[1.3.X -> 1.6.X] Other_Worlds Star Pack Reboot | Redoing the whole system again!

Pkmniako

• 2 weeks later...

A little album of the latest things I've been doing, mainly Disole and its new clouds

Album sobxa will appear when post is submitted

Embed Imgur Albums seem to be on vacation, so here, take the first image of the album and click the link to see the rest... 

Xa3n1jQ.png

Edited by Pkmniako
Imgur Album thing trolling me

• 1 month later...
Just now, Pkmniako said:

I've changed Vassa's Cloud Map.

1IcRo89.png

Sorry for the slow development, but I want the planet pack to actually have good surfaces, both heightmaps and PQSs mods.

That looks... absolutely amazing.

That's probably the best looking planet I've seen in Kerbal Space program! Those clouds look gorgeous!

Had to upload a 0.1.1 alpha version, as the first one lacked first planet Troni. You've seen nothing!

EDIT: I screwed up. Have the 0.1.2. It should actually work.

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

a small suggestion

since the number of planet pack is growing ever more, it might be a good idea to apply your patches at a specific pass specifier

like :FOR[OtherWorlds]

instead of using :AFTER[Kopernicus]

Thanks for the tip! (Insert okhand emoticon)

Edited by Pkmniako

Just a bit of feedback regarding Pequar in the old version of Other Worlds: I was never a huge fan of the bright yellow rings. If you could change that in the reboot, maybe even to just a less bright shade of yellow, that'd be nice.

Can't wait to see what Other Worlds is going to look like by the time you get the reboot finished!

8 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

what exactly does that do?

Those pass specifiers tell mm when to apply the patch

If everybody uses after[kopernicus] all patches will apply at a certain point and compatibility mods will have an hard time get in between patches of different planet packs

8 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Just a bit of feedback regarding Pequar in the old version of Other Worlds: I was never a huge fan of the bright yellow rings. If you could change that in the reboot, maybe even to just a less bright shade of yellow, that'd be nice.

Don't worry, you aren't the first one to propose this!

Talking about Pequar. It's the next that I'm going to improve:

- Current revamped heightmap is pretty simple, so I'm going to add mountain ranges aroud the sand plains and a Mars Poles-like border between the Poles and the rest of the planet.

- I'm goint to redo the rings. Structure is already decided, with 3 main rings (α, β & γ) and one dust one (ε) at C3-2s orbit. This last one will have a faint yellow color, but I haven't decided the main rings' color, so leave ideas if you want! The former ones will lie between 1 and 5 Pequar's radii.

I'm also unhappy with the new Crons heightmap, so I've decided to make it more similar to the original one, with a center ridge, cratered poles and scaled terrain.

Tell what you think about this! :)

2 hours ago, Pkmniako said:

Talking about Pequar. It's the next that I'm going to improve:

- Current revamped heightmap is pretty simple, so I'm going to add mountain ranges aroud the sand plains and a Mars Poles-like border between the Poles and the rest of the planet.

- I'm goint to redo the rings. Structure is already decided, with 3 main rings (α, β & γ) and one dust one (ε) at C3-2s orbit. This last one will have a faint yellow color, but I haven't decided the main rings' color, so leave ideas if you want! The former ones will lie between 1 and 5 Pequar's radii.

I'm also unhappy with the new Crons heightmap, so I've decided to make it more similar to the original one, with a center ridge, cratered poles and scaled terrain.

Tell what you think about this! :)

Sounds great to me!

@Pkmniako Great work! I look forward to the first stable-ish alpha/beta! 

As soon as you get a stable-ish pre-release build, please make sure you point it out when you post the update so I know it's ready enough to download!

I really like what you did with Vassa! I agree that having multiple layers of clouds rotating at different speeds would give a much better effect. Perhaps even having the non-hurricane clouds rotating in a different(not necessarily opposite) direction to emphasis the hurricane might be something to play around with to see if it looks good!

I don't know the limitations of Kopernicus, but having some layers of clouds rotate in a pattern similar to wind patterns on Earth would be something that might look cool. Check out a map of wind patterns and you'll see how it comes in stripes, very strange but cool!

Anyways, keep up the good work friend!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 1:53 PM, Pkmniako said:

Say goodbye to the old Pizza'd Kevari!

Could you possibly make a reboot of the old pizza Kevari too? I really like that one. :(

But besides that the pack looks amazing! :D

Edited by JacobJHC

Working on having everything ready on 1.3.1

Already fixed some problems with the light from the Stock Sun and the one from Cercani hitting planets at the same time.

C3-1 is now orbiting within Pequar's rings and it now resembles Atlas (Moon of saturn). This still needs a ton of work, as the surface is not the best.

Things left for next alpha is fixing Disole's scatterer config (No surface visible), Pequar's rings all black, adding some nice clouds to the later and finishing the biome maps of the current planets.

Also, because of some bugs, EVE shadows are no longer supported (Moons won't go dark if going through a planet penumbra) and probably even Scatterer's Shadows

Photos:

830saAB.png

New C3-1

TFv4sfp.png

Pequar's clouds

hQqxfHm.png

Sunset at one of Disole's dry river beds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.