Well

3 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

Hi there,

while checking some other errors, I found the following in my logs:

[LOG 14:19:23.218] Load(Model): Knes/Resources/Plumes/FX_Cora_Engine_1
[ERR 14:19:23.225] File error:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00007] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadMaterial4 (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x0001f] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x005ca] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at PartReader.Read (UrlDir+UrlFile file) [0x000c1] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 

[WRN 14:19:23.225] Model load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Knes\Resources\Plumes\FX_Cora_Engine_1.mu'

Not sure if this is relevant, but thought I post it. Playing on 1.9.1 with Knes 1.9.3

thanks for the report, i think i've noticed this also, this engine plume was made by beale, i'm going to take a look but i don't think i could fix it by myself, i could maybe switch to an other fx if i can't

3 minutes ago, Well said:

thanks for the report, i think i've noticed this also, this engine plume was made by beale, i'm going to take a look but i don't think i could fix it by myself, i could maybe switch to an other fx if i can't

Yeah, similar ones are in the logs for Tantares. Reported it already over there. Let's see what he thinks.

2 hours ago, Well said:

Just see i've badly made the Waterfall patch on some engine.... wich result to delete Fx if Waterfall is not installed... only on some engine, but that hurt....

Hot fix soon . Sorry

perfect! In the meantime donloading waterfalls will fix the issue? 

Knes 1.9.4 is online     Github

Knes 1.9.4 [2021-01-28]
-------------------------------

- Parts mass Fix for small Parts in 1.11
	- Fix Waterfall Patch
	- Fix Hermes Aileron description Inverted Left / Right
	- Add a Black Variant on core fairings
	- Change Fairing EndCap Size
	- Veronique / Vesta parts mass review again
	- Add ODFC Compatibility Patch (by Tony48)

Small note on the part availability in the tech tree.

I figured, that very small components like decouplers and fairings come at least a level after the main rocket components. E.g. building the Ariane 4 you have all components on 90 credits however the 2.5m fairing is only on 160 credits. Which somewhat feels weird. Had it similar with the Vega (Which by the way is only barely making it into Orbit on JNSQ).

I am not sure if this is relevant to your balancing and if you can influence that or if it should be part of tech tree maintainers? UsingKNES 1.9.3 with community tech tree 3.4.3 and unkerballed start 1.1 on a 1.9.1 KSP

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, derega16 said:

I have cryo tank but somehow only KNES engines have this problem

There’s a patch in the Extras folder included in the download that you’ll need to install.

EDIT: that’s wrong. It should be working, as according to the GitHub repo the patch is included, requiring CryoTanks.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

These shuttle parts sure are a great addition to the game! I was wondering why the command pods require crew to operate though, as I understood Space Rider to be a robotic spacecraft? https://www.esa.int/Enabling_Support/Space_Transportation/Space_Rider

I was able to change the config so it behaves like a probe core, but maybe that is something worth considering for a future update? Thanks for all the great parts in any case though.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

separately

It's easy. Take Parts/Core/Parachute folder to some other folder(Gamedata/MyStandaloneKnesParachute), change "name =" in part configs to avoid patching confusions and change all filepaths to models and textures in part configs to match its new place. Filepaths will be in MODEL{} and ModulePartVariants{} nodes. And you will need to still have RetractableLiftingSurface in your gamedata for parafoil to work properly.