[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

8 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

@Well I like the Phoenix allot. Since its one piece It fly very well. Have you considered adding a cargo bay? I think that small one, just few cubic meter near the center of mass would make it perfect.

All my lifting bodies need some work, i want to rework on it but i don't have the time for now. By design, Phoenix is not supposed to have a cargobay, but maybe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knes 0.7 is online on SpaceDock - Diomede Update

Knes 0.7 [2019-02-05]
-----------------------------------

- New Parts for "Diomede" Rocket, all variant
    - New Fx for Viska and Diomede by JadeOfMaar

GVgula2.png

Edited by Well

4 minutes ago, Andi170 said:

Hello

If I want to load the HERMES space glider, the following error message appears.

The following parts are missing:
.Knes.Box.Sensor.Photopolarimeter
.Knes.Box.Sensor.IRSpectrometer

Career/Science mode? Then you must research the two parts first.

Otherwise make sure that your installation of KNES is correct.

10 minutes ago, Andi170 said:

Hello

If I want to load the HERMES space glider, the following error message appears.

The following parts are missing:
.Knes.Box.Sensor.Photopolarimeter
.Knes.Box.Sensor.IRSpectrometer

some version ago, i've changed the name of these file for the Science part, that maybe why your craft don't load, the craft include 2 science part in the science bay.

I've modified the last craft included to correct that name, please use the last craft included or rebuilt the launcher. For last update i think these craft files are going to be not included anymore with the mod ( i can't make an update just to correct a craft files every time) certainly moved to KerbalX with a link.

10 minutes ago, Andi170 said:

I didn't have a pre-version of Knes. I downloaded and installed version 0.7 of Knes.

Thanks, so my craft files is certainly broken, sorry about that, i see if i upload a craft files on Kerbal X or Update the mod....

27 minutes ago, Andi170 said:

Ariane 5 Hermes Craft is working. Only Hermes Craft alone does not work.

Oh ! lol, i've forgot this one, i update it for future update. That a good news because this craft is really not useful, that just the same craft without Ariane 5 launcher.

Load Ariane 5 Hermes in the VAB, remove the launcher and switch to the SPH, and you have the craft.

Funnily enough, I've been using next to exclusively Ariane V parts for my mid game rockets (3.75m ish payloads) and in Ariane 64 fashion, yeah, four boosters because I want to have a fully recoverable first stage Space X style with enough TWR to lift all this quickly (most my craft have 1.5 ish TWR with only two boosters, they could go to orbit no problem, but I woundn't be able to recover the First stage at KSC without spending monstrous delta V by turning back, Ariane V flight profile is high and Vulcain engine works for a very long time, it is preferable to come back to KSC on the next pass over KSC. With four (moar !!! ) boosters I save my first stage delta V for big deorbit burn to come to the KSC. I still added parachutes just in case of a piloting error or not enough delta V. Added Reusability Expansion mod for high landing legs. Looks awesome !

Second stage circularize payloads for next to nothing and transfer the said payload to its destination, usually Mun, Minmus or Duna/Eve. I even had once a probe train taken to Jool with the bigger tank.

In 1.4.5 when the Aestus engine was not nerfed yet. I don't know how much it could do in 1.6.1 since I haven't touched it yet.

For many of my payloads, Ariane V has become my bread and butter.

38 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Funnily enough, I've been using next to exclusively Ariane V parts for my mid game rockets (3.75m ish payloads) and in Ariane 64 fashion, yeah, four boosters because I want to have a fully recoverable first stage Space X style with enough TWR to lift all this quickly (most my craft have 1.5 ish TWR with only two boosters, they could go to orbit no problem, but I woundn't be able to recover the First stage at KSC without spending monstrous delta V by turning back, Ariane V flight profile is high and Vulcain engine works for a very long time, it is preferable to come back to KSC on the next pass over KSC. With four (moar !!! ) boosters I save my first stage delta V for big deorbit burn to come to the KSC. I still added parachutes just in case of a piloting error or not enough delta V. Added Reusability Expansion mod for high landing legs. Looks awesome !

Second stage circularize payloads for next to nothing and transfer the said payload to its destination, usually Mun, Minmus or Duna/Eve. I even had once a probe train taken to Jool with the bigger tank.

In 1.4.5 when the Aestus engine was not nerfed yet. I don't know how much it could do in 1.6.1 since I haven't touched it yet.

For many of my payloads, Ariane V has become my bread and butter.

Thanks, the Aestus engine still have a really good ISP, just the thrust have be nerfed, so that still a really great Kick stage. Manoeuver node just need a little more burn time.