[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

7 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Will there be a Spacerider varient? with a cargo bay and solar panel?

No, i've made some test, a lot of work for nothing, that stupidly too small and without interest, also IXV is a revamp just for make it nicer, i don't want to add more part

49 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Well Loving the new IXV-based lifting body, would it be possible to make a hollow 1.25m adapter that would allow the use of the Viking SM at the same time as making the rocket look much smoother?

I see what you mean, i could try. i'm not sure because elevon are on the way.

That could be a revamp of the Safe system.

1 hour ago, Well said:

I see what you mean, i could try. i'm not sure because elevon are on the way.

Perhaps you could model a rectangular slit to allow room for the elevon, and simply have the elevon disabled until reentry.

1 hour ago, Well said:

That could be a revamp of the Safe system.

Totally, I hadn't thought of that! If you do decide to make the part with a 0.9375m hollow center to allow room for the SM, there'd be enough space to add some powerful LES motors, given it would be a 1.25m adapter.

Looks like there was never any issue with the Penelope engines at all! I'm using a damage mod (don't remember the name) and what was happening was that when I staged my boosters, they collided with the engine, damaging it and causing it to overheat from the damage.

18 hours ago, subyng said:

Looks like there was never any issue with the Penelope engines at all! I'm using a damage mod (don't remember the name) and what was happening was that when I staged my boosters, they collided with the engine, damaging it and causing it to overheat from the damage.

Thanks for the update, anyway i have already up the max temp for those engine :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

need maybe some greebles, but IXV is pretty much finished :

D_M59AxX4AEZF_5?format=jpg&name=large

Trying out the Diamant. Bit of challenge in JNSQ 2.7x scale as it requires just a bit more Dv than a normal 2.5x game. But after a couple of launch failures Diamant B managed to get a small payload into orbit :). With the lighter variants of these launchers, a good ascent profile is essential and an apogee kick motor such as the BDB star 10 I'm using doesn't hurt either.

kPU8Qxjh.png

UgpNuyeh.png

dNMsnnlh.png

Not the nicest probe part combination but I was really trimming weight and it worked.

Diamant PB4 gets a chance as well

zR8UboSh.png

OWYVR6sh.png

ouU9mm7h.png

The extremely high TWR on the second stage makes for an interesting ascent profile :)

nFPe1dqh.png

Spoiler

Bonus launch failure. TWR is pretty low at launch and I forgot to enable SAS, lost control authority as I started the pitch maneuver ;.;

ZlQmvOkh.png

Edited by Zorg

8 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

have you tried the chutes from vanguard? 

I don't understand ? i don't need parachute for my Kerbals.

The problem we talk about is because Steerable paraglider are not aviable for KSP (only for Kerbals)

RetractableLiftingSurface Module is my best option for now, that produce a nice lift like a paraglider, but i don't like how the chute work ( simple animation you have to deploy, and chute don't move or cut )

On 7/12/2019 at 3:25 AM, Zorg said:

Trying out the Diamant. Bit of challenge in JNSQ 2.7x scale as it requires just a bit more Dv than a normal 2.5x game. But after a couple of launch failures Diamant B managed to get a small payload into orbit :). With the lighter variants of these launchers, a good ascent profile is essential and an apogee kick motor such as the BDB star 10 I'm using doesn't hurt either.

kPU8Qxjh.png

UgpNuyeh.png

dNMsnnlh.png

Not the nicest probe part combination but I was really trimming weight and it worked.

Diamant PB4 gets a chance as well

zR8UboSh.png

OWYVR6sh.png

ouU9mm7h.png

The extremely high TWR on the second stage makes for an interesting ascent profile :)

nFPe1dqh.png

Hide contents

Bonus launch failure. TWR is pretty low at launch and I forgot to enable SAS, lost control authority as I started the pitch maneuver ;.;

ZlQmvOkh.png

On rocket launch failure use Tac self-destruct mod and action set abort backspace key

12 hours ago, subyng said:

I'm running into an issue with the Knes fairings. They're awesome for creating interstages, but there is some weird behaviour when you attach decouplers to them. 

Here is an image album showing the behaviour: https://imgur.com/a/Jjquwjj

Thanks for this report, i could try to reproduce this bug this afternoon.

The only problem i've noticed for now with my fairing is the fact the visual black adapter is not showed if you reload a save.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:41 PM, Cheesecake said:

Yes, the towers are from MLP.

Are you running the dev version or the release version? 

On 7/23/2019 at 6:37 AM, Well said:

Thanks for this report, i could try to reproduce this bug this afternoon.

The only problem i've noticed for now with my fairing is the fact the visual black adapter is not showed if you reload a save.

I've noticed this with stock shrouds as well, so it may be a stock issue. A shroud from a stock separation disappeared after separating + saving + reloading.

Edited by subyng

22 minutes ago, subyng said:

Are you running the dev version or the release version? 

I've noticed this with stock shrouds as well, so it may be a stock issue. A shroud from a stock separation disappeared after separating + saving + reloading.

Dev version.

Planned revamp of the CEV :

screen_2560x1440_2019-07-24_17-02-40.png

screen_2560x1440_2019-07-24_17-48-03.png

Smaller than the actual CEV, but with 6 crew capacity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, subyng said:

Interesting

Edited by Well

13 hours ago, Well said:

Planned revamp of the CEV :

Smaller than the actual CEV, but with 6 crew capacity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool CEV! Reminds of alot of spaceplanes..... will it land with parachute or in spaceplane style?

40 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

Cool CEV! Reminds of alot of spaceplanes..... will it land with parachute or in spaceplane style?

Planned to be landed like a shuttle with skid maybe. But parafoil or parachute could be a nice safe option.

1 hour ago, MangoRises said:

:oOh well... I guess CEV is slowly turning into CRV/X-38 now... (which is much cooler!)... just need to add a little docking port to the top...

Crew_Return_Vehicle_X-38_large.jpg

to be clear, i don't make the X-38 CRV, that inspired by the design because esa have worked a lot on the design. (my idea/alternate history is after the cancel of the X-38 CRV, but the sucess of the IXV, esa make the variant, mix of ixv and x-38 design.

I think to add a node on top for those they really want a dock like that (with maybe a shroud or something like that) The vehicle is too small for a dock inside a bay or something like that.) X-38 CRV have planned to keep the dock outside the vehicle and land with the dock still attached,

CjELiKuXIAEL690.jpg

ESA have really hoped to make a fully functionnal vehicle for crew transport if the X-38 have worked fine

X-38_node_full_image_2.jpg

7b8feb54f0f8ef8c26e7a255ab1cc956--for-sa

Edited by Well