[1.12.x] TAC Sticky Controls

linuxgurugamer

A nice little mod which was forgotten until I needed it.  Originally by @TaranisElsu, the original thread is here:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/82682-102-tac-sticky-controls-v031-24may/

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Thunder Aerospace Corporation presents our latest innovation: Sticky Controls

Someone -- Bill? -- got a little too excited during his last flight and spilled his drink on the control panel. Now the control stick won't return to neutral when released! The weird thing is that some pilots started saying the plane was easier to fly, so we hired an intern to spill drinks on every control panel. Through many trials and careful experiments, we have found the ideal amount to spill. Also includes some cleaner for when it is no longer desirable, like after reaching space.

Having problems with this mod (or any others)?

Read the [Official] How To Get Support. I cannot do much to help without log files.

Features

NOT ALL FEATURES ARE IMPLEMENTED YET.

• Each attitude control input (the WASD keys) moves the controls by a small amount and the controls do not return to neutral when released. Works kind of like trim, but more adjustable and easier to work with. May be familiar to players of the Microsoft Flight Simulator series.
  • Fully adjustable: easy to change the amount the controls move per key press.
  • Immediately center the controls by pressing ` (The tilde key in the top-left of US keyboards, next to the 1).
  • Set to the current control positions by pressing Y. Useful for setting the controls to what SAS was using before turning off SAS. The idea was shamelessly stolen from Extended Trim.
  • Toggle on/off whenever desired by pressing Alt+`.
  • Displays a small window showing the current control positions, along with the configurable settings.
  • Not tested with RemoteTech2 nor MechJeb. I suggest that you turn this off if using MechJeb controls, if you have no connection for RT2, or if signal delay is significant.
  • Configurable settings:
    - Speed: how fast the controls move while pressing the key
    - Step: the minimum amount the controls are moved per key press. It also snaps the controls to multiples of this value, so larger values cause it to change in large discreet steps.
    - PrecisionControlsModifier: scales both Speed and Step by this amount when "precision controls" is turned on (the Caps Lock key in KSP's default key bindings).
    - Minimum Time: the time in seconds a key has to be held down in order for the controls to move more than a single step.
    - Exponent: larger values make the controls move much faster when holding a key down longer. When set to 1, the controls move the same amount per unit of time regardless of how long the key has been held down.
    - Position Dead Zone: controls the dead zone around zero where the controls have no effect.
    - Position Exponent: larger values make it so controls have less effect when near zero and a much larger effect when farther from zero.
    - ZeroControlsKey: the key bound to zeroing the controls. The default is 'z'. Note that toggling on/off is always Alt plus this key
    - SetControlsKey: the key bound to using the current control positions. The default is 'y'.

License

Apache License Version 2.0

Download the latest version.

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1473/Tac Sticky Controls

Source: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TacStickyControls

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Ogre420 said:

I'm running KSP 1.3 on Ubuntu/Linux and I'm getting the graphic for the mod appearing multiple times in the stock toolbar when I revert flights.

Every time I revert another one is added to the toolbar.

can confirm this for windows version, too. I'm running way too many mods, so I'll try to replicate it on a stock game.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I stumbled over this in my output_log:

Spoiler

-INFO- Tac.StickyControls.StickyControls[FFB6334E][1439.57]: OnDestroy

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\TacStickyControls\PluginData\StickyControls.cfg".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tac.StickyControls.StickyControls.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tac.StickyControls.StickyControls.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:

I am using the same version number as is available in the above spacedock link.

The file tree is incorrect. Yes there is \GameData\TacStickyControls\ but it is then Plugins\PluginData\TacStickyControls which is empty.

I see no file called StickyControls.cfg.

Maybe there is a typo somewhere?

4 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I stumbled over this in my output_log:

Hide contents

-INFO- Tac.StickyControls.StickyControls[FFB6334E][1439.57]: OnDestroy

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\TacStickyControls\PluginData\StickyControls.cfg".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tac.StickyControls.StickyControls.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tac.StickyControls.StickyControls.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:

I am using the same version number as is available in the above spacedock link.

The file tree is incorrect. Yes there is \GameData\TacStickyControls\ but it is then Plugins\PluginData\TacStickyControls which is empty.

I see no file called StickyControls.cfg.

Maybe there is a typo somewhere?

Create a directory TacStickyControls/PluginData

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.