[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

11 minutes ago, subyng said:

I'm absolutely loving this mod! I'm having an issue with the Penelope engine though. It seems to overheat way too easily! I'm using it as a first stage engine and even under 1000m/s at around 20km altitude (no visual heating effects) it still overheats and explodes!

Is this a bug or is the engine not meant to be used in atmosphere?

Penelope (cora) is the engine for the coralie stage of Europa Rocket, that a vacuum engine for upper stage, it is not supposed to be used on first stage, but i don't like limitation, so i could up the max temp. It is set at 2000 actually because that an old tech engine. Do you use stock scale for kerbin and atmo ? or 2.5 ?

2 minutes ago, subyng said:

I'm using FAR and stock system.

I don't know if FAR could be the problem here, but anyway, i've opened an issue about your problem, to remind me to try to fix that.

A bigger max temp could probably fix your problem on this egine

10 hours ago, Zorg said:

This is an Ariane 4 appreciation post :) 

zvGbAiMh.png

So good like usual, many thanks @Zorg

Also thanks to have noticed my bad ISP Config for Ariane Upper stage, Fix in the next update

Viking capsule is really limited for a big space station crew rotation.

It's maybe the time to add a bigger vehicle, i've envisaged some capsule design but i'm not happy with them.

By the fact we decide to keep IXV lifting bodies in the mod, it's maybe the time to make a revamp of this little guy.

I've made some unity test to see what that look like with a full station and i think i like it :

screentest.png

screenshot37.png

It`s not a french capsule but it would really cool to have a MRK. I know you used some parts of the commonwealth rockets mod of Beale and Co. There is a MRK but it`s unfinished. It would be cool to pick this up if possible.

Or make a manned Minotaur. :P

Edited by Cheesecake

5 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

It`s not a french capsule but it would really cool to have a MRK. I know you used some parts of the commonwealth rockets mod of Beale and Co. There is a MRK but it`s unfinished. It would be cool to pick this up if possible.

Or make a manned Minotaur. :P

from what i remember MRK is finished, just not really released...   You could probably ask @steedcrugeon about that

that a beautiful capsule, work fine with Ariane.

Esa have many manned concept, that not the problem, i've wanted something more french.... Solaris, but i'm stuck in the design, see that later, i need to remake IXV anyway so that the perfect time for it

3 hours ago, MaguKerman said:

Maybe making the ATV and his crewed version could be a nice idea in order to have a big spacecraft to service space stations.

ATV was an ESA project, not an french only.

@WellPerhaps a early version of Hermes (CNES studie, 1984/1985) is a choice for supporting bigger stations. It would fit to the early Ariane-5-concept.

http://www.astronautix.com/h/hermes.html

Edited by Cheesecake

I'm ok to include European concept, i mean Ariane and IXV are already from esa.

Even if Ariane 1 L3S could be French.

I don't want to work on ATV or a variant for now

@Cheesecake i've already talked a lot about that, French Hermes is actually on the roadmap, but that a lot of work, like other project i wait to have the motivation for that. you could find some picture on my thread like this one :

C8HPtqPW4AAx9vn.jpg

I don't know why you all want to make me working on something different, but like i've said the poll decide to keep Lifting bodies in Knes mod, so i need to take time to remake them, i don't want to keep them like they are actually. I'm a little motivate to work on it, so let's go.

I hoppe this IXV are not going to take a lot of time.

I'm probably going to make also a revamp of the CEV one day.

And because i love alternate history, the new IXV are going to be more useful with embbed rcs and other stuff, and launched probably by an Ariane :P

screenshot32.png

Love how you took the stock Mk1 hab/aircraft cabin module and turned it into an actual space station module with KNES aesthetics. Just one bit of criticism (I wouldn't be French otherwise), the inside squarish hatches don't match the outside round hatches unless you consider, lorewise that these are two different pannels, for airtight reasons...

Does that version works with KSP 1.7?

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

4 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Love how you took the stock Mk1 hab/aircraft cabin module and turned it into an actual space station module with KNES aesthetics. Just one bit of criticism (I wouldn't be French otherwise), the inside squarish hatches don't match the outside round hatches unless you consider, lorewise that these are two different pannels, for airtight reasons...

I know, that a compromise, i've wanted something a little different for the exterior, but i've wanted too keep the same basic IVA. So yeah that don't fit perfectly for the windows

4 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Does that version works with KSP 1.7?

yes

It is possible to implement a parachute who act like a paraglider for the IXV?

I remember seen a simulation of IXV landing with a paraglider type parachute (parafoil).

The kerbal personnal parachute already act this way. Wonder if it possible to apply this on a vanilla parachute. I'm not familiar with KSP codding.

Here old picture i get from esa website last year showing different design of IXV can give you idea for the rewamp:

WVWo40T.png

Edited by josselin2196

32 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

It is possible to implement a parachute who act like a paraglider for the IXV?

I remember seen a simulation of IXV landing with a paraglider type parachute (parafoil).

The kerbal personnal parachute already act this way. Wonder if it possible to apply this on a vanilla parachute. I'm not familiar with KSP codding.

Here old picture i get from esa website last year showing different design of IXV can give you idea for the rewamp:

WVWo40T.png

Sadly Parafoil is impossible with stock, that make me really sad. An other modder have take a look about the EVA chute parafoil used by kerbal, but after many test, we can't use it for a spacecraft...

I really want a parafoil, but for now i don't see the solution, i just still work on the model, we could see the best solution for this chute system after that.

I've already envisaged to add the little winglet from the left picture, the winged/X-37b inspired don't interest me.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:33 AM, Well said:

Viking capsule is really limited for a big space station crew rotation.

It's maybe the time to add a bigger vehicle, i've envisaged some capsule design but i'm not happy with them.

By the fact we decide to keep IXV lifting bodies in the mod, it's maybe the time to make a revamp of this little guy.

I've made some unity test to see what that look like with a full station and i think i like it :

screentest.png

screenshot37.png

I cant wait to play with these new station parts...and that lifting body capsule...well done!