[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

1 hour ago, RocketFowl said:

Cool new mod to try.

Did StarWatcher intended to fly with no service stage like Hermes? It doesn't seen autonomous from the inside.

Universal Storage mod is particularly good for making service engine. here a example:

C7Xy9ksl.jpg

Edited by josselin2196

46 minutes ago, Bling90 said:

Your Knes part seem to have reflection. How do you do that? It look like texture unlimited but without the ugly Metal effect.

I made a .exe who patch automatically every part of a given mod or the entire gamedata folder.

Just now, Well said:

Force reflection for all parts is not a goo idea, don't look great for me when you do that, really weird so many people like that :/

It's depend of parameter, the stock TU look like a mirror, but with just a little bit of reflection it render pretty good especially on solar panel and heat-shield.

the starwatcher with service module picture i post above have texture unlimited ON.

I admit that the images taken as an example by Quentin still had a little too much reflection.

It's just a question of shinyness ballance.

1 hour ago, josselin2196 said:

It's depend of parameter, the stock TU look like a mirror, but with just a little bit of reflection it render pretty good especially on solar panel and heat-shield.

the starwatcher with service module picture i post above have texture unlimited ON.

I admit that the images taken as an example by Quentin still had a little too much reflection.

It's just a question of shinyness ballance.

maybe, but that really look weird because you need a specific map/texture for this reflection, apply to the full model like that is stupid. anyway, not the thread for that.

8 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

Is it normal for the ablator to be at 0 by default for starwatcher and star rider?

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Ablator
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 100
    }

yes that actually normal (not needed at stock scale), but i'm probably going to review that one day.

All ablator in stock game is completely useless for Kerbin orbit tbh

3 hours ago, Bling90 said:

Since you adopted the X-20 Moroz mod, are you interested to adopted this one:

It have many bug in 1.8/1.9 and the author stop apparently stop modding. It's fit good with the theme of your mods. 

That looks as though it'd be a huge undertaking, I highly doubt anyone would decide to adopt a mod of that scale at someone's mere request. It's also nothing like anything Well has made in the past.

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

That looks as though it'd be a huge undertaking, I highly doubt anyone would decide to adopt a mod of that scale at someone's mere request. It's also nothing like anything Well has made in the past.

Why not? The mod has only few part,  it have just texture and shader bug. plus It's ESA/Cnes/french style

Just now, Bling90 said:

Why not? The mod has only few part,  it have just texture and shader bug. plus It's ESA/Cnes/french style

There look to be more than a few parts with huge detailed IVAs, and they all appear to be manned lander concepts, which Well has no experience in making as far as I know. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask for someone to adopt the mod in its respective thread, as opposed to derailing this thread.

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

There look to be more than a few parts with huge detailed IVAs, and they all appear to be manned lander concepts, which Well has no experience in making as far as I know. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask for someone to adopt the mod in its respective thread, as opposed to derailing this thread.

No IVA, it accessible by a animated door. plus only moon village part are needed since lander part are yankee

Just now, Bling90 said:

No IVA, it accessible by a animated door. plus only moon village part are needed since lander part are yankee

That's even further from anything Well has experience in. Ask in the respective thread and perhaps someone wil a lot more time on their hands would be willing to update the mod.

45 minutes ago, Bling90 said:

Please stop asking

7 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

Just by curiosity, what is four favorite launcher for heavy Science Sat for a duna mission?

Perhaps the early Ariane 5 concept with 4 LFO boosters, and perhaps a BDB Centaur upper stage for extra oomph, though I'm just guessing.

7 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

And did someone know a lander mod or style that fit with Knes launcher?

Nertea's restock and NFex have pretty good probe parts and a range of lander leg sizes, they fit pretty well with Knes.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:19 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Perhaps the early Ariane 5 concept with 4 LFO boosters, and perhaps a BDB Centaur upper stage for extra oomph, though I'm just guessing.

Nertea's restock and NFex have pretty good probe parts and a range of lander leg sizes, they fit pretty well with Knes.

Thanks!!!

Just wondering...

When docking using the 'K06 Arcas Docking port jr', is the bumper supposed to be extended when docking. Just asking as I've noticed that when docking with it extended, the spacecraft just bounces back upon contact with the other docking port