[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 11:48 AM, MrWalrus123 said:

I always liked mods that both have a stock art style and their own. I have a suggestion for a cargo variant of the CEV, where it has a cargo bay and can hold 1-2 kerbals. Good work on the mod!

Yes please! A cargo variant with a cargo bay and a cabin dock port will be awesome. I'm having a good time modding it as my main shuttle

EchZ5Fh.png

@Well, thank you for cool new parts and your very well modding stuff.

Btw, some config files need to correction, look:

Spoiler

hJWIlki.png

May be better to add similar texture for shorted tanks version.

RrURF7D.png

Good replace of stock fairing, especially me like new tiny basis.

waJnCN0.png

"Patin" is my most liked parts, but sadly it have too much good parameter's kit (especially mass and resource capacity).

I wrote new config for it, and almost done. After I want to give it to You for consideration.

Some new parameters:

aeVoSym.png

May be better to remove ablator totally?

And, me really liked a piloting and do plane landing this tiny shuttle on runway :cool:

e0ginzp.png

mSthcXL.png

XFPQmzx.png

Edited by Aerospacer
some change text in spoiler

6 minutes ago, Aerospacer said:

@Well, thank you for cool new parts and your very well modding stuff.

Btw, some config files need to correction, look:

Thank for the review, i keep your notes. I need to look and check that, but maybe for future update

Both reentry tests passed successfully.

http://imgur.com/a/TWGVe

Was used empty command pod without monoprop and ablator. Electricity consumption for reactwheels was some increased, but stiil ~50 for full reentry.

New config file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e914jc73gendrit/Knes_Command_K-IXV (tweaked).cfg?dl=0

IMHO, even with this characteristic IXV pod remains some better than stock level. Anyway, You decide.

Luck in flight. :)

Edited by Aerospacer
change link due to disabling of embedding albums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 4:29 AM, Drakenex said:

Yes please! A cargo variant with a cargo bay and a cabin dock port will be awesome. I'm having a good time modding it as my main shuttle

EchZ5Fh.png

ill thrid this idea request :P i love this mod as you can see by about 13 minutes along this video!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so i have 2 suggestions, one is a repeat of someone elses idea, the first is a copy with an openable 'deployment bay' for small satalite launches, the next is a version of these craft (the 2 main lifting bodys) with the kas storage replaced, byt @Angel-125, switchable storage templates, for hauling cargo up to orbit.... Just an idea, love the mod!

• 5 weeks later...

Kraken Science is up to date, I am now going to work on " Knes " 0.2.

I have no precise plan, except a project of new space shuttle yet. The European shuttle Hermes, I have the possibility of having a model 3d as a starting point. I think of realizing if everything goes well a version with cargobay and crewed version.

I look for

Hermes and certainly MTFF

columbus-hermes.jpg

and after that maybe  Solaris project ?

1981%20solaris%2002.jpg

9 minutes ago, Well said:

I have no precise plan, except a project of new space shuttle yet. The European shuttle Hermes, I have the possibility of having a model 3d as a starting point. I think of realizing if everything goes well a version with cargobay and crewed version.

I look for

Sounds awesome! I don't believe there has been a good stockalike treatment of a lot of the ESA stuff, especially Hermes but there's so much cool stuff in general. Their probes and satellites especially can be mined for new parts. They tend to have kind of a unique look to them, and people can always use more unique probe parts. 

Also, I installed Kraken Science the other day and have been greatly enjoying it! :) 

34 minutes ago, Well said:

I look for

and after that maybe  Solaris project ?

So happy to hear that, all my beast wishes !