"Jeb, we're putting the band back together"

- It's 106 km to orbit, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it. :cool:

Screenshot%202017-08-04%2021.32.05.png

So I was thinking orbit around Kerbin would be a great place for a gig, am I right? So I started building a stage...

Screenshot%202017-08-04%2023.15.51.png

Then to get it in space... The twin boars are pretty crazy, maybe they will do the trick... After initial testing I put more tanks on top of the construction to get the center of mass higher up, making it more stable. There is also some stacks of reaction wheels and RCS thrustes at the highest and lowest points of the craft. In the end it kept stable!
Screenshot%202017-08-04%2020.28.36.png

Don't worry, there are struts there to maintain structural integrity :P This craft has not passed wind tunnel testing tho 
Screenshot%202017-08-04%2020.08.22.png

This decoupling of the main stage tanks and engines was... unorthodox 
Screenshot%202017-08-04%2020.14.02.png

Waiting for the band to come on, and also to get in orbit.
Screenshot%202017-08-04%2020.11.30.png

Bill had to do some KIS/KAS tinkering to remove the middle support pole and other stuff. The craft on the right is for bringing the screw driver... The two swivels were enough as last stage to bring it to orbit.

Screenshot%202017-08-04%2021.42.47.png

The whole band got home safely, despite accidentally putting the heat shield and decoupler above the cabin... :confused:
Screenshot%202017-08-04%2021.46.11.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nice! 
If you set the stage up in a low grav environment and then use infernal robotics to make sections of the floor move up and down slightly, the effect is the Kerbals on the moving sections appear to jump and (kinda) clap. Only problem is I'm not sure how well IR is working in 1.3.x. 

8 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Amps are line-6, no coordination, weak sound systems, using telecasters to play Slayer. You gon need to improve.

Guess I'll just had to add more rock =S

4 hours ago, katateochi said:

Nice! 
If you set the stage up in a low grav environment and then use infernal robotics to make sections of the floor move up and down slightly, the effect is the Kerbals on the moving sections appear to jump and (kinda) clap. Only problem is I'm not sure how well IR is working in 1.3.x. 

Nice idea! It was hard trying to herd 3 kerbals into position while screenshoting in space =S

20 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Amps are line-6, no coordination, weak sound systems, using telecasters to play Slayer. You gon need to improve.

Telecasters to play Slayer ... LMAO!

Guitar player: "I don't know man, I've turned the bass on the amp to 11 but it still sounds like we're playing in a helium atmosphere."
Sound engineer: does facepalm. 

Edited by Azimech

43 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Telecasters to play Slayer ... LMAO!

Guitar player: "I don't know man, I've turned the bass on the amp to 11 but it still sounds like we're playing in a helium atmosphere."
Sound engineer: does facepalm. 

Imagine a bunch of chipmunks singing Payback...

1 hour ago, Castille7 said:

Let's also stick with the tube amps :D

Marshalls are the best amps ever. Too bad I have a Fender Mustang I, if I had a stack of Marshall amps all I would be doing is posing with them and a Flying V and striking huge, nefarious Edim chords that take up the whole fretboard.

Image result for marshall amp wall

^Kerry King being awesome. Plus the most evil headstock I have ever seen.

Edited by Matuchkin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.