[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

@RaiderMan I'm seriously don't understand what you trying to do.... if you try to attach the Robotic arm to an other part in the VAB and not in the "game" that impossible ! The Klaw system just work in game !

Sorry if i miss understood. (i don't understand enought english)

If you want a cupola with a robotic arm, just use the part on the part list... tag "Hermes" "Knes" or "Hera"

The arm and disarm Cycle takes way too long because it's tied to the animation of the model, I don't suppose you've had the thought to make the arming and disarming a simple toggle option on the right click menu? Obviously you'd still have to deploy the arm before you can arm it and disarm it..

24 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

The arm and disarm Cycle takes way too long because it's tied to the animation of the model, I don't suppose you've had the thought to make the arming and disarming a simple toggle option on the right click menu? Obviously you'd still have to deploy the arm before you can arm it and disarm it..

Due to the unique way in which 'nodes' work with KSP making the ARM/DISARM a simple toggle would break the part. You see the actual 'grabbing' node is fixed, it doesn't not move and is always at the same location with respect to the part. It doesn't matter where the arm is in it's animation the actually point of 'docking' is always the same, so if you had the part ARM/DISARM without the correct animation you'll end up with parts appearing to dock when not actually connected to anything.

Also the PartModule which drives the 'grabber' requires an animation, if one is not present on the part it will not work (its needed it to toggle the node which does the grabbing) and the actually grabbing node only becomes active one physics update AFTER the completion of the animation. So to that end its always worth deploying the manipulator well in advance of its target.

and if I run into another 'will not latch despite doing everything right' situation?

also I did run into another situation with one of the packaged ready to use models.

the hermes on the ariane 5 es launcher, when I begin my initial pitchover to 45 degrees at 10,000km, the stack has a tendency to just want to keep going clean over and pinwheel uncontrollably, and thats with a feather light tap of the control.

I'm going to test the g variant next..could just be the launch stack variant.

Edited by RaiderMan

10 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

when I begin my initial pitchover to 45 degrees at 10,000km, the stack has a tendency to just want to keep going clean over and pinwheel uncontrollably, and thats with a feather light tap of the control.

Please don't do that seriously, you have a plane on top of your launcher ! With lift drag, you can't fly like that. need to be smooth and careful.

The Arm work like the Klaw of the game, practice with the Klaw, i can't really help you more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MelancholyFlapper said:

Is there a realism overhaul patch for this? I'd love to make room for Hermes in my program plan. Maybe on top of a Saturn I derivative... If there isn't, I might get to work on one. I did a personal one with Cormorant Aeronology and it works pretty well.

I don't have made any patch for realism Overhaul, that not a mod i use.

If you feel motivate to make a patch, i could include the patch in a next release. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for 1.4.1 update... but i have some bug i need to fix... 1.4.1 broke many things

RCS FX and i have a big problem with my parts.... teleport to 1km height when you launch a craft.

screenshot2.png?width=920&height=518

screenshot4.png?width=920&height=518

I've already fixed the RCS FX but the teleport problem is really hard.

Finally found a solution for my Hermes Space Shuttle, A new collider is needed for KSP 1.4.2

This new version don't allow the same surface attach on the shuttle, let me know if you see some other bug with this version 0.3 on KSP 1.4.2

Knes 0.3 is online on spacedock, soon on curse.

Changelog:

Knes 0.3 [2018-04-02]
-------------------------------

- Update for KSP v1.4.2
    - New mesh collider for Hermes Space Shuttle (needed for 1.4.2)
    - Add Title on Agencies Config
    - Check and test of all included Craft files for 1.4.2 
    - Fix for new RCS Fx

Edited by Well

On 4/2/2018 at 5:24 PM, drymud64 said:

Hey @Well, I've prepared to add this mod to CKAN

Just to check it's alright with you if I do?

I don't use CKAN. I don't know how it works, and i don't care about it.

I don't have the time for supporting that.

But, If that respect my licence, i can't stop it (But i don't want my mod on CKAN if that possible)

Edited by Well

I don't have a lot of time, so i try to see what i could make for future uptate.

Some fix, and for now a small elevon for K-IXV "Patin"

screenshot1.png

An Iva for the Hermes Ressource module could be planned

Edited by Well

8 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

All you need now is an Ariane VI  rocket. to complete your mod...

I don't have planned to make all esa rocket. I make the parts i want in the game, I'm not really motivate by Ariane 6

And for now we don't now really the final design of this rocket. Ariane 6 / Vega / Ariane 4 / Diamant, i have many rocket i could make. But that not what i want for now. I don't have the time for that.