[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

56 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Why depreciating the safe systems (escape towers?) I was beginning to use them in my JNSQ game since it becomes useful to have an ascape tower to avoid multiple "revert flights" that can overload the memory and make the game crash on such a huge mod... I know most people don't use them on stock scale, but still.

RIP the IXV and co, it was a cute vehicle.

For the 1.7.2 version of KSP, I'll wait for your 1.2 update just to know what will remain.

Also, will your parts work the new stock inventory system? The IXV and other could have had some cargo space for those DLC Breaking Ground experiments...

Safe system go with my lifting bodies, that why i've depreciate them, for know they still here, just hidden on the techtree and category, i just try to make my mod clean and coherent. I've expected some bad reaction about that. I suppose i've decided that without ask player. Problem like usual is i don't have many return and feedback with my mod, that really difficult to know. At least, make those part DEPRECATED made some person react....

For now that why i've decided, like i've said before, old Knes version are on spacedock, take the part you like and save them somewere. sorry

41 minutes ago, Well said:

Safe system go with my lifting bodies, that why i've depreciate them, for know they still here, just hidden on the techtree and category, i just try to make my mod clean and coherent. I've expected some bad reaction about that. I suppose i've decided that without ask player. Problem like usual is i don't have many return and feedback with my mod, that really difficult to know. At least, make those part DEPRECATED made some person react....

For now that why i've decided, like i've said before, old Knes version are on spacedock, take the part you like and save them somewere. sorry

Well, it is your mod. If you ever decide to come back to the IXV or whatever it is called by ESA these days, it'll be an instant download for me! :D

The escape tower also can be used for Viking you know or any 1.25m capsule for that matter. So I don't think that taking them away is that much of a good idea, the stock game doesn't include a great variety of escape systems apart from the bigger one that is obviously too powerful for small payloads...

2 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

The escape tower also can be used for Viking you know or any 1.25m capsule for that matter. So I don't think that taking them away is that much of a good idea, the stock game doesn't include a great variety of escape systems apart from the bigger one that is obviously too powerful for small payloads...

you know my "safesystem" part is just a booster with reaction wheel. Anyway, please answer the poll, so i could decide after that

13 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

That looks cozy!

BTW, have you ever thought about recreating the Minotaur capsule from Eyes Turned Skyward?

fetch.php?w=750&tok=5e5e55&media=timelin

Source: https://www.alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=timelines:eyes_turned_skyward_media

95XFEgH.png?1

My Minotaur: Upscaled Viking, SM with Procedural Parts, Engines from Contares and Solar Panels from ProbesPlus.

Edited by Cheesecake

Looking good there. Probably need to edit the configs to allow for more passengers (wait, did Minotaur carry crew anyway or was it some sort of European Dragon capsule???), but other than that, it is close enough! You could probably replace the Antenna with a dual dish antenna from BDB to make it just a bit closer!

4 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Looking good there. Probably need to edit the configs to allow for more passengers (wait, did Minotaur carry crew anyway or was it some sort of European Dragon capsule???), but other than that, it is close enough! You could probably replace the Antenna with a dual dish antenna from BDB to make it just a bit closer!

if i remember ETS alternate history just talk about a cargo minotaur capsule.

That why i've actually named the small cargo variant "Minotaur" a little useless if you don't have KIS

screen_2560x1440_2019-04-08_17-30-52.png

That a really nice variant @Cheesecake! Beautiful

Edited by Well

I'd love a proper Minotaur, but @Well doesn't have to be the one to give it to us :)

5 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

It was one of those "we'll design an automated resupply vehicle that can provide downmass capability, which also conveniently lets us back door in the basis of a future crew vehicle if we can ever get the funding" type things. So yeah, think Dragon, the way TKS actually got used in real life, the ATV/CRV stuff, etc.

8 hours ago, Well said:

I think the IVA is finished, i could add some little detail later. I probably need to make some props

screenshot10.jpg

screenshot12.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot21.jpg

screenshot13.jpg

It looks really great, thanks, man.

Are you have any plans to add some like a oxygen system or snack boxes? :rolleyes:

P.S. About lifting bodies parts - i vote for keeping, but in new mod (or Knes add-on). Also may be you add the kerbalized Space Rider ? or Adeline ? ;)

Edited by Aerospacer
add P.S.

4 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

It looks really great, thanks, man.

Are you have any plans to add some like a oxygen system or snack boxes? :rolleyes:

P.S. About lifting bodies parts - i vote for keeping, but in new mod (or Knes add-on). Also may be you add the kerbalized Space Rider ? or Adeline ? ;)

thanks, that i wanted to said by  "I probably need to make some props"

but I could also eventually make them directly in the IVA model, i think i want some detail.

But i don't hame so many empty place, so maybe just paint wire and stuff on the texture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i still wait a little, but look like the poll said i'm probably going to keep Lifting bodies parts in the mod,

No adeline, no spacerider

Sans_titre.png

LiftingBodies Lover win, CEV, IXV and Safe system part are going to be restored in Knes 1.2

(I still don't know what to do with them, they need a lot of work, i don't like them actually, so i'm going to work on those when i found the motivation for that)

1 hour ago, Well said:

LiftingBodies Lover win, CEV, IXV and Safe system part are going to be restored in Knes 1.2

(I still don't know what to do with them, they need a lot of work, i don't like them actually, so i'm going to work on those when i found the motivation for that)

Assuming they're not actively broken, they can probably be more or less ignored unless a bug is found. :)

On 6/19/2019 at 9:16 AM, Well said:

This cute little pod is so small, a Mk1 cabin is already a giant spacestation :

What is the part at the right/"front" of the station? I don't recognize it. 

5 hours ago, komodo said:

What is the part at the right/"front" of the station? I don't recognize it. 

From right to left : ( i don't have the exact name in mind sorry )

Viking service module / Monoprop Fuel Tank / 0.9375 to 1.25 adapter

Edited by Well

On 6/19/2019 at 3:16 PM, Well said:

D9bhxKIXoAIcMFP.jpg

This cute little pod is so small, a Mk1 cabin is already a giant spacestation :

D9biB3HXkAA4X7X.jpg

3ZPFFuh.gif

On 6/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, Well said:

Work In Progress,

Space Station module 1.25 scale for the Viking spacecraft :

D96s5ccXYAExPkQ.jpg

D96s-ZSX4AEmpuz.jpg

D96s-ZdXoAACo5X.jpg

D96s-Z8XUAAzxs6.jpg

hd7rC6V.gif

3 hours ago, Well said:

We always need more "baguettes"

565.jpg

D9_tiR_WsAEZjEW.jpg

These new adapter could have monoprop - Adapter 1.25 to 0.9375 and 0.625

D9_tiSBXsAE2pob.jpg

D9_tiSLWsAA4hO7.jpg

D9_tiSJXsAAf9DQ.jpg

b6fyd3w.gif

when will this be on Github? I friggin love it!