[1.3.X -> 1.6.X] Other_Worlds Star Pack Reboot | Redoing the whole system again!

Pkmniako

FYZ41QP.png

New Niko

AcFTmkk.png

Comparison between old and new bodies

On 12/10/2018 at 10:58 AM, Nyarlathotep- said:

It would be cool if the laser produced thrust.

I still yet have to decide if laser generators should be kept at all time on the surface of a planet or can be fired while in space.

The first option gives gameplay depth and just nullifies recoil, but the second option gives a lot more options.

If I go with the second option, I might make lasers generate thrust just for fun lol

Edited by Pkmniako

7 hours ago, Pkmniako said:

FYZ41QP.png

New Niko

AcFTmkk.png

Comparison between old and new bodies

I still yet have to decide if laser generators should be kept at all time on the surface of a planet or can be fired while in space.

The first option gives gameplay depth and just nullifies recoil, but the second option gives a lot more options.

If I go with the second option, I might make lasers generate thrust just for fun lol

They would probably be like ion thrusters for larger craft, but using only electric charge, but tons of it.

Edited by Nyarlathotep-

On 12/15/2018 at 5:53 PM, Dr.Bucket said:

I discovered something strange around Nienna.

Kd849K3.png

mCYerKC.png

hjEX0bW.png

through the object.

This is a very weird shadows bug that is relatrd either with EVE or Scatterer. It's probably a oversight i had once while configurating stuff. I might be ablr to remove it for next version.

I suggest that you make the lasers able to be in orbit as well, it depends on what is easier for you to code, I personally want it to be surface based to give bases a purpose, but I understand other players may not want that, and also the idea of having laser highways in between stars, pushing ships along is very interesting.

On an extra note @Pkmniako how many habitable world does your system have? Or planned to have?

6 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

Aren't there other stars? Like Astra and Ma-Jitu

There are other stars, yes. But they are only in the planning phase. When these will appear is very uncertain. He's still revamping the Cercani worlds and developing the solar sail thing.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:13 AM, Pkmniako said:

sail23.gif

Almost finished porting all previous functionalities. It just needs the Sell button and make it update how many seconds you have when opening the UI

That UI looks tasty.

sail25.gif

It can search for vessels!

On 1/2/2019 at 7:59 PM, ILoveStars said:

Aren't there other stars? Like Astra and Ma-Jitu

Time will come for other stars. I have to finish the sails first, as it adds quite a lot of gameplay depth into interstellar travels

Update:
IT WORKS

Voyage to Cercani using Laser Sails (Demonstration of slow down functionallity)

Smaller Scale Test (Within Mun's Orbit)

Edited by Pkmniako
Add of video

23 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Im a bit confused about how the slowing down works, the vid confuses me

By using a laser, the sail will get a force wherever is pointing, and away from where the laser comes from

When you want to accelerate, you are applying a force on the sail to get it to the speed you want (or can)

When you want to slow down, you are applying a force on the sail opposite to where you are going so you drop your speed

EDIT: Dont worry, i eyeballed it in the video. UI will have an information tab with lots of data

Edited by Pkmniako

@Pkmniako those pics really sold me on only using this mod for my ultimate mission, my previous plan was to just use the laser sail and another mod because this mod lacks a habitable planet but those travel pics have changed my mind. My one request is at least one planet have a breathable atmosphere. It could be a dangerous world with high gravity like Peguar or it could be Vassa with the large storm and few land, or it could be any of the worlds, just a breathable atmosphere. My suggestion in this regard would be if a world has a breathable atmosphere but lacks water it would allow a unique colonization opportunity that I've dreamt of doing where trade between worlds is important and more than 1 colony is actually important.

One question, is the big laser in the 1.6.x update of this mod or should I wait a little longer? I haven't gotten back into playing ksp due to uni but I'm really eager to and have some mods installed ready to go

On 1/18/2019 at 5:26 AM, The-Doctor said:

My suggestion in this regard would be if a world has a breathable atmosphere but lacks water it would allow a unique colonization opportunity that I've dreamt of doing where trade between worlds is important and more than 1 colony is actually important.

I think you should check all the bodies propieties ingame

On 1/18/2019 at 5:26 AM, The-Doctor said:

One question, is the big laser in the 1.6.x update of this mod or should I wait a little longer? I haven't gotten back into playing ksp due to uni but I'm really eager to and have some mods installed ready to go

You will have to wait a little longer, I don't want to get that much distracted and focus on the exams at university

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

C4-2

On 2/16/2019 at 2:09 AM, The-Doctor said:

Is scifi visuals supported or could be in the near future? 

Should be, unless scifi visuals is that type of cloud mod that deletes every other single cloud

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.