[1.3.X -> 1.6.X] Other_Worlds Star Pack Reboot | Redoing the whole system again!

Pkmniako

10 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

So, can you add li'l asteroids to the planets? you said Niko was the smallest body and is the size of the Mun. I need a Gilly like asteroid to refuel on.

@Pkmniako

If you look at the parameters of Niko, you will see it's a perfect planet for mining.

sliderUI2.gifsliderUI3.gif20180619_102908.jpg

First GIF: Slider that changes max G-Forces the sail experiences

Second GIF: Changing between the two modes of the sail: Kerbin as source of force or another vessel

Image: Concept Art for a 50m Laser sail that will enable crewed travel thorugh laser highways.

6 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Ok. How big is it?

You can check it ingame with the information icon in map view or the tracking station

This mod is causing some weird conflict with EVE, when I have Other Worlds in my game it seems like EVE only loads the configs for the Cercani system as all of the atmospheric bodies there have clouds, but nothing in the Kerbol system has clouds.

0zJLQQe.png

rYz29VL.png

Is there a way to fix this? :c

2 hours ago, yorshee said:

This mod is causing some weird conflict with EVE, when I have Other Worlds in my game it seems like EVE only loads the configs for the Cercani system as all of the atmospheric bodies there have clouds, but nothing in the Kerbol system has clouds.

0zJLQQe.png

rYz29VL.png

Is there a way to fix this? :c

This is very interesting as I dont have this problem

Could you state what cloud mod are you using and submit ModuleManager.ConfigCache?

On 6/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, Pkmniako said:

This is very interesting as I dont have this problem

Could you state what cloud mod are you using and submit ModuleManager.ConfigCache?

I'm using EVE with SVE's configs.

I don't see a modulemanager.configcache file which is weird because I know I should have one. I have the physics and techtree ones, but no configcache. 

Cant wait to see that huge solar sail in action.

The UI is looking very sleek and professional. What are the underlying mechanics for using another vessel as a source of force (orbit restrictions, power availability, line of sight, etc)?

Could a planet other than kerbin be used too? Or would that be another vessel landed on a planet?

Cheers and thank you for all the cool updates!

Edited by 4nxs
Spelling and a word

> 0.4.3 Alpha
            - Return to Developent! \o/
            - Added OnDemand loading. Less RAM usage
            - Fixed C2-1 and C3-1, now you can actually land on them!
            - Changed Vassa's Colormap, now with very nice gradients between grey and white
            - Changed Disole's Cliff color, now darker than the surroundings
            - Fixed Troni's biomes. More fixes for Troni will come soon

3 minutes ago, Pkmniako said:

> 0.4.3 Alpha
            - Return to Developent! \o/
            - Added OnDemand loading. Less RAM usage
            - Fixed C2-1 and C3-1, now you can actually land on them!
            - Changed Vassa's Colormap, now with very nice gradients between grey and white
            - Changed Disole's Cliff color, now darker than the surroundings
            - Fixed Troni's biomes. More fixes for Troni will come soon

Hoorah!

pnwubAb.png
(Left: All petals of the sail deployed) (Right: One petal stowed)

Today I've decided to start modeling the big laser sail. It's going to be a mess to texturize and animate, but I think the end product will be amazing.

Really interested to try out this mod. I'm building a 1.4.3 install around KSPI-E and looking for destinations. :P

But a question, wondering why the use of GoogleDrive to provide the files rather than Spacedock? (I'm not stating a preference, just asking your reasoning?)

Edited by scottadges

@Pkmniako, How did you remove Cercani's orbit path? I am trying to remove the orbit path around Kerbol for another star mod I have running alongside yours, extrasolar, and want to remove the orbit path of a star called Valentine. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Memetastic Joe

On 7/7/2018 at 8:11 AM, scottadges said:

Really interested to try out this mod. I'm building a 1.4.3 install around KSPI-E and looking for destinations. :P

But a question, wondering why the use of GoogleDrive to provide the files rather than Spacedock? (I'm not stating a preference, just asking your reasoning?)

I dont feel the mod is finished enough for people to get it while browsing spacedock. I still might change some things and could be bad for things like career mode saves.

But I'll make sure this ends up in spacedock when it comes out of dev version

On 7/2/2018 at 11:11 AM, FreeThinker said:

@Pkmniako  One question I'm trying to answer is the amount of force such laser is able to endure. I bet It needs to be customized to the planned amount of force you intend to receive.

I might add a force limit to each sail but they might be set high so to avoid kraken attacks and still allow crazy accelerations, people have fun with that.

But the UI will limit the gforce to 1g by default so to have realistic acceleration in massive ships at the start

8 hours ago, Memetsastic Joe said:

@Pkmniako, How did you remove Cercani's orbit path? I am trying to remove the orbit path around Kerbol for another star mod I have running alongside yours, extrasolar, and want to remove the orbit path of a star called Valentine. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Memetastic Joe

First, you should have totally have asked this to @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures :P and Valentine is meant to be more of a double companion, but hey, I cant judge.

Second, you can go to the configuration file of Cercani in OtherWorldsReboot/CercaniSystem/Kopernicus/Cercani.cfg. Inside yhe orbit node you will see a variable called hideOrbit = true or something similar (I'm on vacation, cant remember now lol). Copy that to Valentine's orbit node

Edited by Pkmniako
I talk perfect English (Grammar errors)

On 7/8/2018 at 1:08 PM, Pkmniako said:

I might add a force limit to each sail but they might be set high so to avoid kraken attacks and still allow crazy accelerations, people have fun with that.

But the UI will limit the gforce to 1g by default so to have realistic acceleration in massive ships at the star

In found out that stress on the laser sail is not the biggest problem. The main limitation is heat absorption. Unless you start to do active cooling of the solar sail with radiators, a sail is much more likely to melt due to tiny percentage of heat that are absorbed from incoming laser beams, you can never make it 100% reflective. The best achievable reflective is in the order of 99.999% with dielectric layers. That sound like very high but that 0.0001% absorption is enough to evaporate you sail if you attempt to accelerate a interstellar starship at 1g

Edited by FreeThinker

Actually made an account just to comment on this, but anyway, I'm so glad that this mod is being remade as it was the first mod i ever got for KSP in general. It's probably one of the greatest planet mod things that I've seen, right next to Outer Planets and Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul. (I'm brand new so I don't know how to abbreviate)

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates

Learning to implement the UI proves harder than first thought, it will take more time.

OWR works on 1.4.5, but if you find any weird bug please post it here

Next version should make Cercani almost-static. This will mean it wont move when going there!

16 hours ago, boomfox said:

you can copy your game data please? or correct version scatter or E.V.E

Latest versions of scatterer and EVE will work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.