uhhhhhhh I am confused

AlmostNASA

50 minutes ago, AlmostNASA said:

image.png what the heck does PHYSX CPU mean?

This is a program ( I can't remember which one but I think it's from Nvidia) that is telling you that the CPU is handling the physics. Alternatively, you could have it set so that your GPU handles the physics. A quick Google gave this:

"Video games supporting hardware acceleration by PhysXcan be accelerated by either a PhysX PPU or a CUDA-enabled GeForce GPU (if it has at least 32 cores and a minimum of 256 MB dedicated graphics memory), thus offloading physics calculations from the CPU, allowing it to perform other tasks instead."

Edited by Galileo

9 minutes ago, AlmostNASA said:

i do have an Nvidia GeForce but it does make sense

thanks

Nvidia PhysX is a game physics engine which KSP/Unity uses.  PhysX is CPU driven but has support for hardware acceleration to forward some of the processing off to the GPU, freeing up the CPU for other tasks.  However, neither Unity nor KSP support hardware acceleration.  Thus, whatever app is giving you that message is telling you that PhysX is running in CPU mode only.

Note: PhysX is a brand name and Physics is what it does.  That is important to understand because I still see people refer to other physics engines as PhysX, which is incorrect.  If it is not Nvidia, it's not PhysX.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.