[1.3] Version_2.0 Industries Rover Pack

MichaelV2.0

smjInWe.png

plIQCJR.png

About.

This is the new thread for the Version_2.0 Industries Rover pack, the old thread can be found here

Version_2.0 Industries Rover Pack.

This pack seeks to fill the kerbal's need for thrill and adventure in the way of exploration and little to no safety guidelines.

The pack consists of a variety of rover parts to tackle the gap in planetary scientific exploration as well as cargo and passenger transportation.

Leading the pack in these endeavors is the R32M Puma vehicle parts which give the perfect platform for light transport solutions and scientific exploration. 

accompanying the puma is its big brother the R32L honey badger parts which work fluently with the puma parts to help with heavier cargo transportation, mining and planetary exploration.

Version.

Current Release 2.0.0 for KSP 1.3

Download from Spacdock

Image gallery.

Change Log
The mod Change log can be found on the mod download page on Spacdock
Major Changes
Important! - on the change from 1.X.X versions of the mod to the 2.0.0 Configs have had a major overhaul for my mod meaning that some parts have changed names, due to this existing ships may run into issues with "missing parts" I apologies for any inconvenience but the overhaul was required to move forward.
This will also mean that to avoid parts being duplicated in the part directory you must remove previous versions of the mod before installing 2.0.0

Dependencies and Included mods.
Module Manager v2.8.1 by sarbian
Firespitter Plugin, v7.4.X by Snjo

Legal.

This pack distributed under the creative commons license, 
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0). See for more details (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/)

Edited by MichaelV2.0
License Changes

Thanks again for updating this mod!

With regards to the part name changes, I used Notepad ++ to simply find and replace all the old part names with all the new part names in the .craft files of my rovers that use your parts, it worked perfectly... so nice to have them back again.

So glad I saved them.

Cheers!

Edited by TheKurgan

Just now, TheKurgan said:

Thanks again for updating this mod!

There were many part name changes, so I used Notepad ++ to find and replace all the old part names with all the new part names in the .craft files of my rovers that use your parts... so nice to have them back again.

So glad I saved them.

Cheers!

Glad you Found a way around it, i hadn't fought of that myself, glad to here it all worked out sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope you continue to enjoy the mod.

Just now, MichaelV2.0 said:

Glad you Found a way around it, i hadn't fought of that myself, glad to here it all worked out sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope you continue to enjoy the mod.

I've been doing this for a long time now, I did it alot when OPT Space Plane Parts was changing names... I have even recovered a few forum member's large creations using a simple find and replace using Notepad ++. Sometimes it can take a little work, but it's really very simple... as long as the model itself doesn't change much.

The inconvenience was worth it, no apologies required :)

Awesome model! Love it's rugged good looks. Did you base the design off anything specific?

Other question - what scale do you have the ore tanks set to in the pictures to get them to fit in the truss with space like that?

Edited by wile1411

15 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Awesome model! Love it's rugged good looks. Did you base the design off anything specific?

Other question - what scale do you have the ore tanks set to in the pictures to get them to fit in the truss with space like that?

There was no specific source for the design but i did draw inspiration from several places, after all, everything we do is based on things we've seen whether we know of it or not. mainly design inspirations such as the halo franchise, the mass effect rovers as well as current military/exploration vehicles and some NASA concepts like the 6 wheel rover they recently showed. i never base them on a particular thing. 

and too your second question there not scaled, the cargo truss buggy in the photo uses the radial ore tanks on mirrored placement. Hope this helps i hope to in the future include some example rovers such as these maybe with the next update but no promises.

• 1 month later...

Found a minor issue with the FSfuelSwitch module in the CFG files for three of the tanks you have in this mod. It looks like you did the same copy/paste on all three FSfuelSwitch modules with the property:  basePartMass = 0.4

These are the values you have in the action PART modules of the relevant files

name = V2.0-P-Side            mass = 0.05
    name = V2.0-P-Tank           mass = 0.15
    name = V2.0-HB-Tank        mass = 0.3

Currently if gives an error for all three parts:   "FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy detected in part XXXX". While the error isn't from this mod, it seems to be caused by the mismatch between the different mass amounts in the CFG file.

This is a good parts pack with well designed rover bit and I made a great science rover that fits nicely in my spaceplane hanger but have a had bit of a problem with the honey badger cockpit.  The Kerbal in the back seat cannot get out as his portrait is not displayed.

I only found this out after having gone all the way to Eve and driven 30km from the space plane when the wheels popped on some rugged terrain.  No problem with the engineer on board who can pop out and fix them... except that he can’t get out >.<

7 hours ago, Oiff said:

This is a good parts pack with well designed rover bit and I made a great science rover that fits nicely in my spaceplane hanger but have a had bit of a problem with the honey badger cockpit.  The Kerbal in the back seat cannot get out as his portrait is not displayed.

I only found this out after having gone all the way to Eve and driven 30km from the space plane when the wheels popped on some rugged terrain.  No problem with the engineer on board who can pop out and fix them... except that he can’t get out >.<

You should still be able to get out by clicking on the hatch, or via the right-click menu - for the latter I think it's an option once you hit 'transfer'.  (The button on the portrait's the easiest way, but not the *only* way.)

7 hours ago, DStaal said:

You should still be able to get out by clicking on the hatch, or via the right-click menu - for the latter I think it's an option once you hit 'transfer'.  (The button on the portrait's the easiest way, but not the *only* way.)

Ah I didn’t know about the clicking on the hatch thing, thanks :)

Hey, love this mod! Been using these for a planned Mun base mission, as well as for chassis pieces for lines of APCs and IFVs with BDArmory. Out of curiosity, will there ever be a a dedicated IVA made for the cockpits and crew compartments? Would be very cool looking instead of the bland Mk1 placeholders.

Edited by Greyhound362

On 10/7/2017 at 12:11 PM, wile1411 said:

Found a minor issue with the FSfuelSwitch module in the CFG files for three of the tanks you have in this mod. It looks like you did the same copy/paste on all three FSfuelSwitch modules with the property:  basePartMass = 0.4

These are the values you have in the action PART modules of the relevant files

name = V2.0-P-Side            mass = 0.05
    name = V2.0-P-Tank           mass = 0.15
    name = V2.0-HB-Tank        mass = 0.3

Currently if gives an error for all three parts:   "FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy detected in part XXXX". While the error isn't from this mod, it seems to be caused by the mismatch between the different mass amounts in the CFG file.

sorry, only just saw this, i'll have a look as soon as i can but irl stuff may keep me from it for a few days.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, Greyhound362 said:

Hey, love this mod! Been using these for a planned Mun base mission, as well as for chassis pieces for lines of APCs and IFVs with BDArmory. Out of curiosity, will there ever be a a dedicated IVA made for the cockpits and crew compartments? Would be very cool looking instead of the bland Mk1 placeholders.

hopefully, but not sure when i will get around to it im affraid. 

Thanks glad your enjoying the mod.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I have granted @zer0Kerbal permission to adopt Version 2.0 Industries Rover Pack mod with the understanding that he will keep the `Version 2.0 Industries` brand,  and proper attribution to the original author (myself). Any Significant changes to models and codes, along with new parts, textures, models, and functions are permitted as per agreement and approval at such time as changes maybe needed.

The license is to be CC BY-ND 4.0.  Express revocable permission is granted to use the assets, code, copyrights, and trademarks.

zer0Kerbal has been added to the SpaceDock listing as an author. @VITAS

Moderators: kindly close this thread once a replacement thread has been linked here.

49 minutes ago, MichaelV2.0 said:

I have granted @zer0Kerbal permission to adopt Version 2.0 Industries Rover Pack mod with the understanding that he will keep the `Version 2.0 Industries` brand,  and proper attribution to the original author (myself). Any Significant changes to models and codes, along with new parts, textures, models, and functions are permitted as per agreement and approval at such time as changes maybe needed.

The license is to be CC BY-ND 4.0.  Express revocable permission is granted to use the assets, code, copyrights, and trademarks.

zer0Kerbal has been added to the SpaceDock listing as an author. @VITAS

Moderators: kindly close this thread once a replacement thread has been linked here.

Thank you kindly @MichaelV2.0!

Version_2.0 Industries Rover Pack

License-CC%20BY--ND%204.0-ef9421?style=s 

SpaceDockGitHub

News when there is news.

New Forum Thread:

Edited by zer0Kerbal