Shuttle Challenge v5 - The STS thread [Stock and Mod Friendly] - MAJOR CHALLENGE ANNOUNCEMENT! - 30.3.2020

" 3. All atmospheric flight should be handled manually, with the exception of self scripted autopilot programs.  Mechjeb etc is fine for on orbit procedures. "
This rule leaves out if you can land on the mün with mechjeb right?

3 hours ago, Artienia said:

" 3. All atmospheric flight should be handled manually, with the exception of self scripted autopilot programs.  Mechjeb etc is fine for on orbit procedures. "
This rule leaves out if you can land on the mün with mechjeb right?

I'm always a fan of 'different rule interpretations' but I'm not sure if this rule really allows mechjeb for landing on the Mun (or any other celestial body) because I wouldn't consider landing as 'orbit procedure'....more like..well..a 'landing procedure' :D

Anyway, michal.don has to answer that question as soon as he returns from his holidays and before you can submit to Mun challenges, you have a few others to do ;)

Just now, 4x4cheesecake said:

I'm always a fan of 'different rule interpretations' but I'm not sure if this rule really allows mechjeb for landing on the Mun (or any other celestial body) because I wouldn't consider landing as 'orbit procedure'....more like..well..a 'landing procedure' :D

Anyway, michal.don has to answer that question as soon as he returns from his holidays and before you can submit to Mun challenges, you have a few others to do ;)

Geostationary thing is almost done (tweaking orbits) so around half an hour and it will be up :)

Artemis III Shuttle and Hades space telescope launch

Highlights:

6QpdzXN.jpgLZlCtWd.png

Si4Oc4K.pngyDkjPql.png

Photos from the HST:

QXucT3G.pngbmTxQT9.pngbg582lI.png

As you obviously noticed (if not clicking the album, but by just seeing the highlights) i did contain a modded part (one to be exact) in the HST. I had a convo with don a while ago and he said (regarding modded solar panels) one or two should be fine if it is for looks. So i am really hoping i didn't disqualify myself from the stock badge. The telescope is really just for looks, and beside that it can take pictures! i mean how cool is that.

The shuttle needed to be a little e l o n g a t e d but it all worked out in the end. I had also had fun with the MMUs

Miss me? Do you think i don't pump enough content out already? FEAR NOT! STS/Artemis IV should be easy, and i already have a pretty cool idea how to do it
Now, if you excuse me i am going to my corner and wait til cheesecake (best friend forever btw, we are like a brother to eachother x) likes my post

See ya at IV

EDIT: 19 minutes new record i think

Edited by Artienia

5 hours ago, Artienia said:

Now, if you excuse me i am going to my corner and wait til cheesecake (best friend forever btw, we are like a brother to eachother x) likes my post

:D:D Done :P

5 hours ago, Artienia said:

Miss me? Do you think i don't pump enough content out already? FEAR NOT! STS/Artemis IV should be easy, and i already have a pretty cool idea how to do it

There is nothing like 'not enough content' :D I did the same when I started these challenges but I stopped my self at some time because I was always afraid that there is something I've missed in the rules or mission description which will disqualify an entry, so I waited for michal.don to review it.

Which mod is it that allows you to actually use the telescope as a telescope? I like it^^

Btw.: Whats wrong with the visor of your Kerbals on EVA? Or did you censor them for privacy reasons? :D

Just now, 4x4cheesecake said:

:D:D Done :P

There is nothing like 'not enough content' :D I did the same when I started these challenges but I stopped my self at some time because I was always afraid that there is something I've missed in the rules or mission description which will disqualify an entry, so I waited for michal.don to review it.

Which mod is it that allows you to actually use the telescope as a telescope? I like it^^

Btw.: Whats wrong with the visor of your Kerbals on EVA? Or did you censor them for privacy reasons? :D

I have actually done the missions in a past, but i was denied because i had the orbital decay bug (NOT MOD)

Mod is Hullcam HDS and it adds A LOT MORE stuff than telescopes (cameras for rovers, boosters, anything really)

I tried Tarsier Space Technology  but that was not the best for me. Maybe you could try it and like it better though!

If i belive, it is an old texture loader or something. for the longest timee i played on 1.4.3 using 1.4.1 mods. now updateed to .4.5 game, it causes some problems

1 hour ago, Artienia said:

If i belive, it is an old texture loader or something. for the longest timee i played on 1.4.3 using 1.4.1 mods. now updateed to .4.5 game, it causes some problems

I am experiencing the exact same problem with the visors, glad to have a confirmation of the problem. With my install it also makes the mk1 mk2 and mk3 cockpits in all pink, so I can't use those as well as any stock solar panel (which is big problem for my Duna architecture challenge building...)

I dont have any other problems. try reinstalling the mod
if it works i'll do it too. i am a lazy ass though.

3 minutes ago, hoioh said:

I am experiencing the exact same problem with the visors, glad to have a confirmation of the problem. With my install it also makes the mk1 mk2 and mk3 cockpits in all pink, so I can't use those as well as any stock solar panel (which is big problem for my Duna architecture challenge building...)

Also you have 2 test mission badges (and no 40-ton payload badge) and this makes me very uncomfortable

3 minutes ago, Artienia said:

I dont have any other problems. try reinstalling the mod
if it works i'll do it too. i am a lazy ass though.

Also you have 2 test mission badges (and no 40-ton payload badge) and this makes me very uncomfortable

I'm only showing the last badge for each thread (Kerbin/Mün/Duna/Test), I've finished all the missions, but didn't update my sig for a while, maybe I'll fix that tonight

I've reinstalled a great deal of mods several tines over, but the problem persists unfortunately

4 minutes ago, hoioh said:

I'm only showing the last badge for each thread (Kerbin/Mün/Duna/Test), I've finished all the missions, but didn't update my sig for a while, maybe I'll fix that tonight

I've reinstalled a great deal of mods several tines over, but the problem persists unfortunately

but u have 2 test missions

witchcraft i say

1 hour ago, Ozelui said:

So, what mod are you guys using?

Texture replacer replaced - Apparently outdated, labeled as 1.3.1 in the mod thread. Or...

Texture replacer - Working? I didn't test it myself, but according to it's thread it works in 1.4.5.

That one works! The new unofficial edition of texture replacer fixed my texture issues

24 minutes ago, Kerbolitto said:

I don't know how you're doing it xD Only mod I might be interested in is scattere, but that might wait another 1500h ingame ! :D

I've been modding for forever, all started the moment I touched the original 'total annihilation' 20 or so years ago, back when amd was just starting to kick the pentium's behind.

Nowadays it's just a thing that I do, don't even think about it anymore

20 minutes ago, hoioh said:

That one works! The new unofficial edition of texture replacer fixed my texture issues

Cool!  I think windowshine could be at work there too, are you seeing the pink texture on stock cockpits or solar pannels? 

I've been waiting for an updated release of that mod for a while, but found this on the TR thread from the creator:  "UPDATE: Reflections work in 1.4.5 If you use the most recent official release of TR, and WindowShine for KSP v1.2. That said, all the previous bugs with part highlighting not working are also back.I'm trying it right now.   

Edit:  Bwahahahahahahaha it works!  Sexy windows everywhere :D

Edited by Ozelui

24 minutes ago, Ozelui said:

Cool!  I think windowshine could be at work there too, are you seeing the pink texture on stock cockpits or solar pannels? 

I've been waiting for an updated release of that mod for a while, but found this on the TR thread from the creator:  "UPDATE: Reflections work in 1.4.5 If you use the most recent official release of TR, and WindowShine for KSP v1.2. That said, all the previous bugs with part highlighting not working are also back."  I'm trying it right now.

No pink textures anywhere! Works 100% and I'm running the latest windowshine as well, haven't paid a lot of attention to the reflections though, but at least it didn't bug out. I could clearly see the kerbals head through the visor (can't remember if that's normal or not)

27 minutes ago, Ozelui said:

That is from a texture pack, as far as i know windowshine only makes windows reflect the exterior, as in the gifs:

windowshine

LOL, now my kerbals have the pink visor sickness

ROFL! That's anticlimactic...

I'll add that I did use some custom EVA suits, maybe that's the trick? just dunk a custom suit in the default folder of TR see if that does it

Edited by hoioh

14 minutes ago, hoioh said:

ROFL! That's anticlimactic...

I'll add that I did use some custom EVA suits, maybe that's the trick? just dunk a custom suit in the default folder of TR see if that does it

That was my guess too :) 

UgxAM0W.png

Drawback about the reflections: most parts mods don't use it, actually it appears to be working only with the "mk2 expansion" on my current game.

Artemis IV and IV-b Shuttle Launch

Highlights:

aCX1lGY.pngtwbJMfx.png

W4qe0W0.pngqcrY4NY.jpg

This kind of gets boring doesn't it.
Dokiing was interesting, Mechjeb helped. Forgot a landiing gear so i had to use the ccargo bay as one. Totally intentional .

blah blah blah here is a meme

BVelg73.png

EDIT: I really hope TCA is allowed in stock badge becase i am going to cry if not lol

Edited by Artienia

1 hour ago, Artienia said:

This kind of gets boring doesn't it.

Try doing a video next time, it makes it a lot harder on yourself

(Funny meme)

(I use GeForce experience to record, it's pretty stable and records directly from the GPU so it's not that hard on your system, if you have an Nvidia card)