Fastest Lithobrake

Ever wanted to make crashing useful? This challenge tries to do just that. Just remember that your pod/drone core has to survive the impact(s)!

Rules:

1. You may use Hyperedit/debug menu to place your craft in orbit around one of the following bodies: Minmus, Dres, the Mun, Vall, Moho, or Tylo.

2. The "No Crash Damage" cheat is not allowed for obvious reasons..

3. Engines are allowed, but remember, the lower your impact speed, the lower your score. 

4. Your craft does NOT have to be crewed, but your pod/probe core must remain intact.

5. Craft must be under 150 tons and have less than 300 parts.

6. No Autostrut or Unbreakable Joints cheat.

7. Must be stock parts only. 

Scoring:

Velocity of initial impact (m/s) + velocity of subsequent impacts (as many as are needed to stop) times the surface gravity of body in m/s2            (Minmus: 0.5, Mun: 1.63, Tylo: 7.9, etc.) 

Example: 

Suppose I try this challenge on the Mun, and my initial impact speed is 300 m/s, and I then have 4 subsequent "bounces" with speeds of 180,100,70,and 30 m/s.

300+180+100+70+30 = 680

Multiply by gravity in m/s2.

680•1.63=1,108.4 points.

Bonus points if you still have a working lander with a sufficient TWR to get off the ground, 100 again multiplied by surface gravity in m/s2. 

Happy crashings! :cool:

Edited by Jack Joseph Kerman

9 hours ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

Velocity of initial impact (m/s) + velocity of subsequent impacts (as many as are needed to stop) times the surface gravity of body in m/s2            (Minmus: 0.5, Mun: 1.63, Tylo: 7.9, etc.) 

Example: 

Suppose I try this challenge on the Mun, and my initial impact speed is 300 m/s, and I then have 4 subsequent "bounces" with speeds of 180,100,70,and 30 m/s.

300+180+100+70+30 = 680

Multiply by gravity in m/s2.

680•1.63=1,108.4 points.

Bonus points if you still have a working lander with a sufficient TWR to get off the ground, 100 again multiplied by surface gravity in m/s2. 

Happy crashings! :cool:

BOMDAS M8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.