[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

4 hours ago, Bling90 said:

Yo @josselin2196, still working on a mun mission video?

I make a few shot however i put it on hold, since i have some issue with capture, some texture like fairing appear black on obs capture, I still did not find where the problem came from. I don't know if it's a visual mod or obs itself.

20 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

If you use the version  with RetractableLiftingSurface. My standard re-entry is when entering atmosphere with a re-entry angle inferior than 45°:

• point 30° up compared to prograde without go further 20° in navball
  • when prograde is at -10° -5°, point to 10°
  • at 700m/s point a little up compare to prograde
  • at 300m/s point prograde without let it go below 15°
  • open paraglider at 200m/s
  • direct craft to the ground using standard approach for plane, be careful to not brutally change trajectories and watch out for the vessel which tends to point downwards
  • at 10 meters retract paraglider
  • Landing!

Awesome, that worked perfectly ! Big thanks :)

Did there are a RSS patch for your mod?

7 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

@Well Is it ok to use knes part with KSP blender craft exporter for making a 3D printable model? I will not sharing the final model in accordance with the mod license

Why not sharing it? it's a mod it shouldn't have copyright since it's not squad work?

6 hours ago, Bling90 said:

Why not sharing it? it's a mod it shouldn't have copyright since it's not squad work?

Mods can have a copyright if their creator wants. That's why the forum rules say that mods must state what license they use. They top post of this thread says "Licence : Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)"

8 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

@Well Is it ok to use knes part with KSP blender craft exporter for making a 3D printable model? I will not sharing the final model in accordance with the mod license

If that for a personnal use without sharing i'm ok with it, but even that i think that beyond the "derivatives" limit of the licence.

8 hours ago, Bling90 said:

That not because modders offers mod for free than you can't do anything with them (Model, Texture, Config and Plugin) "Copyright" is a thing for everything.

Respect the licence the modder have choose.

Knes meet KSP 2.

Spoiler

mdlzXvdl.jpgaUIc1zRl.jpg

fIZi79Fl.jpgYPkBoGcl.jpg

More seriously RSS + RSSVE + scatterer + TUFX make the game incredibly beautiful. Making the moon mission with Ariane 543C and Arrival of the Birds music in background is very epic.

Moment like this remind me why i play KSP and the fantastic work of every dev and modder.

Tribute to Jacques Blamont one of the fathers of french Space program, first director of Cnes, who died the 13 avril 2020. 

Edited by josselin2196

On 4/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, Bling90 said:

There's no RSS patch as far as I know.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, Bling90 said:

Mods require a license, perhaps give the forum rules a read.

i've planned a little update soon, to fix some little things and release the Viking 5 engine.

I don't have a lot of stuff so i've added black variant for many parts (to match my new little "Luciole" Mod)

Also finally added the "Metal" variant for the Starwatcher.

Let me know if something need a fix. Update planned in 2 or 3 days

On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

There's no RSS patch as far as I know.

Some picture of @josselin2196 seem to have been taken with RSS, so he must have a RSS patch. Can you share it @josselin2196? By the way can you upload you ariane derivative and adeline craft on kerbalX or give it to @Well for sharing?

3 hours ago, Well said:

Let me know if something need a fix. Update planned in 2 or 3 days

Vulcain variant is broken, when in little variant state, it can be attached, i have to attach it in main variant and change it after.

Are you planing to make columbus Part? The contares MEU ones does not have IVA.

Edited by Bling90
Typo

13 hours ago, Bling90 said:

Vulcain variant is broken, when in little variant state, it can be attached, i have to attach it in main variant and change it after.

Are you planing to make columbus Part? The contares MEU ones does not have IVA.

huh ok, i'm going to see if something is wrong with Vulcain.

like have said @sslaptnhablhat i don't have planned more parts, just fix and eventually little things like variant or really small part easy to do if really needed.

I don't have the time to test everything all the time, so if nobody tell me what bug or weird thing need to be fixed... they're not going to be fixed

Edited by Well

i've already noticed all radial decoupler was builded on a wrong angle (that why i've got generally random explosion or weird sep sometime) 

Sadly this mean every craft files using thos decoupler need to be redo, i actually remade all craft files, sorry for all your craft, hope that don't break too much. This need to be fixed.

14 hours ago, Bling90 said:

noticed the bug and found why, the node on the bare variant is upside down. Fix for the next update.

I also add a craft files for Ariane 5 ESC-A, people always ask for it, but all part for it are here. Ariane 5 ESC-A use the Ariane 4 HM7 engine.

Not only the engine but the full engine mount of Ariane 4

evolution%20etage%20ESC%20A%20dessin.jpg

Finally already push the release, because i'm not sure i could work on it before many days.

Knes 1.7 is online :

Knes 1.7 [2020-04-18]
- New Viking 5 Engine : TrussMount / 0.9375 / 1.25 variant
- Added Fuel Crossfeed for MRK Heatshield
- Added Fuel Crossfeed for MRK Decoupler
- Fix of the MRK Maxtemp (too low)
- New Black Variant for 1.25 Station Part and Adapter
- New Black Variant for Crew and Cargo pod, chute and avionics
- New Black Variant for many diamant/diomede parts
- New metal variant for Starwatcher using new shader
- Fix of the node for the bare variant of vulcain engine (upside down)
- New Mesh variant for the EAP nose cone A
- Fix of all Radial Decoupler (wrong angle)
- Update of all craft files
- Added craft files for Ariane 6 and Ariane 5 ESC-A

18 hours ago, Bling90 said:

Some picture of @josselin2196 seem to have been taken with RSS, so he must have a RSS patch. Can you share it @josselin2196? By the way can you upload you ariane derivative and adeline craft on kerbalX or give it to @Well for sharing?

I use a universal patch who edit all engine config with a multiplicater. I just change thrust and fuel quantity to match real performance. It's not ideal but did the work.

2 hours ago, Well said:

Finally already push the release, because i'm not sure i could work on it before many days.

Knes 1.7 is online :

Knes 1.7 [2020-04-18]
- New Viking 5 Engine : TrussMount / 0.9375 / 1.25 variant
- Added Fuel Crossfeed for MRK Heatshield
- Added Fuel Crossfeed for MRK Decoupler
- Fix of the MRK Maxtemp (too low)
- New Black Variant for 1.25 Station Part and Adapter
- New Black Variant for Crew and Cargo pod, chute and avionics
- New Black Variant for many diamant/diomede parts
- New metal variant for Starwatcher using new shader
- Fix of the node for the bare variant of vulcain engine (upside down)
- New Mesh variant for the EAP nose cone A
- Fix of all Radial Decoupler (wrong angle)
- Update of all craft files
- Added craft files for Ariane 6 and Ariane 5 ESC-A

Will this break crafts?

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

Will this break crafts?

Radial Decoupler have moved in a 90° angle, so that don't "break" craft files, but sep could be really bad depend how we have used them.

I have install last version of Knes, Filter extensions and RemoteTech on KSP 1.9.1

If this combination of mods is installed there are 4 Modulemanager errors related to files _Knes_mrk_Pod.cfg and _Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue.cfg:

Spoiler

[LOG 20:35:26.143] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_RemoteTechAddMissingModuleSPUPassive/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive],!MODULE[ModuleSPU],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech] to Knes/Parts/MultiRoleKapsule/_Knes_mrk_Pod.cfg/PART[_Knes_mrk_Pod]
[WRN 20:35:26.144] Cannot find key mass in PART
[ERR 20:35:26.144] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key PacketInterval = #$/mass$
[ERR 20:35:26.144] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key PacketResourceCost = #$/mass$
[LOG 20:35:26.144] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_RemoteTechAddMissingModuleSPUPassive/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive],!MODULE[ModuleSPU],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech] to Knes/Parts/MultiRoleKapsule/_Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue.cfg/PART[_Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue]
[ERR 20:35:26.144] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key PacketInterval = #$/mass$
[ERR 20:35:26.144] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key PacketResourceCost = #$/mass$

If full logs are needed I can supply them.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, vagabond77 said:

I have install last version of Knes, Filter extensions and RemoteTech on KSP 1.9.1

If this combination of mods is installed there are 4 Modulemanager errors related to files _Knes_mrk_Pod.cfg and _Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue.cfg:

Hide contents

[LOG 20:35:26.143] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_RemoteTechAddMissingModuleSPUPassive/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive],!MODULE[ModuleSPU],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech] to Knes/Parts/MultiRoleKapsule/_Knes_mrk_Pod.cfg/PART[_Knes_mrk_Pod]
[LOG 20:35:26.144] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_RemoteTechAddMissingModuleSPUPassive/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive],!MODULE[ModuleSPU],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech] to Knes/Parts/MultiRoleKapsule/_Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue.cfg/PART[_Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue]

If full logs are needed I can supply them.

Thanks.

Sorry but you probably need to ask in the remoteTech thread, because look like the mod try to patch something on my parts, but i don't have any setting or patch for REmoteTech.

If knes is ok the problem could be given by the zzz_RemoteTechAddMissingModuleSPUPassive.cfg file which tries to add RemoteTech functionality.

This file is part of Filter Extensions mod.

Edited by vagabond77

19 hours ago, Well said:

Sorry but you probably need to ask in the remoteTech thread, because look like the mod try to patch something on my parts, but i don't have any setting or patch for REmoteTech.

I think I found the mistake, in the files:
_Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue.cfg
_Knes_mrk_Pod.cfg

the "mass" parameter is written "Mass", because of this the parameter is not read by modulemanager.

58 minutes ago, vagabond77 said:

I think I found the mistake, in the files:
_Knes_mrk_Pod_Rescue.cfg
_Knes_mrk_Pod.cfg

the "mass" parameter is written "Mass", because of this the parameter is not read by modulemanager.

Ok thanks, i will correct that in the future update.

Changing to "mass" have fixed you're problem ?