[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

55 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Very nice! Will it eventually have a service module?

And will all the parts needed for it be in a single folder together?

Yes he have a specific folder, i've planned a service module and a docking junior

20 minutes ago, Well said:

D2b4m41W0AElRwi.jpg

screenshot6.png

This Service Module for the Viking capsule could be probably a great KickStage for Sat

Texture WIP

Engine MonoProp or LFO ?

Think hydrazine (monoprop) will be realistic and good for the size of the pod

1 hour ago, Well said:

This Service Module for the Viking capsule could be probably a great KickStage for Sat

Texture WIP

Engine MonoProp or LFO ?

First, wow, this is really awesome, the pod is lovely and the service module is perfect :) And yes I agree for the Monoprop' as @Kaleu said, with the size of engines it's more realistic !

2 hours ago, Well said:

Texture WIP

Engine MonoProp or LFO ?

Really love the bare bones design of the service module! I think MP makes more sense given the simplicity of the engines. No complex turbopumps necessary. Are you going to match the capacity of those tanks to the other MP tanks in the game? doesn't look like much volume for fuel ... 

13 hours ago, Tyko said:

Really love the bare bones design of the service module! I think MP makes more sense given the simplicity of the engines. No complex turbopumps necessary. Are you going to match the capacity of those tanks to the other MP tanks in the game? doesn't look like much volume for fuel ... 

I've choose MonoProp, at 0.9375 with these little sphere tank.... i've only ~53 m/s with 20 monoprop (already too much monoprop for the scale i think)

In fact i suppose that could be realistic, in basic config with a pod on top, this service module is only for retro burn. If i make a little 0.9375 MonoProp Fuel Tank, this DeltaV could grow depend on the mission and what the player want.

I need to find some balance about this, if i set in more realistic fuel capacity at this scale, he probably only have 10 or 15 MonoProp Unit, i can't think to the DeltaV with only this fuel capacity (for engine and RCS)....

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Maybe have just enough to lower your periapsis from 100km to 40km?

i've got some wrong numbers from KSP. I have now something like 200m/s.

But that logic with the size of the capsule vs service module.

But i've also made 2 MonoProp fueltank at 0.9375 scale, a small and an other a little bigger. So now DeltaV could be adapted depend on the mission.... :)

Mission with the smallest fueltank extension :

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

4 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Very Cool! I look forward to a docking port! :) 

I look for design, but yeah that planned

2 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Seeing those capsules docking together makes me think how about good Knes has come. Truely for me it's one of the greatest "recent" mod available on the forum. I love your work so much, thanks for it <3

Many thanks!  you can't imagine how much i appreciate that

Just now, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Well The new capsule looks superb, as always. Once this is released, what rocket parts do you plan on recreating next?

I still need a cryogenic stage for Diogene and Vulcain (0.9375 and maybe 1.25 scale)

But the next "rocket parts" is probably L3S/Ariane   (A lot of work in perspective)

6 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

First orbital launch for french kerbonaute ! With Carmen rocket. Viking is adopted !

Nice, i probably need an escape tower... Bdb and Tantares escape Tower work fine, but maybe i need one

(Return from your test are welcome if you have the latest github repo)

Edited by Well