[1.3.X -> 1.6.X] Other_Worlds Star Pack Reboot | Redoing the whole system again!

Pkmniako

Making the biome maps of the finished-mapped planets.
Take this little comparison graph for the moment

QMHws6i.png
(This These are the actual biome maps, except the clouds, and Kerbin...)

Edited by Pkmniako
This to These

Small Update
5G9tM9I.png
(Biome maps, All bodies to scale)

All biome maps are finished with the exception of Crons, so either expect the next alpha soon, or a beta when I finish Crons.

Edited by Pkmniako

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up redoing Crons. Here's the current Heightmap seen from different views, I'll have to add ice cracks and clean up some of the mess. I'll do the color map later.

G5EqDCu.jpg

View 1: Close to prograde, cratered surface, reminisent of the cratered poles of the original Crons.

View 2: Starboard view, Transition from cratered to young terrain.

View 3: Close to Retrograde: Young terrain with cryovolcanism.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates.

OWR works perfectly in KSP 1.4.2 aside from a bug regarding Cercani's rim in the map view.

Got crons to work after some problems. I'm going to give it a thin atmosphere and cryovolcanos that spew black smoke, like Triton.

And adding to the news, I'm getting used to camera views for the owr trailer.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Also compared again the evolution of the planets, and I'm very happy with how it has ended up.

Except a new alpha this week or the next.

Planned position of the laser sail's components on the Tech Tree

unknown.png?width=594&height=528

And the manufacturer will use this flag:
vX8ovBr.png

I think it's pretty well balanced, as the experiments can only be run once and the sail itself is pretty expensive to run early in a career, but opinions are always welcomed

Have not had the chance to play KSP at all lately... :(, but I have been following the development of this for a while now and it is really making me want to start another career game. 

This is looking phenomenal,  can't wait to visit these planets. Keep up the good work!

Alpha 0.4, expect lots of oddities, specially if you are using 1.4.X and scatterer

> Balanced the part costs of the laser sail, so now it makes more sense in career mode!
  > Put the parts of the laser sail in the correct spots in the RnD Tech Tree
  > Added Kevari, Crons, Niko, Prima and Secunda, though not in their best states.
  > Added aurorae to Pequar (Currntly green, may change color to red)
  > Added a RCS pack for the sail, so to manouver better and pinpoint flybies (Needs some work)
  > Now OWR uses CTTP v1.0.3 onwards
  > SigmaLoadingScreens compatible, enjoy loading screens like this (1.3.1)

And a bit of updates. I've been thinking of expanding the gameplay for interstellar travel farther than just getting project starshot done, do I've been thinking between 3 gameplay opportunities: Laser Highways (Like current laser sails but with the ability to slow down thanks to a base in the target system), Stock-feel colony-like parts (To recreate something like this) and Deployable Wormholes (Like portals pretty much)
So feel free to leave your opinions on this topic here too.

By the way, development is slow due to university studies, so expect this version to be a bit unpolished.

wFlCVf4.png
(Loading screen logo)

12 hours ago, 4nxs said:

Have not had the chance to play KSP at all lately... :(, but I have been following the development of this for a while now and it is really making me want to start another career game. 

This is looking phenomenal,  can't wait to visit these planets. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! It means a lot.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:39 AM, Pkmniako said:

unknown.png

Cercani looks very nice now.

EDIT: Planning on doing a custom animated corona plugin. Not sure if it's going to work though.

what engines did u use to get there? is this ship crewed, are they asleep? how long did it take to arrive? this pic alone sold me on the mod

last question, can the solar sail scale? I would like to send ships away with giant solar sails, and I do hope that the colony parts you hope to add are added

the fact the solar sails cost money has inspired me a lot to want to do mining in KSP. To harvest ore and send to Kerbin to pay for interstellar missions. This has given me a purpose to build bases in KSP.

I really do hope you add in your solar highway idea

Spoiler

One feature of the colony part should be the ability to reproduce as well, hopefully not a clone of civilian population, just the ability to reproduce, not a life support

7 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

following

Does this have the same kerbal system in it?

This is just an addition to the stock system, adding the star system far from it.

4 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

what engines did u use to get there? is this ship crewed, are they asleep? how long did it take to arrive? this pic alone sold me on the mod

It's a fully stock craft with 140 Dawn ion engines. So yeah...

It supposed to be able to get to Cercani in about 500 years, though I havent test it at its full potential because of the part count.

4 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

last question, can the solar sail scale? I would like to send ships away with giant solar sails, and I do hope that the colony parts you hope to add are added

That's the plan with the laser highway concept. Very big sails to ride the lasers. But no, the current sail cant be scaled.

Please make the current sail scale capable, I plan to use it to haul motherships to a fraction of lightspeed, also, would near future propulsion engines be able to do the trip as well? I hope to use a minmus base in career to send ore home for cash to fund interstellar colony missions

I 'd hope to be able to make the trip in a century with live Kerbals

21 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

One feature of the colony part should be the ability to reproduce as well, hopefully not a clone of civilian population, just the ability to reproduce, not a life support

As far as I know, Civilian Population isn't Life Support. It does civilian astronauts, rent, kerbal aging and death, and kerbal reproduction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.