parts sinking into other parts?

so, when I loaded in to begin building a new rocket, every part I place on the side of the rocket's body,  for some odd reason, sinks a fair ways into the side of the ruddy thing. doesnt seem to matter if its an existing design or a fresh one. an example...my elevated decouplers are half way, in terns of how far along the strut, buried inside my first stage booster.

I should see the anchoring points on the side of the rocket. I do not in this case.

the lights I'm trying to reseat properly are particularly troublesome in this regard today.

the incorrect strut placement:

36236253561_355e14b53d_t.jpgstrut incorrect by XRaiderV1.7, on Flickr

the correct strut placement:

36236253331_b400a69de2_t.jpgstrut correct by XRaiderV1.7, on Flickr

is it just my imagination or is the game not quite placing parts correctly?

Looks a lot like you're attaching the radial decoupler to a non stock tank.
When you place the same radial decoupler to a stock tank of similar shape you'll notice it WILL attach properly.

Add those two observations together and you'll notice it is not the radial decoupler that's at fault but rather the non stock tank. This is clearly a mod related issue. The non stock tank is simply not properly designed.

Edit:
It made me think of this clip. The dog can walk just fine, the surface is to blame for him to get wet.

Edited by Tex_NL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.