[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

5 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Haven't seen this big dish antenna in Knes, where is it? Looks great.

I use some other mod in my career, you could find this antenna here :

Near Future eXploration 

Edited by Well

Knes 1.9.6 is online - Implemented some fix, for some problem noticed in my current career

Github - Knes 1.9.6

Knes 1.9.6 [2021-05-15]
- Remove srf attach on inline decoupler
- Add png icon
- Set MRK Antenna to relay
- little Techtree review
- Add Science Storage on Calissto Crew/docking part
- Cost fix for P10/P16 Booster
- Fix EndCap fairing
- Fix Crystal laboratory definition
- Upscale Crystals growing rate
- Fix some packed inventory volume
- Reduce Arcas Dockings magnet

Hello @Well ! Just wanted to tell you that I really really love this mod, and that my latest Career playthrough has been EU themed specifically thanks to Knes.

Here's a little space station I've been working on, called Harmony.

awfBhPn.png

27 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Hello @Well ! Just wanted to tell you that I really really love this mod, and that my latest Career playthrough has been EU themed specifically thanks to Knes.

Here's a little space station I've been working on, called Harmony.

awfBhPn.png

Many thanks! This is what make me really happy, glad you use it for your career!

Talking about Hermes... due to the similar size and Shape between this early Hermes and the Soviet LKS shuttle of Tchelomei, i've decided to include a new Texture Variant.

lks_strike_version_1.jpg

EmX6sqPW4AUbYA2.jpg

1641461.jpg

I hope this won't be annoying anyone, i understand this don't fit the ESA/CNES theme, but i play a lot with tantares soviet part, and i feel similarity between those 2 shuttle was so important, it's just better to include a texture variant for it. Off course soviet logo are not included, so just see it like a new variant with little touch of color.

Already on github and will be included in the next release/fix update

screenshot11.png

screenshot22.png

screenshot23.png

screenshot24.png

The idea of course is to play with Tantares parts made by @Beale

Edited by Well

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Well
I wanted to thank you for this astonishing mod. I've learned about it some time ago while I was struggling with launching newer versions of KSP, so kinda was not able to really give it a try. But since I've upgraded my PC, I slowly but methodically check everything that I've missed previously. And I finally get to look through what KNES brings to the table.

And it is simply amazing. I tend to favour small-sized crafts in my playthroughs, and the possibilities for both the individual crafts and space stations that you have brought to us are just breathtaking.

I like common designs for different specialized crafts, and your approach is so modular that it is really easy to achieve here.

I always struggle with spaceplanes, and... Well, okay, I still struggle to get Callisto to orbit on top of conventional rocket (and I also failed at replicating small scale of STS/Buran-like stack), but using kinda hacky solution, which is here:

unknown.png

(four two-staged side boosters with vacuum optimized core basically), but I digress - once I find how to launch it, it is very capable small and easy to construct spaceplane which I manage to land reliably with a couple of small chutes for braking or semireliably (usually losing a landing gear or an elevon, but keeping everything else intact) without them. Its  a fun little thing which is perefectly sized for my playstyle and very capable.

I have very mixed feelings for replicas, looking through the most sticking to history mods for weeks at one time and being bored of copying and just doing whatever pleases me aesthetically at another - but the part catalogue is so extensive while not bloated that I can use it not only for French/European crafts, but for large amount of designs and styles.

And the last, smallest, but in no way the least - I absolutely adore the small androgynous three-petal docking port. Of all mods I've ever seen this one is the most aesthetically pleasing for me realization of the idea.

Well done!

18 hours ago, nothingSpecial said:

Hello @Well
I wanted to thank you for this astonishing mod. I've learned about it some time ago while I was struggling with launching newer versions of KSP, so kinda was not able to really give it a try. But since I've upgraded my PC, I slowly but methodically check everything that I've missed previously. And I finally get to look through what KNES brings to the table.

And it is simply amazing. I tend to favour small-sized crafts in my playthroughs, and the possibilities for both the individual crafts and space stations that you have brought to us are just breathtaking.

I like common designs for different specialized crafts, and your approach is so modular that it is really easy to achieve here.

I always struggle with spaceplanes, and... Well, okay, I still struggle to get Callisto to orbit on top of conventional rocket (and I also failed at replicating small scale of STS/Buran-like stack), but using kinda hacky solution, which is here:

unknown.png

(four two-staged side boosters with vacuum optimized core basically), but I digress - once I find how to launch it, it is very capable small and easy to construct spaceplane which I manage to land reliably with a couple of small chutes for braking or semireliably (usually losing a landing gear or an elevon, but keeping everything else intact) without them. Its  a fun little thing which is perefectly sized for my playstyle and very capable.

I have very mixed feelings for replicas, looking through the most sticking to history mods for weeks at one time and being bored of copying and just doing whatever pleases me aesthetically at another - but the part catalogue is so extensive while not bloated that I can use it not only for French/European crafts, but for large amount of designs and styles.

And the last, smallest, but in no way the least - I absolutely adore the small androgynous three-petal docking port. Of all mods I've ever seen this one is the most aesthetically pleasing for me realization of the idea.

Well done!

Many thanks to you! And don't worry, play the way you want, since you enjoy it that perfect!

Awesome Work!
i've seen all your mods and WOW, you are very good at 3d modelling (your Kraken Science is damn brillant)

i know i'm a "weird KSP player", but this mod in particular is very big... there is a way to obtain a mod with only the French Hermes/Callisto? maybe deleting some folders? (hoping to not break some mod mechanic)

1 hour ago, Kerbinidiel said:

Awesome Work!
i've seen all your mods and WOW, you are very good at 3d modelling (your Kraken Science is damn brillant)

i know i'm a "weird KSP player", but this mod in particular is very big... there is a way to obtain a mod with only the French Hermes/Callisto? maybe deleting some folders? (hoping to not break some mod mechanic)

Many thanks,

i try to organise my parts by folder, So in theory you could delete folder you don't like, but of course is not so simple, because many thing are sometimes shared.

Callisto is here GameData/Knes/Parts/SpacePlane/FrenchHermes but the landing gear is in the EuropeanHermes folder.

48 minutes ago, Well said:

Many thanks,

i try to organise my parts by folder, So in theory you could delete folder you don't like, but of course is not so simple, because many thing are sometimes shared.

Callisto is here GameData/Knes/Parts/SpacePlane/FrenchHermes but the landing gear is in the EuropeanHermes folder.

thanks a lot for your answer!

ok, inside "Parts" folder i can erase all except the "SpacePlane" folder... obtaining in game only the Callisto and the European Hermes, right?

so, i need all the other folders into the main "Knes" folder? or i can delete something not needed for the Callisto and the European Hermes?

i know all of this is a weird question, and do not misunderstand me: i love all your mod, but i'm using a low-end PC, and it's better to use few mods in general

4 hours ago, Kerbinidiel said:

thanks a lot for your answer!

ok, inside "Parts" folder i can erase all except the "SpacePlane" folder... obtaining in game only the Callisto and the European Hermes, right?

so, i need all the other folders into the main "Knes" folder? or i can delete something not needed for the Callisto and the European Hermes?

i know all of this is a weird question, and do not misunderstand me: i love all your mod, but i'm using a low-end PC, and it's better to use few mods in general

yeah it's better to keep other folder inside Knes, just delete in parts folder what you don't want. in theory that would work fine i think. Sadly you need to investigate a little by yourself and see. i don't do custom install for all player.

3 hours ago, Well said:

yeah it's better to keep other folder inside Knes, just delete in parts folder what you don't want. in theory that would work fine i think. Sadly you need to investigate a little by yourself and see. i don't do custom install for all player.

i didn't asked for a custom install... i'm a weird low-endPC player, not a crazy one :D

thanks again for your support!
when i'll upgrade my pc for games i'll use all your mod for sure

@Well I had installed KNES for first time and got a question about Minotaur cargo pod - do it use some kind of black hole compression technology? 12942.2 food in the initial variant with Pathfinder's omnistorage. It can explain the price of 50800(in part list) funds, but still looks buggy or cheaty maybe if that's intended. And it costs 800 full/-2291 emptied of food in editor. More weirdness if omnistorage switched to more expensive resources. 

UPD: brief look to the configs showed Pathfinder compartibility config to be quite strange, I'll personally fix part of this by deliting it. There are only 3 parts involved in it, there are enough omnistorage parts in Pathfinder itself.

Edited by Warro

1 hour ago, Warro said:

@Well I had installed KNES for first time and got a question about Minotaur cargo pod - do it use some kind of black hole compression technology? 12942.2 food in the initial variant with Pathfinder's omnistorage. It can explain the price of 50800(in part list) funds, but still looks buggy or cheaty maybe if that's intended. And it costs 800 full/-2291 emptied of food in editor. More weirdness if omnistorage switched to more expensive resources. 

UPD: brief look to the configs showed Pathfinder compartibility config to be quite strange, I'll personally fix part of this by deliting it. There are only 3 parts involved in it, there are enough omnistorage parts in Pathfinder itself.

Pathfinder's patch is not maintain by me, i don't know anything about it.

Cost in part list is due to the crystals ressource, because KSP show the cost of the full capacity, but it is empty by defaut, so that not the cost you are going to paid.

Knes 1.9.7 is online 

Knes 1.9.7 [2021-06-25]
-------------------------------

- Add LKS Variant for French Hermes
	- Add a Fix small MRK antenna
	- New Hermes Payload Platform
	- Add Telemetry experiment to Asterix Sat
	- Fix ATV RCS Block B Fx
	- STEAM Crystal lab model review
	- MRK Thruster are now also Engine
	- MRK Thruster isp review
	- Craft Review

https://github.com/AstroWell/Knes/releases/tag/v1.9.7

On 6/13/2021 at 2:18 PM, Kerbinidiel said:

i didn't asked for a custom install... i'm a weird low-endPC player, not a crazy one :D

thanks again for your support!
when i'll upgrade my pc for games i'll use all your mod for sure

You should try the “Janitors Closet” mod. It would allow you to hide parts that you are not using. 

31 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

You should try the “Janitors Closet” mod. It would allow you to hide parts that you are not using. 

thanks, but i already use the Janitors Closet... but with it, the game loads all the parts and the plugins, and it affects my low-end pc performance.
have a lot of parts in game is not a problem... have a bad performance because i got a lot of parts and plugins, this is the real problem...and Janitors Closet can't solve that

On 6/13/2021 at 1:37 PM, Kerbinidiel said:

erase all except

You also should spare Core/Fairings and Core/Endcaps, they contain shared stuff. Maybe also Core/Adapters because how are you going to launch your plane, lol. They weight nothing. Also you can remove Knes/Spaces/anyfolderthatisn'thermes, it will save you some memory too - that's where cabin internals are stored and you need only one of them. Hope it helps!

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Finally have some time to play KSP again the new shuttle is pretty cool for career transition between early:

Reveal hidden contents

YrgqU0eh.jpg

57UfH4Zh.jpg

and medium:

Hide contents

5iKHedWh.jpgBmEKp3yh.jpgU6gE3zBh.jpg

Bonus: MRK based crew capsule with launcher on launchpad:

Reveal hidden contents

yWYszcPh.gif5X3rWxtl.jpg

Awesome! Really like the design of those station, Early one is cute. Really happy to see the new shuttle here! Thanks

On 7/18/2021 at 6:25 PM, Pioneer_Steve said:

MRK is so beautiful in Knes.

unknown.png

Beautiful!