[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

A little display of different version (among many) of Hermes Shuttle during development phase:

Spoiler

BoOatuDh.jpg

Concept:

bW9Uk5Um.jpg N0A3Kpym.jpg U0L956wm.jpg KxZIj9Cm.jpg 09s10SIm.jpg SL3R4qPm.jpg
First Cnes Concept Concept for contractor Aerospatiale Concept Dassault Concept Hermes 5M2 Last Concept

Launcher:

euBod4dh.jpg

Ariane 4:

First Cnes Concept

Ariane 54 (replace by Ariane 5):

Aerospatiale Concept

Dassault Concept

Ariane 5:

Hermes 5M2

Last Concept

Airbus 300 for shuttle transportation ( here with Aerospatiale concept):

8lkIOdmh.jpg

More Picture:

Y6yIZoUh.jpg

FvjWPA2h.jpg

rbMwQq2h.jpg

bmPXbuNh.jpg

jKe4n92h.jpg

Q6hTqEwh.jpg

yi1SL9Ph.jpg

Featuring: Knes, Ж-02 Spaceplane, A.P.U.S. Aerospace Passenger and Utility System, Contares MEU, Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit, tantares, Cormorant Aeronology

Main source: Spaceplane Hermes by Luc van den Abeelen

Bonus:

zjp29Axh.jpg

Edited by josselin2196

15 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

A little display of different version (among many) of Hermes Shuttle during development phase:

Reveal hidden contents

BoOatuDh.jpg

Concept:

bW9Uk5Um.jpg N0A3Kpym.jpg U0L956wm.jpg KxZIj9Cm.jpg 09s10SIm.jpg SL3R4qPm.jpg
First Cnes Concept Concept for contractor Aerospatiale Concept Dassault Concept Hermes 5M2 Last Concept

Launcher:

euBod4dh.jpg

Ariane 4:

First Cnes Concept

Ariane 54 (replace by Ariane 5):

Aerospatiale Concept

Dassault Concept

Ariane 5:

Hermes 5M2

Last Concept

Airbus 300 for shuttle transportation ( here with Aerospatiale concept):

8lkIOdmh.jpg

More Picture:

Y6yIZoUh.jpg

FvjWPA2h.jpg

rbMwQq2h.jpg

bmPXbuNh.jpg

jKe4n92h.jpg

Q6hTqEwh.jpg

yi1SL9Ph.jpg

Featuring: Knes, Ж-02 Spaceplane, A.P.U.S. Aerospace Passenger and Utility System, Contares MEU, Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit, tantares, Cormorant Aeronology

Main source: Spaceplane Hermes by Luc van den Abeelen

Bonus:

zjp29Axh.jpg

How are you able to place part like this, each time i move part with move tool, it always move too much?

On 5/15/2020 at 8:16 PM, RocketFowl said:

I try to remake heavy lifter in ESA style, i see some picture and video on this threads about heavy derivative Ariane launcher. What are the source you use to make it? If you have more picture, i take it.

Most of source has disappear since 2006. I make my craft using a old presentation by mars society (image page 24) . I have also this picture, source unknown only date: 1991

6CDhZS8l.png  

8 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Most of source has disappear since 2006. I make my craft using a old presentation by mars society (image page 24) . I have also this picture, source unknown only date: 1991  

ariane11.gif

5573-c584c89ef112d5ce9b15063be5d61e95.jp

img88310.jpg?width=305&height=481

1 hour ago, RocketFowl said:

A pity, this lauchers never come to light.

Cnes have always worked on many derivative/concept in case that was needed, they have many box full of concept, some of them are classifed.

But generally they are public, they just don't communicate too much about it because they are just industrial concept, not a program.

i've already posted some of them :

Spoiler

slide_23.jpg

slide_24.jpg

EADS have readjusted this project some year ago in 2009 for an ariane 5 evolution "Ariane 5" Super Heavy

Upper stage with 2 VINCI / 6 boosters configuration / 50 Ton LEO

Launchers page 11

http://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/exploration/ReferenceArchitecture/Final ReviewJan09/04_Human_moon_mission_version9esa120109.pdf

And also INTEGRATED EXPLORATION ARCHITECTURE

http://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/exploration/IntlExplorationArchitectures/IntegratedArchReview/Exploration_architecture_Study_Draft_v9web_version.pdf

This Ariane 541C is sexy, a sort of european Energia with solid booster.

Edited by Well

Ariane 541C use for WIP moon village program video:

ofNXzxQ.png

@RocketFowl If you want to make your own Ariane 5 derivative, i recommend Bluedog design bureau or tantares for multiple engine mount, it fit like a gloves.

20 minutes ago, Well said:

This one is a little too much with 6 booster 

xLIpmao.jpg

Cnes engineer go KSP style with booster number:D

58 minutes ago, Well said:

Please let me decide what part is deprecated or not, this sort of comment feel really "unpleasant" 

@Well Please don't deprecate any Ariane 5 parts unless the KSP update is as high quality or as faithful to the "source material" as Knes. I think your parts should not be deprecated and will be better than the stock version, just like the BDB Saturn V compared to the Making History parts.

We have quite a few mods that predate stock features, that once implemented in the stock game, have made the mod "obsolete".  But either through sheer stubbornness, or just a passion for their mod, the mod authors have continued to maintain their mod, usually making it better than the stock feature.    Let's not jump to any conclusions on what will be deprecated or not. 

Maybe a little bit out of topic, i'm trying to recreate a complete Moon Mission/colonisation video based on a ESA studies made in early 2010 and the moon village with Knes, tantares and capsuleCorp Moon village mod. I made three version on the Moon crew transport vehicle. What's version do you think is the more accurate (Design/Style) for a esa Mission? The launcher will be an Ariane 5, then dock to a Lunar Transfer stage put in orbit by a Ariane 541C.

adcga9Hl.pngkIq7kcD.jpg
Starwatcher MRK with ATV service module True planning Ship

13 hours ago, Biggles16 said:

Unfortunately that doesn't show any names.

The craft file who are included in the mod folder maybe?

On 5/19/2020 at 10:07 PM, josselin2196 said:
kIq7kcD.jpg
Starwatcher MRK with ATV service module True planning Ship

Middle one seem more real. Good luck for the lander. I didn't managed to find ESA Manned lander concept. And for doing one without dedicated mod.....

@Well One question, did the Ariane 541C have it's booster configuration like Ariane 6 or like Energia?

Edited by RocketFowl

27 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

Middle one seem more real. Good luck for the lander. I didn't managed to find ESA Manned lander concept. And for doing one without dedicated mod.....

Thanks for feedback.

I managed to found two lander concept, the first one is include with documentation I use for my moon mission concept. The second one, even if it's probably purely artist, is show with the airbus Moon cruiser.

28 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

And for doing one without dedicated mod.....

With vanilla + mod and imagination, most idea/concept/real craft can be recreated, i managed to recreate the lander. Some modification has to be done for increased deltaV but it mostly work:

z3i7svQ.png NWTCip0.jpg
LlVjZl4.png T2SEZPq.jpg

21 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Thanks for feedback.

I managed to found two lander concept, the first one is include with documentation I use for my moon mission concept. The second one, even if it's probably purely artist, is show with the airbus Moon cruiser.

With vanilla + mod and imagination, most idea/concept/real craft can be recreated, i managed to recreate the lander. Some modification has to be done for increased deltaV but it mostly work:

I forgot that Old kerbal player do not know the word impossible.

Someone know the difference between Ariane 541C and Ariane 542C?

i don't think i've never see a Ariane542C.

If people want more european/kerbal concept i have more but without name :

26613-4b23e8bb13582a31ac186928057d3537.j

And also this Ariane X wich is probably the most cursed / weird / cool concept :

32098-fe2763ac92cc57ec58b72c47ec65e990.j

EBEcqckXoAUSZzq.jpg

EBEgCZ8WsAAG5my.jpg

32038-46e13408053ea94c583c59fbac27bf9b.j

32039-e78e00b3b3e3282dec35e136fc44b91c.j

32040-881f931d63975061c37935a2e098eb44.j

Edited by Well