experience and drone cores

Simple question - Am I reducing the experience my Kerbals can get on a particular flight  by having a drone / probe core attached to the vessel?

Example - Franwise, an engineer, has landed on the Mun and on Minmus and Planted a Flag on both.  Both times were in a vessel with an OKTO2.  She has experience in her log for "Plant Flag" but not for "Landed On".  I tried landing with SAS turned off but that didn't give her the "Landed On " experience either.

Probe core and/or SAS has nothing to do with it.

As I understand it; you only get the highest possible XP reward for what you did, not all of them added up. So since "Plant Flag" was worth more, you get that XP but not the "Landed On" XP.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (I may be. Lol.)

EDIT: Never mind, I looked it up; I was mostly right apparently.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Experience

Orbiting, planting flags, and escaping from the gravity of planets and moons grants various amounts of experience depending on the planet. Each Kerbal can only gain the experience once per celestial body, so planting multiple flags or repeatedly orbiting a planet do not provide any further experience for the same Kerbal. Additionally, experience from a given celestial body is only granted for the most valuable achievement and is not cumulative, so orbiting the Mun (3 XP) and planting a flag on it (5 XP) will only ever grant a total of 5 XP, not 8 or more (even if done on separate missions).

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Your Kerbals get all the experience, but what will be listed is their top accomplishment on that body. Planting a flag tops all else, so that's what's listed. And the probecore won't affect it. It's a good way to get your Kerbals experience without having to send a pilot. Or if you just don't have one available.

11 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Probe core and/or SAS has nothing to do with it.

As I understand it; you only get the highest possible XP reward for what you did, not all of them added up. So since "Plant Flag" was worth more, you get that XP but not the "Landed On" XP.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (I may be. Lol.)

Your correct, but it's just a finite amount of experience for a given body. If 15 XP is the max (planting a flag), but you landed and forgot to plant one (or couldn't for some reason), let's say that was worth 12 XP. If you brought that same Kerbal back as part of a crew that planted a flag, you would get an additional 3 XP and his log in would be updated to show he planted the flag. You can't double-down on XP, but you did get credit for each thing you did. Fly by, orbit, land, plant the flag (not sure what EVA in space gets you).

Edited by Cpt Kerbalkrunch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.