[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

14 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Have you ever considered making parts for the Ariane 4 rocket? I've searched the forums and I don't believe anyone else has recreated this rocket yet.

Ariane 4 is actually my favorite real rocket. But a little complex, need a lot of work, so yes i think that could come in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally decided to reboot my Knes Mod, i've learned many think with the help of other modders. And in fact i want to work on what i really want, and what i've imagined at the first time for my Knes mod. (French Rocket and sat) (and Alternate History of the French Space Program without esa)

I know some people are going to be angry, so i'm not sure what i could make for IXV, CEV, ariane 5 and Hermes. Depreciate them but keep parts included? I don't really like that. The Best option i have for now, is to make an other Mod for them, a mod about european stuff. But in fact i don't really want to work on european stuff for now. My modding time is limited, and i want to work on what i really want.

Actual Parts for the Reboot, Early French Rocket Vesta, Veronique, and science Part:

Dv6pscKX0AAqbCJ.jpg

screen_2560x1440_2018-12-30_14-00-37.png

I know many player install Knes mostly for my lifting body part, i need to says, Knes are going to be completely different on the future.

Concept of French Space Program, certainly a good aspect of what i want for Knes Future: (Pictures)

Spoiler

Projects.jpg

Projects.jpg

LRBA.jpg

1981%20solaris%2002.jpg

Space Station Solaris and the Capsule vehicle

Di3AOeEXgAAh3Io.jpg

In this alternate history, The French LIII-S (Ariane1) is developped without esa, Ariane 5 is an evolution of Ariane 4 with 5 Viking Engine.

Hermes_20.jpg

C8HQLfVWsAEW1D5.jpg

Hermes is a really Small space plane, the early french concept designed in 1975 / 77 :

C8HPtqPW4AAx9vn.jpg

Please be open to said what you think about that in this thread, thanks.

20 minutes ago, Well said:

I've finally decided to reboot my Knes Mod, i've learned many think with the help of other modders. And in fact i want to work on what i really want, and what i've imagined at the first time for my Knes mod. (French Rocket and sat) (and Alternate History of the French Space Program without esa)

I know some people are going to be angry, so i'm not sure what i could make for IXV, CEV, ariane 5 and Hermes. Depreciate them but keep parts included? I don't really like that. The Best option i have for now, is to make an other Mod for them, a mod about european stuff. But in fact i don't really want to work on european stuff for now. My modding time is limited, and i want to work on what i really want.

Actual Parts for the Reboot, Early French Rocket Vesta, Veronique, and science Part:

(snip)

Rather than depreciate the non-French parts, how about putting them in an other mod (e.g. "Knes Legacy" or something) that you keep in "maintenance mod" (and be explicit about it that you are not going to develop it further for the time being). This way, people can still enjoy them and use the parts if they want, and if, one day, you feel like improving them/expand the part set, they're here :)

In any case, I will be looking forward to the future Knes parts ! Keep up the good work :)

12 hours ago, Well said:

Dv6pscKX0AAqbCJ.jpg

screen_2560x1440_2018-12-30_14-00-37.png

I know many player install Knes mostly for my lifting body part, i need to says, Knes are going to be completely different on the future.

Concept of French Space Program, certainly a good aspect of what i want for Knes Future: (Pictures)

Reveal hidden contents

Projects.jpg

Projects.jpg

LRBA.jpg

1981%20solaris%2002.jpg

Space Station Solaris and the Capsule vehicle

Di3AOeEXgAAh3Io.jpg

In this alternate history, The French LIII-S (Ariane1) is developped without esa, Ariane 5 is an evolution of Ariane 4 with 5 Viking Engine.

Hermes_20.jpg

C8HQLfVWsAEW1D5.jpg

Hermes is a really Small space plane, the early french concept designed in 1975 / 77 :

C8HPtqPW4AAx9vn.jpg

It seems a bit od to me to put new parts into a mod people already use and remove parts that that they down load the mod for, its like ford saying , from now one we only make bikes, but we are creating a new company for our cars.

a mod dosent have have to be constantly changing or improving to be a good one, B9 , LLL , tacls to name a few. 

I personally dont use mods where the modder will occasionally decide to scrap chunks of the mod and make it save game breaking *cough*MKS*cough* because i like to update the game and continue with the mods i love. 

As a fan of this mod id say just leave it as is and make a new mod called FrenchSpaceProgram or something, maybe go down the MKS/Pathfinder rout of a shared resource folder if you need the same things in both mods. 

On 1/3/2019 at 11:11 AM, Joal ban Kluane said:

Rather than depreciate the non-French parts, how about putting them in an other mod (e.g. "Knes Legacy" or something) that you keep in "maintenance mod" (and be explicit about it that you are not going to develop it further for the time being). This way, people can still enjoy them and use the parts if they want, and if, one day, you feel like improving them/expand the part set, they're here :)

In any case, I will be looking forward to the future Knes parts ! Keep up the good work :)

15 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

It seems a bit od to me to put new parts into a mod people already use and remove parts that that they down load the mod for, its like ford saying , from now one we only make bikes, but we are creating a new company for our cars.

a mod dosent have have to be constantly changing or improving to be a good one, B9 , LLL , tacls to name a few. 

I personally dont use mods where the modder will occasionally decide to scrap chunks of the mod and make it save game breaking *cough*MKS*cough* because i like to update the game and continue with the mods i love. 

As a fan of this mod id say just leave it as is and make a new mod called FrenchSpaceProgram or something, maybe go down the MKS/Pathfinder rout of a shared resource folder if you need the same things in both mods. 

Thank you for giving me your opinion. I’ll try to choose the most appropriate solution for everyone. I don't have actually so much parts in my mod, so i still have the option to keep them all, but remaking them to fit the new Way. Rename part without breaking save ? Not sure i could for every part, but maybe.

My question is more why reboot the mod, why remake functional parts? Its a good ESA theory mod, but what you seem to be saying you want to make is a french mod akin to the uk operation backfire, so why not make both. Atm i use your mod as a heavy cargo mod. And its great for that! Seems od to change it all. Add in to it defiantly ( i love the idea od that cat part on all my relay satellites :p ) 

Props thow, i love how you put your ideas out there first! Its really nice so see! Ive had a few games killed by un announced deprecations .

Much love for the mod!

Edited by Space Kadet

1 hour ago, Well said:

Thank you for giving me your opinion. I’ll try to choose the most appropriate solution for everyone. I don't have actually so much parts in my mod, so i still have the option to keep them all, but remaking them to fit the new Way. Rename part without breaking save ? Not sure i could for every part, but maybe.

3 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

My question is more why reboot the mod, why remake functional parts? Its a good ESA theory mod, but what you seem to be saying you want to make is a french mod akin to the uk operation backfire, so why not make both. Atm i use your mod as a heavy cargo mod. And its great for that! Seems od to change it all. Add in to it defiantly ( i love the idea od that cat part on all my relay satellites :p ) 

Props thow, i love how you put your ideas out there first! Its really nice so see! Ive had a few games killed by un announced deprecations .

Much love for the mod!

The problem for me is that 'mod covering French rocketry and French alt-history designs' can't be named something OTHER than KNES - it's just too good. :) (For those that may not know, CNES is the French space agency)

If you don't want to spend any more time on the stuff you've already made, don't. Your time is valuable and in short supply. Deprecate them, move them to a KNES-Legacy folder (which can be done without breaking saves as long as the internal names for the parts don't change) and only make updates to it if people find bugs.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

The problem for me is that 'mod covering French rocketry and French alt-history designs' can't be named something OTHER than KNES - it's just too good. :) (For those that may not know, CNES is the French space agency)

If you don't want to spend any more time on the stuff you've already made, don't. Your time is valuable and in short supply. Deprecate them, move them to a KNES-Legacy folder (which can be done without breaking saves as long as the internal names for the parts don't change) and only make updates to it if people find bugs.

Ah ok i get why! You could rename it KESA :p 

havin said that, ive not come across bugs in your mod in a long time. Its a good finished mod. I think its one that just needs recompiling every once in a while. And i do appreciate the loosing interest in something, its how i discovered KSP, i got bored with eve online. 

Good luck on the works, and it really is looking good!

5 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Do you have plany for the bigger upper stage ESC-A of Ariane 5 ECA?

Maybe, because the HM-7B Engine is the same for Ariane 4 and 5, but in need to find a way to have one part for the 2 rocket, with a shroud or something like that.

Not soon

3 hours ago, Well said:

Maybe, because the HM-7B Engine is the same for Ariane 4 and 5, but in need to find a way to have one part for the 2 rocket, with a shroud or something like that.

Not soon

I have that seen in other mods: one engine with twoo shrouds and both can disabled with the rightclick menue in VAB.

Knes 0.6 is online

xs9r5wF.jpg

Knes 0.6 [2019-01-10] ChangeLog
---------------------

- Update to KSP 1.6.1
- New Parts for "Varinka" French Rocket
- New Parts for "Viska" French Rocket
- Update of all Fairing for a better look
- New model for the "Cortex" Avionics of Ariane 5
- New model for the EPS Ariane 5 upper stage
- Nerf of the EPS Engine
- Fix of EAP Thrust
- New Texture for the Guepiere
- Crystals Ressource Cost Fix
- New Included Flag
- New AO texture and Normals for Ariane 5 core tank
- Many Nodes Fix
- Blue Fx for Vulcain Engine

SpaceDock

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

A warning: The names of the science parts have changed.  If you have any ships with them in the world, you'll need to bring them back before upgrading, or your ships will die.

(I've reverted to an older version of the mod.)

I've be really careful about name of the parts.... I check that, sorry if that make problem :/

Patch Fix for the wrong name of these science Part, Thanks @DStaal and sorry for the problem :blush:

Knes 0.6.1 [2019-01-11]
-----------------------

- Fix for name of Science Parts (old save can't load)
    - Change some nodes of techtree

Thanks.  BTW: I did appreciate that you were trying to go with less-generic names, which are less likely cause name collision.  The normal way to do this would be to have either a patch or a complete old version of the parts in there with the old names and set to 'unreseachable' or similar, so new craft would be put out with the new parts but the old parts would still load.  Do that for a version or two of the mod, and clearly mark that the old parts are depreciated, so people have time to replace their ships in their saves.

Even for me it wouldn't have been a big issue if I'd known about it - I only had the parts on science module on my space station, and I could easily replace it.  (As it was designed to be recovered anyway.)

Hi! First off, I gotta say thanks for this mod! I've used it since I first found it, and just redownloaded it after a break from KSP.  But my game seems to be hanging on load. On the second "half" of the loading, when it's going through all the parts, it stops on the SafeSystem entry for some reason. 

In terms of troubleshooting, so far I've tried switching from Module Manager 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 just for the heck of it, that didn't work.

The weirdest part is, I can get it to work on a smaller GameData folder. I made a second KSP instance to test this, and downloaded some mods I usually use, and dropped KNES in there. I even tried to put mods I thought could possibly be causing the problem, like B9PartSwitch, Firespitter, the part-relevant mods I could think of. Surprisingly enough, it worked. But when I have it in the GameData folder for my normal KSP instance, it'll hang on load.

I'm kind of inept when it comes to KSP mods, and logs and all that, so here's some (hopefully) relevant information. 

Version: KSP 1.5.1 (I tried the Knes for 1.5.1 and it does the same thing)

MM Version: 3.1.3 (I've tried 3.1.2 also, no dice)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 (not sure if this is relevant, but hey better safe than sorry)

Here is the KSP log from my save that wouldn't load: KSP.log (opens in dropbox, you can preview without downloading) (I'm really sorry if I'm only supposed to upload the last few lines of the log that actually threw the error, this whole bug reporting thing is fairly new to me)

Now here are images of my GameData folders in case this is a conflict with another mod. 

This first one is the GameData folder that works with Knes, this is the troubleshooting GameData folder. 

This image is my normal KSP folder I play, the one that Knes won't load on.

Here is the part of the loading screen it hangs on

Edited by boofzilla
Clarified troubleshooting

12 hours ago, boofzilla said:

Hi! First off, I gotta say thanks for this mod! I've used it since I first found it, and just redownloaded it after a break from KSP.  But my game seems to be hanging on load. On the second "half" of the loading, when it's going through all the parts, it stops on the SafeSystem entry for some reason. 

In terms of troubleshooting, so far I've tried switching from Module Manager 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 just for the heck of it, that didn't work.

The weirdest part is, I can get it to work on a smaller GameData folder. I made a second KSP instance to test this, and downloaded some mods I usually use, and dropped KNES in there. I even tried to put mods I thought could possibly be causing the problem, like B9PartSwitch, Firespitter, the part-relevant mods I could think of. Surprisingly enough, it worked. But when I have it in the GameData folder for my normal KSP instance, it'll hang on load.

I'm kind of inept when it comes to KSP mods, and logs and all that, so here's some (hopefully) relevant information. 

Version: KSP 1.5.1 (I tried the Knes for 1.5.1 and it does the same thing)

MM Version: 3.1.3 (I've tried 3.1.2 also, no dice)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 (not sure if this is relevant, but hey better safe than sorry)

Here is the KSP log from my save that wouldn't load: KSP.log (opens in dropbox, you can preview without downloading) (I'm really sorry if I'm only supposed to upload the last few lines of the log that actually threw the error, this whole bug reporting thing is fairly new to me)

Now here are images of my GameData folders in case this is a conflict with another mod. 

This first one is the GameData folder that works with Knes, this is the troubleshooting GameData folder. 

This image is my normal KSP folder I play, the one that Knes won't load on.

Here is the part of the loading screen it hangs on

Thanks for your complete data join with your problem, i investigate that, difficult to see what happen here. Look like a PartDatabase issue, but why.

From what i see, the 2 safesystem have drag cube set in the config files, that the 2 only part with that set i think.

Could you try to delete the     "DRAG_CUBE" section of the CFG ? and try to reload ?

So Delete exactly this line for "Knes_Utility_SafeSystem" :

DRAG_CUBE
    {
        cube = Default, 7.344658,0.7515181,1.980434, 7.344658,0.7516301,1.980434, 11.00077,0.4258759,2.35452, 11.00077,0.7470945,0.1906485, 7.3984,0.7432775,1.971122, 7.3984,0.7581861,1.971122, -1.907349E-06,0,0, 3.776463,2.301678,3.757764
    }

And this line for "Knes_Utility_SafeSystem_1875" :

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 7.344658,0.7515181,1.980434, 7.344658,0.7516301,1.980434, 11.00077,0.4258759,2.35452, 11.00077,0.7470945,0.1906485, 7.3984,0.7432775,1.971122, 7.3984,0.7581861,1.971122, -1.907349E-06,0,0, 3.776463,2.301678,3.757764
	}

And maybe delete the KSP "PartDatabase.cfg" from your install before reload the game (PartDatabase is generated on the launch if doesn't exist, so force the game to calculate drag)

Idk actually why i've set these Drag Cube in my cfg (don't remember) But i think i've used the old stock cfg Rockomax Adapter to start the cfg, that maybe why.

But still i don't understand why that cause a problem here.

Also you could use the Last Knes version please Knes 0.6.1, i don't use new functionnality like variant or other stuff, so i think Knes could be launch without problem from maybe KSP 1.3 to 1.6.1

Edited by Well

9 hours ago, Well said:

Thanks for your complete data join with your problem, i investigate that, difficult to see what happen here. Look like a PartDatabase issue, but why.

From what i see, the 2 safesystem have drag cube set in the config files, that the 2 only part with that set i think.

Could you try to delete the     "DRAG_CUBE" section of the CFG ? and try to reload ?

So Delete exactly this line for "Knes_Utility_SafeSystem" :

DRAG_CUBE
    {
    }

And this line for "Knes_Utility_SafeSystem_1875" :

DRAG_CUBE
	{
	}

And maybe delete the KSP "PartDatabase.cfg" from your install before reload the game (PartDatabase is generated on the launch if doesn't exist, so force the game to calculate drag)

Idk actually why i've set these Drag Cube in my cfg (don't remember) But i think i've used the old stock cfg Rockomax Adapter to start the cfg, that maybe why.

But still i don't understand why that cause a problem here.

Also you could use the Last Knes version please Knes 0.6.1, i don't use new functionnality like variant or other stuff, so i think Knes could be launch without problem from maybe KSP 1.3 to 1.6.1

Unfortunately, I tried both of those and they won't work. I used the latest version, and tried both of those solutions, and it still hangs there.

Also, I don't know if its just because it didn't get further in the loading process, but no part database file regenerated after I deleted it.