[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

4 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Oh God, it's beautiful! I know this is probably not possible, but could you make similar looking 0.9375m, 1.25m sized ports?

Thanks, and sorry I don't want to have the same docking port for bigger size.

I’ll make another model when I need the biggest docking port.    You could adjust the size with a new config if you want

58 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

OK :) That's fine. But what do you mean by "The biggest docking port"? What size would that be?

My new dock is this size 

Clamp-o-tron_jr.png

So the biggest :

Clamp-o-tron_docking_port.png

6 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Thanks for the amazing new parts @Well!

(Spoiler EXTREMELY image heavy)

Hide contents

unknown.png

unknown.png 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Kerbin Eclipse turned the ship red!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

(Forgot to change the default flag, sorry)

Really nice, thanks for all these pictures ! I appreciate that.  Not out of electricty after a long mission like that ?

19 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Surprisingly, no. I think you may need to increase the electricity usage of the capsule ;) 

It was piloted, no EC usage.  (Unless you were actively using SAS or a Life-Support mod.)

5 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Ah. But I had the capsule lights on for the entire mission and the EC only went down like 1 unit.

Capsule lights don't use EC either. There used to be a mod for that, but it's broken since 1.5.x.

6 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

The "kerbalness" of Vulcain rockets is so funny :D

1553731010-220200-20190328003321-1.png

With a solid upper stage, certainly lol

"The new French Kerbonaut, alone in space" Thanks!

I love because every tantares part are now gigantic, like the Shenzhou/SoyuzA Orbital Module vs Viking

The service module allow surface attach, so it's maybe possible to attach science or Solar panel on it, without any problem with the shroud because she don't have any collider for this reason. Little room unfortunately

13 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Would it be possible for you to add a BPC (Boost Protective Cover), to make the lines of the craft smoother while attached to a launcher? @Well

I've tryed different solution like make a fairing to have something adaptable for other part and diameter, but KSP don't like the idea of having a fairing an engine on the same part, for now that don't work. I think for player they really want that, you could use a fairing upside down and make what you want.

Knes 0.9 is online

ZPFFQeq.jpg

https://spacedock.info/mod/1470/Knes

Knes 0.9 [2019-03-29]
-----------------------------------

- Fix of smoke FX visible in space for solid booster
    - Fix Of Scale FX for Diane Engine
    - Fix Of Scale FX for Catherine Stage
    - Fix Add a nozzles collider for the P064 Booster
    - Fix for Black Diamant Craft File
    - Normal Map Fix for Diamant parts
    - New Command Pod "Viking" 0.9375
    - New Inline Parachute 0.9375
    - New Heatshield 0.9375
    - New Monoprop Fuel Tank 0.9375 Nano and medium size
    - New Docking System (Docking junior size)
    - Fix Monoprop Capacity of Diamant parts
Edited by Well

Nice, but the Viking engine should be fully modeled, with circular holes cut out for them in the thrust plate.
ar_28big.jpg

You will need to model the turbopump assembly anyway, since it's visible on the 2nd stage. You can use the same pump for all Viking versions.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

Nice, but the Viking engine should be fully modeled, with circular holes cut out for them in the thrust plate.

*snip*

You will need to model the turbopump assembly anyway, since it's visible on the 2nd stage. You can use the same pump for all Viking versions.

That's right, it works perfectly. Pump, combustion chamber and "accessories" differ only minimally.

yuF3nIT.png

4 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

2 hours ago, hraban said:

That's right, it works perfectly. Pump, combustion chamber and "accessories" differ only minimally.

I know i need to make it for the second stage, i've just found more useful to have only one part for this stage; like Tantares Proton first stage.

Other player also said they like to have a hole to fit the engine they want.... so i don't like that but i suppose i'm going to take this way...

I already see so much pressure for this rocket lol

3 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

so..viking? any reason for the name if I may ask?

I think if i remember the V is for Vernon the city where is been developped, same for Veronique and Vesta (early french rocket)

The first Veronique rocket is for (Vernon Electronique)

But idk on detail for Viking

7 hours ago, Well said:

I know i need to make it for the second stage, i've just found more useful to have only one part for this stage; like Tantares Proton first stage.

From my experience, this is not a good idea. Also, engine mount and the water tank were the same between Ariane variants, but the engines themselves were not:
Viking-5.jpg
This is Viking 5. Note the conical nozzle. Compare to Viking 5C:
Viking-5C_2big.jpg
It is better to make a single engine mount, and allow players to add engines as they see fit, including engines from other mods, if they want. Modularity is good for KSP, and saving part count is not important on launch vehicles (it matters mostly for station parts, because stations can grow big).