[1.3.X -> 1.6.X] Other_Worlds Star Pack Reboot | Redoing the whole system again!

Pkmniako

On 10/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Cercani looking too big from kerbin.I cant see any difference to kerbol!

Limitation of KSP if you are not using scatterer. The stars have a minimun size limit in the sky, wherever you are.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:20 AM, The-Doctor said:

Is there a way to extend the system further out

You will have to wait for the completion of Interstellar Consirtum mod for that. The distance of Cercani is based on this standard.

On 10/31/2018 at 3:49 AM, The-Doctor said:

Are dust storms available on these worlds? 

Pequar should have duststorms (Though not very visible) and in the highlands of Disole you might be able to get some,

10 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@Pkmniako hey man, I'd like to know about the current things available in this mod, well the current developments, just trying to decide what to do, also with it's inclusion in my Project Essence for season 5, I just wanna have an idea of what the current roadmap is

Only things left for the release of OWR beta are the completion of the Laser Sail Modules (Including a big Laser Sail) and a pair of asteroids.

Also @The-Doctor, it would be better if you condensed all these comments into one or two, they can get quite overwhelming and a bit boring to answer

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to.

@Pkmniako I have a suggestion for the big lasers, you could make it be that they require some maintenance occasionally, thus encouraging base building.

Final question, is there any uhm, like document showing your plans, roadmap etc, I'd love to follow

Edited by The-Doctor

On 11/1/2018 at 8:14 PM, The-Doctor said:

I have a suggestion for the big lasers, you could make it be that they require some maintenance occasionally, thus encouraging base building.

Maybe, maybe not. They already require quite a lot of electricity to run which pretty much implies you must have a nuclear reactor to run them.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:14 PM, The-Doctor said:

Final question, is there any uhm, like document showing your plans, roadmap etc, I'd love to follow

Due to the stealing of ideas that has occured recently in the planet modding scene i think It's better to hold information like extended roadmaps for the moment. The only information that I want to be public is Laser Highways (Laser Sails), Science Descriptions and a new Star

500Megabyte download? is that compressed or uncomressed?

Does it use OnDemand loading?

is the file size simply because of texture size and could I reduce the memory footprint somehow?

just asking because my current install is already bloated to heck with mods (its already over twice stock KSP afaik) and takes over 15 minutes to load on my NVMe SSD...

On 11/11/2018 at 12:50 PM, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

500Megabyte download? is that compressed or uncomressed?

Does it use OnDemand loading?

is the file size simply because of texture size and could I reduce the memory footprint somehow?

just asking because my current install is already bloated to heck with mods (its already over twice stock KSP afaik) and takes over 15 minutes to load on my NVMe SSD...

500 compressed. It does have OnDemand enabled. It still takes a bit to load (1 minute?). Next version will have even more ondemand loading. Sorry for the inconvinience.

23 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Does it work with GPP?

Yes. This only adds planets and wont interfere with GPP's planets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.