[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

14 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I agree to this point, giving us the Viking was awesome and as we discussed @Well I think station parts or vehicles we saw together could be a nice addition to those mighty launchers you gave to us <3

Did someone say French station parts? Yes please!

Also good opportunity to practice more IVA's :D

1 hour ago, steedcrugeon said:

Did someone say French station parts? Yes please!

Also good opportunity to practice more IVA's :D

@Well is more in-touch with station stuff, but we thought of the early Colombus station for Hermes or I thought of a one-man little space station like the Mercury-LabTM but for Viking !

Here is the Columbus MTFF station

mtffmbb7.jpg

With Hermes

Hermes_01.jpg

Edited by DiscoSlelge

For an early french space station for Viking Mission, my best concept for now is a small space module/station at 1.25 scale inspired by this soviet module.

I really like the shape : (maybe with solar panel)

fig2-2.jpg

IRL the only space station designed by french at this period is the Minos / Trisat automatic platform later Solaris

A Pressurised manned module have be planned to dock on it later, so the idea is to make this manned module ( soviet inspired / on top ) and an automatic crystals station. With this way, Manned Mission or Automatic Mission with cargo vehicle is possible like irl

Solaris-2.jpg

This automatic station is supposed to produce crystals in orbit, i need to find the gameplay for that.

I've already make a Cargo Variant of Viking for that crystals transport ( And Science / KIS / Ore and other stuff )

screen_2560x1440_2019-04-08_17-30-52.png

Of course all this stuff is for Viking vehicle, at small size ( Minos / Trisat concept IRL )

An other automatic station is needed for Solaris Concept, because Solaris is really bigger and can't really match with all this stuff.

So Minos Trisat for Viking are for early career ( low crystals rate producted )

And Solaris vehicle and station for later career with big spacecraft and big rate of crystals

1981%2520solaris%252002.jpg?width=787&height=481

look fine for everyone ?

Also this is my roadmap, but i have also other stuff i want, and of course idk what i'm going to make first.

I generally work, depend on my time and motivation

3 hours ago, Well said:

awesome stuff proposal

Love the soviet concept !! It would be amazing to have it for Viking <3

I agree with your roadmap idea, and spending love into small station, it would be a fine addition for an early techtree career ! Knes is love, Knes is life <3

Edited by DiscoSlelge

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Well Would it be possible to make a science/antenna nosecone for the Viking capsule in place of a docking port for non-rendezvous missions, similar to Mercury's nosecone?

I see what you said, that could be a little part yes. At the first time i've thinked to a science part at 0.625 scale you could add on the bottom of the inline parachute, so we could recover the capsule AND the science part.   Idk

Actually i think the Diamant B avionics/probe core at 0.625 scale could make a great little top section for Viking :

D2RgjnrXQAAjqjz.png

The Parachute could go on top of the avionics or on top of the capsule ?

But anyway you're right i probably need a cover or something for simple mission without docking.

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid the engine being integrated with the endcap, and especially avoid stacks which connect by the engine, like in stock KSP. This is very bad for rocket stability.

The rocket should go tank->decoupler->tank for the best stability, or tank-engine mount-decoupler-tank, but only if you need it. Engine should attach to a separate node on the tank, and either have no bottom node or have it only for aerodynamics. 

The reason for that is that KSP physics work best when connected parts are of similar mass. The more light parts (like engines) you put between two tanks, the more wobbly the rocket will be. Ariane 4 is big enough that this may become a problem, and it's annoying to have to autostrut everything. Also remember to use proper node sizes (similar to stock parts of similar size). This will also serve to reduce wobble.

4 hours ago, Wirelex said:

the five engine version first stage for Ariane 3-4 rocket that never happened

If you read above, you'll see it's one of the early concepts of the Ariane 5 first stage. I seriously doubt any modder is dumb enough to put the wrong amount of engines on their stage.

9 hours ago, Wirelex said:

the old version ariane 5 was based ariane 4 design that never happened

i don't really understand, yes this Ariane 5 is only a concept and never be builded. But that the same for 70 % of the French Rocket i have in my mod.

KSP allow us to play with many "concept" of spacecraft and rocket.

Edited by Well

Knes 1.0 is online

yvbmci8.jpg

Knes 1.0 [2019-05-02]

- New Cargo Pod 0.9375 "Minotaur"
- New Cryogenic Engine H3 0.625
- New Model for Ariane 5 Small and medium FuelTank
- New Model for H10 FuelTank (new size)
- New H8 FuelTank 1.875m
- Complete TechTree review
- AO Fix on Carmen Fuel Tank
- Specular Fix on All Decoupler
- Fix of missing name for Carmen Adapter
- New EndCap for Ariane5 EPC Fuel Tank
- New "Starlette" Sat
- New "Kassler" CubeSat
- New Ariane L140 Stage
- New Ariane L220 Stage
- New Ariane L220N Stage
- New H45 Stage 2.5m
- New HM60 Engine 2.5m
- New Model for the Zebulon hm7 engine
- New L33 Engine 1.875m
- New Model for the Minus probe core 1.875m
- New AR4 Avionics Probe core 1.875/2.5m

@Well

Do you have plans a slighlty bigger upper stage fot the old Ariane-5-concept?It has a bigger diameter like the first stage.
Also can you make a suitable adapter für the Hermes for the Ariane-5-concept?

Edited by Cheesecake

10 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@Well

Do you have plans a slighlty bigger upper stage fot the old Ariane-5-concept?It has a bigger diameter like the first stage.
Also can you make a suitable adapter für the Hermes for the Ariane-5-concept?

The scale of the upper stage for the Bigger variant is a little weird for me ~3.125, i'm not sure i want it.

My actual European Hermes is not supposed to be launched on this variant, i don't have tested, TWR ? I can't make an adapter for it because the Adapter is the ressource module, i could see today what that look like.... but idk.

Maybe a simple decoupler with a fairing could work ?