanation!

CKAN tends to

avoid bugs users would introduce

FTFY.

Please don't spread unfounded FUD. For every broken install "caused" by CKAN, I bet you there are at least ten caused by inexperienced users that could have been avoided by using a package management system.

8 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

WIP Hermes Studio for journalist during Hermes Launch or conference:

lol !! Respect also for the part count on this set, my "luciole showroom" take so much time to load already.