MmpBxqv.jpg

Knes 1.9.0 [2021-01-02]
-------------------------------

- New Callisto Shuttle (French Hermes)
	- New L3S Variant for many parts
	- Fix Cost = 0 on some Vesta/Veronique parts
	- New inventory settings for KSP 1.11

wvIVFBf.png

I've set some Part to be put in inventory for KSP 1.11, some craft files was also added.

The French Hermes Shuttle could be found in game with the name Callisto

I have no idea how this could be loaded in old KSP version, but i think that would be fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Old Variant of Hermès, the Original French Concept of this manned vehicle, was something i always really wanted to do, i've put the most love i could on those new parts, that was a lot of work, i hope some player are going to enjoy to play with this new Winged vehicle! In the way it was planned before that become an european project, to fit with it i've added a new texture variant for some Ariane Parts, to match the L3S concept ( French Ariane if esa have refused to fund the program) So it's a Back In Time moment.

amazing! I'm gonna try it out today!

I always come back to this mod. Its just a wonderful fun mod that adds so much to the game. Everytime a start up a new save I regret not adding it. I wont make that mistake this time. Im just waiting on one more mod and i will officially start my first save of 2021. Bravo!

11 hours ago, sp1989 said:

I always come back to this mod. Its just a wonderful fun mod that adds so much to the game. Everytime a start up a new save I regret not adding it. I wont make that mistake this time. Im just waiting on one more mod and i will officially start my first save of 2021. Bravo!

Many thanks to you.

5 hours ago, Pioneer_Steve said:

Your shuttle is beautiful.

Thanks! Those screenshots are really beautiful! 

By the launcher you have, i also need to says that all "Soviet" player they don't want to play "french" could pretend that a LKS Chelomei shuttle, design shape and scale have some similarity, 

1iQFpv2.jpgBaqEfSU.jpg

By the way, the Unofficial Wiki is updated to include this Hermes ( Callisto)

Thanks to the Team! https://github.com/tony48/Unofficial-KNES-Wiki/wiki/Hermes

I also need to said i've forgot to do a TechTree review before release, Damn me :0.0:

So if something is really weird or too far on the tech tree, let me know, so i could do a quick fix.

same for all little thing you think that need a fix.

I also higlty recommand to use included craft files

Knes 1.9.1 Hotfix is online (sorry for this)

Knes 1.9.1 [2021-01-03]

- TechTree Review for new Hermes Parts
	- Fix of Flag on the wrong folder (agency/organisation)
	- Cost balance for new parts

18 hours ago, Well said:

Knes 1.9.1 Hotfix is online (sorry for this)

Knes 1.9.1 [2021-01-03]

- TechTree Review for new Hermes Parts
	- Fix of Flag on the wrong folder (agency/organisation)
	- Cost balance for new parts

This update fixed an issue I had with trying to open up the item menu in the VAB for the MRK-5a Antenna, but it the solar panels for the MRK still wont let me edit them to close or open them

zxVWpLG.png

3 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

This update fixed an issue I had with trying to open up the item menu in the VAB for the MRK-5a Antenna, but it the solar panels for the MRK still wont let me edit them to close or open them

zxVWpLG.png

I'm going to take a look, did you tryed before to put them in a inventory ?

Because i've got this same sort of weird bug after having put the ATV solar panel in inventory and finally put in in the craft, it was completely broken (impossible to retract)

Taking a new panel and he worked fine.... did you play in 1.11 ? Could be a stock bug

I proudly present a badly designed ariane based launcher! The ''Ariane Booster Premier lanceur d'étage'', according to google translate ''Ariane Booster First stage launcher''. Don't expect it to look good, it's probably cursed

https://imgur.com/a/AVPGSr4

3 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

I proudly present a badly designed ariane based launcher! The ''Ariane Booster Premier lanceur d'étage'', according to google translate ''Ariane Booster First stage launcher''. Don't expect it to look good, it's probably cursed

If it work, that a beautiful Launcher. :D

------------------------------------------------

@NateDaBeast just tested in game this panel work fine in my install

For all player having some "wobbly" problem, with KJR or even stock, please download the github master version. i've uploaded some fix but don't want to release a fix again, i need to wait a little to see if something else need to be fixed. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Thanks, this could explain what i've see.  1.11 work, but look like still way too buggy to play safely. It's a little annoying for modder to update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Awesome screenshot by @Pioneer_Steve Thanks to him.

Some of them are now in my Wallpaper folder :D :rep:

1SLo9Iz.jpg

LGBaZfg.jpg

gyjPNBW.jpg

9yW9OKD.jpg

Eqz9h_oXcAIDELP?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edited by Well

4 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

Okay will try this out and edit the post with results. 

EDIT: Appears to have worked! Thanks man!

Many thanks for the review, so i'm going to include this sort of patch for retrocompatibilty in the next fix update.

5 hours ago, ElonMusket23 said:

@Well This shuttle is amazing!  I love the level of detail on these parts.

unknown.png

Many thanks !  Great screenshots btw, really happy to see how people use it.

Just now, Well said:

Many thanks for the review, so i'm going to include this sort of patch for retrocompatibilty in the next fix update.

Many thanks !  Great screenshots btw, really happy to see how people use it.

Just a heads-up: @Nertea has a version of this that is much better for mod authors than my general patch that just nukes everything.

// Deletes cargo partmodule in KSP < 1.11
@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Chris?Adderley??Nertea?],@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]]:NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2]:FOR[NearFutureSolar]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart] {}
}

Obviously, you wouldn't use exactly this, probably something along the lines of :HAS[#manufacturer[KNES]], and :FOR[Knes].

The :NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2] is a new part (a revamp, I think) added in 1.11, so it is a good way of checking if 1.11 is installed.

7 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Just a heads-up: @Nertea has a version of this that is much better for mod authors than my general patch that just nukes everything.

// Deletes cargo partmodule in KSP < 1.11
@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Chris?Adderley??Nertea?],@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]]:NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2]:FOR[NearFutureSolar]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart] {}
}

Obviously, you wouldn't use exactly this, probably something along the lines of :HAS[#manufacturer[KNES]], and :FOR[Knes].

The :NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2] is a new part (a revamp, I think) added in 1.11, so it is a good way of checking if 1.11 is installed.

Many thanks yes, i've see that, it's a much cleaner patch, i'm going to include something like that in the next fix update.

Knes 1.9.2 is online - Github

Knes 1.9.2 [2021-01-05]
-----------------------

- Reduce Torque Value on Abort Motor to fix KJR problem
	- Add missing breaking torque value on some parts
	- Cleanup some Config
	- Move Cargo Part to Cargo category
	- Remove ore capacity on small cargo (now inventory)
	- Add a Patch for RetroCompatibility for old KSP<1.11
	- Update some craft files
	- Adjust Landing gear color
	- French Flag adjusted

Thanks all for your patience, i think all major and minor issue are now fixed, but let me know off course if you find something else

giphy.gif

Edited by Well

First I’d like to take the time to say that this mod is brilliant. It has a wonderful combination of parts that adds huge flavour to the game. Thank you for the time and effort that goes into its development.

Second on to a quick question:

I’m currently using KNES with JNSQ and had an unfortunate return from my first Mun mission with the MRK... namely the capsule burnt up at an altitude of 55km killing the crew. I’d tested it from low Kerbin orbit, but this was the first time from such a high orbital velocity. Have other people noticed problems with returning MRK from the Mun or Minmus? Or did I just get the angle of reentry to steep?

Edit: I should add that I’m playing with v1.8.2 in KSP 1.10

Edited by facmanpob

5 hours ago, facmanpob said:

First I’d like to take the time to say that this mod is brilliant. It has a wonderful combination of parts that adds huge flavour to the game. Thank you for the time and effort that goes into its development.

Second on to a quick question:

I’m currently using KNES with JNSQ and had an unfortunate return from my first Mun mission with the MRK... namely the capsule burnt up at an altitude of 55km killing the crew. I’d tested it from low Kerbin orbit, but this was the first time from such a high orbital velocity. Have other people noticed problems with returning MRK from the Mun or Minmus? Or did I just get the angle of reentry to steep?

Edit: I should add that I’m playing with v1.8.2 in KSP 1.10

Thanks for the review, MRK Maxtemp was already upscaled in Knes 1.7.0 due to this problem. Are you sure you have at least the 1.8.2 installed ?

(btw nothing is supposed to break with new Knes version)

Anyway i'm going to investigate that in my install

Can you precise also your difficulty setting ? for Rentry heat or did you play eventually with some other mod changing rentry like FAR ?

Really sorry for your crew on this mission, hope you got some save

14 minutes ago, Well said:

Thanks for the review, MRK Maxtemp was already upscaled in Knes 1.7.0 due to this problem. Are you sure you have at least the 1.8.2 installed ?

(btw nothing is supposed to break with new Knes version)

Anyway i'm going to investigate that in my install

Can you precise also your difficulty setting ? for Rentry heat or did you play eventually with some other mod changing rentry like FAR ?

Really sorry for your crew on this mission, hope you got some save

Hi Well, thanks for the reply. It was a clean install of 1.8.2. I will check the difficulty setting tonight when I get into the game, but I’m not using FAR or anything else that would change the reentry (of course I will double check just to make sure!) :)

I’ll start a sandbox save as well and run some test launches just to make sure it wasn’t a screw up on my part - it wouldn’t be the first time! Lol

16 minutes ago, facmanpob said:

Hi Well, thanks for the reply. It was a clean install of 1.8.2. I will check the difficulty setting tonight when I get into the game, but I’m not using FAR or anything else that would change the reentry (of course I will double check just to make sure!) :)

I’ll start a sandbox save as well and run some test launches just to make sure it wasn’t a screw up on my part - it wouldn’t be the first time! Lol

Thanks, JNSQ off course add a lot of rentry heat with more orbital velocity. I need to make an install to check that.

At least i could said for now that irl MRK was not supposed to go beyond LEO :D but off course we want more for KSP. i've always suspected the shape off the caspule to take more heat by the side.

26 minutes ago, Well said:

At least i could said for now that irl MRK was not supposed to go beyond LEO :D but off course we want more for KSP. i've always suspected the shape off the caspule to take more heat by the side.

That's why I was asking :D  Pushing things to the limits is very Kerbal!

If coming back from the Mun is too much for the poor MRK then I'll just have to rethink my strategy... I'm already doing an Earth orbit rendezvous between two Ariane 44L to marry the MRK with a transfer stage (I haven't unlocked enough Ariane 5 parts yet to upgrade my launcher) so maybe I need to find some more delta v so that I can decelerate into LKO before doing a normal orbital reentry.

Hmmm, thinking about it, that would give me a reason to rendezvous with my space station to generate more data for science! ;)