[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

On 8/6/2020 at 9:04 PM, DasVasker said:

Can I use Multi-Role Kapsule Cargo to transport TAC life support?

TAC life is not supported (you could if you add what you need in the config)

7 hours ago, capkirk said:

@Well, this mod looks great, and is pretty much the only good source for early French rocket engines. Would you mind if I used your engine models in ROEngines? You will be credited in the mod for your work.

i'm not interested, sorry

3 hours ago, Munarmunar said:

Can we expect an upgrade of the textures of the first stage engine of the Ariane 5?

not planned

Knes is again considered "feature complete" wich mean no new part or revamp until a really hight motivation to do something.

Only Fix update.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

A reproduction of a Lunar program concept by the European Space Agency studied and present in 2008. Feature some heavy version of Ariane 5 and new Station and ATV part:

Booster separation on the heavy Ariane is gorgeous. Did the craft are available for share? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, Kerbalwings said:

i wished the Spaceplane parts were modular like the X-20 mod.

It isn t really fair to compare the Hermes parts to the X 20 parts . The X 20 parts were originally created by someone else and Well revived it years later , the real X 20 was also fairly boxy in shape whereas Hermes had more complex geometry , similar to the Space Shuttle , so it would be very difficult if not impossible to make the Hermes parts as modular as the X 20 . Well has also stated several times that he does not wish to add further features to Knes .

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tony48 said:

New addition to the KNES wiki, the CSTS! :)

A proposed design for a Roscosmos-ESA spacecraft, it is based on the ATV.

https://github.com/tony48/Unofficial-KNES-Wiki/wiki/CSTS

Quick question, where do you find documentation about DLA and ESL/ESLM rocket i'am curious about this.

Second question for everyone, did someone have some documentation about Re usability research of the cnes, i read somewhere, they did some research in the 90s.

32 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

Second question for everyone, did someone have some documentation about Re usability research of the cnes, i read somewhere, they did some research in the 90s.

Some info about reusable launcher:

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2020/10/13/caporicci104/

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2020/10/13/dujarric/

Some picture:

w9ielCq.pngtsT6ZZh.pngE5Aosv7.pngSd4kKeV.pngpRkVTgd.png

Ary4TWJ.jpg

3 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

Quick question, where do you find documentation about DLA and ESL/ESLM rocket i'am curious about this.

I didn't make this page, but I know that we found information about DLA in a book (in french).

@MaguKerman will be able to tell you which book it is and @Well probably knows about ESL.

EDIT : found some info about ESLM here : https://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/West_Europe/ESLM/Description/Frame.htm

JPEG_20200711_182745.jpg

In other news, I also added to the wiki Ariane 5 ME.

Basically it's an Ariane 5 with a longer upper stage and a Vinci instead of an HM7B.

https://github.com/tony48/Unofficial-KNES-Wiki/wiki/Ariane-5-ME

95879270-2a16b300-0d44-11eb-9e2d-f3ca8d5

Edited by tony48

9 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

I found informations about the DLA in an old internal newspaper of the SEP the company that build and designed the engines for Ariane (it became later part of Arianegroup)

On 10/14/2020 at 6:45 AM, MaguKerman said:

I found informations about the DLA in an old internal newspaper of the SEP the company that build and designed the engines for Ariane (it became later part of Arianegroup)

Did this document is available somewhere?

On 10/13/2020 at 11:01 PM, tony48 said:

I didn't make this page, but I know that we found information about DLA in a book (in french).

@MaguKerman will be able to tell you which book it is and @Well probably knows about ESL.

EDIT : found some info about ESLM here : https://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/West_Europe/ESLM/Description/Frame.htm

JPEG_20200711_182745.jpg

What is the name of the book? I do not speak french well but in know people who can.

By the way, someone know ESA choose soyus instead of this?

@josselin2196 Do you have information on Ariane 5SH?

Edited by RocketFowl

On 10/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, RocketFowl said:

By the way, someone know ESA choose soyus instead of this?

Money probably.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, RocketFowl said:

@josselin2196 Do you have information on Ariane 5SH?

Sadly close to zero, i have no more document than the one we discuss page 32 of this thread.

32 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Any chance we could get a life support mod to be compatible with this? (TACLS Preferably :)) I've always loved the ATV and would love to make use of it!

Good idea! I'll make a patch tomorrow to add a "goods" clone of the ATV service module. It'll certainly be an improvement over those ugly tacls containers.

2 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Good idea! I'll make a patch tomorrow to add a "goods" clone of the ATV service module. It'll certainly be an improvement over those ugly tacls containers.

Awesome, thanks! I would do it myself but don't know how so much appreciated!

EDIT: This will work out better than me just hiding the containers inside the ATV

Edited by NateDaBeast

3 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Awesome, thanks! I would do it myself but don't know how so much appreciated!

EDIT: This will work out better than me just hiding the containers inside the ATV

No problem! This bit me in the behind yesterday when I needed a space station resupply quick and only had atv developed (its a mission report, I can't just jury-rig something quick). 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever wanted to get 10,000 units of monoprop to your station but don't have the time to do it in multiple launches? Have you ever wanted to make craft so big that the Ariane 5 struggles to get off the ground? Have your maneuvers been too fast and you want to take 1 minute doing a 10 m/s burn? Well I've got the solution for you! LOONG ATV.

2sFqJiE.png

B0aW5AX.png56D219C.pngNLgeykW.png

Edited by Delta dart

13 hours ago, Delta dart said:

Have you ever wanted to get 10,000 units of monoprop to your station but don't have the time to do it in multiple launches? Have you ever wanted to make craft so big that the Ariane 5 struggles to get off the ground? Have your maneuvers been too fast and you want to take 1 minute doing a 10 m/s burn? Well I've got the solution for you! LOONG ATV.

That is absolutely horrifying .