[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

EBEgCZ8WsAAG5my.jpg

Selection of ballistic entry for the first stage. The base of the stage is a heatshield, which acts as a brake during descent throught the atmosphere. The centre engine is fired just before touchdown to kill off all remaining speed, eliminating the need for parachutes

In an alternate timeline, where a young Egon Musk founded WeltraumX as a spin-off from MBB in 1982...

Edited by Corax
Image is worth repeating

19 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

I forgot that Old kerbal player do not know the word impossible.

Someone know the difference between Ariane 541C and Ariane 542C?

Ariane 541C is a Ariane 5 with 4 booster and a longer, two vinci engine equipped, 2nd stage (47 metric Tonne to Low Earth orbit)

Ariane 542C is the unofficial name of Ariane 5 with 6 booster and two vinci engine for the extended 2nd stage. ( 50 metric tonne to Low Earth orbit)

salut, les .craft des lanceur Ariane sont marqué incompatible alors que les autres le sont. un coup de main ? 

Au passage j'adore le mod, continue  :D

[Added translation]

hi, the Ariane launcher .craft are marked incompatible while the others are. a hand ?

By the way I love the mod, continue

Edited by noap1311
Added translation

4 hours ago, noap1311 said:

salut, les .craft des lanceur Ariane sont marqué incompatible alors que les autres le sont. un coup de main ? 

Au passage j'adore le mod, continue  :D

[Added translation]

hi, the Ariane launcher .craft are marked incompatible while the others are. a hand ?

By the way I love the mod, continue

Craft was made with 1.9.1 with you use an old KSP version, you could update craft files manually to set your KSP version

5 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

When i see the future "stock" vanilla Ariane 5, i'm glad we have your mod....

And they made a partnership with ESA, ESA must be happy with the lack of attention to which it is entitled; I'm afraid for Rosetta ...

On another note @Well, is it possible to "deactivate" the integrated engine of the MRK, for some reason it keep messing with my deltaV calculation. Even it's just a line of code i need to remove manually.

5 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

And they made a partnership with ESA, ESA must be happy with the lack of attention to which it is entitled; I'm afraid for Rosetta ...

On another note @Well, is it possible to "deactivate" the integrated engine of the MRK, for some reason it keep messing with my deltaV calculation. Even it's just a line of code i need to remove manually.

Video News?

10 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

not really, this engine on front is really a problem on the original design for a KSP craft, i've take some time to approach it, it's all about staging. i think from KSP allow you to see activation toggle ? do desactivate DV calculation. not sure tbh. you could also desactivate Monoprop fuel tank maybe ?

7 hours ago, Well said:

not really, this engine on front is really a problem on the original design for a KSP craft, i've take some time to approach it, it's all about staging. i think from KSP allow you to see activation toggle ? do desactivate DV calculation. not sure tbh. you could also desactivate Monoprop fuel tank maybe ?

I feel really stupid, i just have to put thrust limiter to zero... Rookie error:rolleyes:

Inspired by the new update, i've made a KIS item you could eat. my french / european astronaut have now some good chocolate snacks for the mission. Inspired by the render picture for 1.10

EYTP_k7XkAE0dLO?format=jpg

EZ1lMdyXsAA-cb9?format=png&name=900x900

EZ1lMdyX0AIXq66?format=jpg&name=large

It's on the Github master repo if people want to try. need KIS

Edited by Well

On 6/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, Well said:

EZ1lMdyXsAA-cb9?format=png&name=900x900

i've see with the KIS modder, it could be interested to include it, so we wait and see. Could be part of KIS instead of only Knes.

--------------------------------------------------------

btw...    be sure to check this mission report thread by Stevphfeniey, many good screenshot, using Knes and many other Mod :

2iDsL1Z.jpg

51 minutes ago, wallum61 said:

Is there any chance of there being a science lab variant of the ATV? 

For anyone not aware of the MTFF

is there any chance i could finish what i do before having more request ? <_<

Just now, Well said:

is there any chance i could finish what i do before having more request ? <_<

Oh of course!!! I apologise; didn't intend for that to come across in a nagging way - just curious as to whether any variations are being considered further down the road

16 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

Did this ATV will have Soyuz/tantares/shuttle/bluedog size docking port or stock size one?

i'm not going to include Soyuz dock to my knes mod. I've made the top adapter with many variant for many possibilies.

screenshot0.jpg

btw on this view, we could see Tantares EndCap made by @Beale  he allow me to use them, wich is awesome ! Saving time for me to make eventually more parts.