[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

18 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

simple way: it can be possible to have a copy of each vessel with kis module and no stock inventory. Downside: load heavy.

This is not an option.

For know i have in mind using Stock Inventory by defaut, And KIS only if installed.

sound good for everyone ? ( i need to see with other modder what they decide.)

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, squeaker0704 said:

can you build black arrow with this mod

Knes is about French Rocket, and some european stuff.

For Black Arrow and some great British stuff, please take a look to the mod CRE made by @Beale

Some month ago, i've started the last thing i always wanted to do for Knes... The First French concept of Hermès, before the project become european. 

FrenchHermes.jpg

screen_5120x2880_2020-12-21_15-07-49.png

screen_5120x2880_2020-12-19_14-01-07.png

screen_5120x2880_2020-12-21_17-18-30.png

I am confident enough in the model to share finally some images. I've already put a lot of work on it, but of course this are going to need a lot of time before release, with KSP 1.11 at the same time, please don't expect an 1.11 update really soon.

Wings and Rudder are separate parts, but core of the shuttle including the bay is one part. A new monoprop engine at the back, and a Crew Module to put inside the bay to match the concept. Only 2 crew without this module.

EbStog2XgAEyJiD?format=jpgC8HQLfVWsAEW1D5?format=jpg&name=mediumCtG_NRsWAAE69oT?format=jpg&name=large

i've planned a Stock a like variant white grey (in pictures here) and a second variant with black heatshield, more realistic shuttle style

Edited by Well

Gemstones Part 2: Emeraude, Saphir, Diamant-A

Sorry for the delay - as you know, CP2077 happened, and it captured me for almost two weeks. Anyway...

4) Emeraude

First liquid-fueled Gemstone, the Emeraude was a suborbital test vehicle for a liquid-fueled first stage. Its Vexin engine used turpentine as liquid fuel, and nitric acid as oxidizer. It also featured two small (solid?) vernier engines, mounted on tips of two of its four winglets. It also used a dummy Topaze second stage.

pCrfzJM.png

Uses Vanguard launchpad. Note that it has some collider problems when used with Vexin; select "No hold structure" in editor, otherwise you may encounter some collider problems.

Features new tank-tower, now 100% weirder! (Made from BDB Fatlas fuel tank)...

...aaaaand... (drums)

nfcTbkI.png

LYSrNO3.png

...jettisonable thermal protection panels, just like the real thing!!! (See below for manual on how to make these)

aqK8exN.png

ex2feXl.png

This Emerause replica uses Cosmocat as payload.

uQg0e68.png

5) Saphir

The Saphir was a test vehicle for French IRBM technology and a direct precursor to Diamant satellite launcher. It was basically an Emeraude with active Topaze second stage instead of dummy one. There were three Saphir variants; mine intends to replicate Saphir-R.

6DdgkXZ.png

GdDD7ah.png

nnwa6QF.png

J5RRJTf.jpg

CSgONej.png

Hhp404c.png

PQsgjoA.png

The payload is made from (top from bottom):

- KNES Valiant nosecone

- KNES Assiduous fairing base (and fairing)

- Two Able\Delta-SIF adapters from BDB

6) Diamant-A

All the hard work on Gemstones culminated in Diamant - the first satellite launcher developed outside US and USSR. Its first launch at 26 November 1965 was a huge success - it orbited Asterix, the first French satellite.

d1B6yCg.png

AabQPwk.png

Not the best moment, I know.

tAbjGj6.png

mdeGo32.png

UcAPOSZ.png

Gm1PO6c.jpg

thvZmD3.png

vZ9dc2m.png

Using RCS for extra dV.

IyyR1z5.png

gltSplt.png

Coasting to the apogee.

YTWb6p5.png

shhtAL0.png

Firing the P064 SRM.

CVFUuKM.png

fQdkOkj.png

Releasing the satellite.

hc5YOcf.png

*beep*

Aww, it's so cute! Especially that tail fairing!

Any chance for a full-black, DynaSoar-style paintjob?

Also, would be nice to have a black-and-white paintjob for that adapter (what size is it BTW? 1.875?) to go with black-and-white Hermes. Something in style of early US rockets, maybe? Full black on top, then black stripes in the middle, then full white on the bottom. Would feel like you plug th black part into the white part.

3 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Aww, it's so cute! Especially that tail fairing!

Any chance for a full-black, DynaSoar-style paintjob?

Also, would be nice to have a black-and-white paintjob for that adapter (what size is it BTW? 1.875?) to go with black-and-white Hermes. Something in style of early US rockets, maybe? Full black on top, then black stripes in the middle, then full white on the bottom. Would feel like you plug th black part into the white part.

No, Full Black is not planned, adapter could have a variant, i need to see what i could see with the uv i have.

Adapter is 1.875

Edited by Well

screen_5120x2880_2020-12-25_17-09-23.pngscreen_5120x2880_2020-12-25_17-07-47.png

This is pretty much the early Ariane 5 supposed to be used, but off course any other launcher could be used, depend what you want

screen_5120x2880_2020-12-25_20-12-12.png

screen_5120x2880_2020-12-25_20-15-42.png

still have to do the crew module and IVA, probably some payload stuff will see. still a lot of work, IVA is time consuming

4 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

Amazing!

is the ring and adapter stuff around the docking port a variant or a seperate part?

The docking port is separate (already in knes), the docking module is one part, separate from the shuttle

13 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Ah... they don't have a version in French... I get it.  :)

? I'm french, but I play in english, and publish all my mods in english, that nothing to do with the fact CKAN have a french version or not.

I just don't like CKAN for personnal reason. I've asked to be on "out" list of CKAN.

So... don't expect to find my mods on CKAN. All my mod are linked on my signature, you could find them directly on spacedock and github, or follow the particular mod you want on this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next update are probably going to include this new variant texture for Ariane, to make the L3S French concept of it, before that become an esa project.

The_original_L3S_design.jpgscreenshot5.png

Edited by Well

Knes 1.9.0 "Back In Time" is online

MmpBxqv.jpg

Knes 1.9.0 [2021-01-02]
-------------------------------

- New Callisto Shuttle (French Hermes)
	- New L3S Variant for many parts
	- Fix Cost = 0 on some Vesta/Veronique parts
	- New inventory settings for KSP 1.11

wvIVFBf.png

I've set some Part to be put in inventory for KSP 1.11, some craft files was also added.

The French Hermes Shuttle could be found in game with the name Callisto

I have no idea how this could be loaded in old KSP version, but i think that would be fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Old Variant of Hermès, the Original French Concept of this manned vehicle, was something i always really wanted to do, i've put the most love i could on those new parts, that was a lot of work, i hope some player are going to enjoy to play with this new Winged vehicle! In the way it was planned before that become an european project, to fit with it i've added a new texture variant for some Ariane Parts, to match the L3S concept ( French Ariane if esa have refused to fund the program) So it's a Back In Time moment.