[1.3.X -> 1.6.X] Other_Worlds Star Pack Reboot | Redoing the whole system again!

Pkmniako

6 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

Add in to all of this the fact that the pusher plate would have to be able to withstand the force of countless nuclear explosions

There's 2 variants. An ablative version, intentionally damaging the plate. 

And an oil coated version. A solution discovered after an oily fingerprint near a nuclear test had shown no ablation (unlike the metal surrounding the fingerprint)

6 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

be able to withstand countless sudden accelerations

Spoiler

440px-ProjectOrionConfiguration.png

as seen in that image The Pusher Plate consists of 2 parts. A 1st stage cushion and a 2nd stage piston system. Supposed to bring down the acceleration on

to plesant levels of Gs.

And unless done intentional, a nuclear bomb is really hard to accidentally go off.

• 1 month later...

This is proving to be a fun planet pack! I am currently doing a grand tour of sorts, in which I attempt to visit as many worlds from as many stars from as many modpacks as I can. I'm not doing much more than flags and footprints, but if you want to see my progress, it's in this thread: 

I have experienced a few issues. Pequar's moon has some invisible terrain that will blow your ship up if you touch it. The view from Troni is a bit, well... I know it's next to a star and all, but I think there may be a balance between realism and not burning your eyes out looking at a nearly solid white computer monitor. Again, your judgement, if it's supposed to be this bright then it's alright.

qXcOFMQ.png

Thank you for all the time and effort you spent putting this together!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, RocketSquid said:

Hmm, is there any reason this wouldn't work in 1.7? 

No, if you use the correct Kopernicus version. If you use scatterer 0.052 or higher though, you have to get the patch from the github repository.

Just now, DeltaDizzy said:

No, if you use the correct Kopernicus version. If you use scatterer 0.052 or higher though, you have to get the patch from the github repository.

Will it work without Scatterer? Scatterer messes up my oceans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2019 at 10:17 PM, Morshu said:

Hi I was wondering how you made your sun's orbital path invisible. I'm trying to make my own systems and I was wondering how you do it?

add "mode = 0" and "icon = NONE" to your star's Orbit node.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

On 8/9/2019 at 5:17 AM, Morshu said:

Hi I was wondering how you made your sun's orbital path invisible. Im trying to make my own systems and I was wondering how you do it?

18 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

add "mode = 0" and "icon = NONE" to your star's Orbit node.

Only "mode = 0". 

"Icon = NONE" will (obviously) remove the orbit icon, aka the little dot that a body displays when zoomed in mapview 

Edited by GrandProtectorDark

On 6/24/2019 at 12:49 AM, jpinard said:

Are biomes included as of the latest build?

Also with the large file size, what is that doing to game performance?

Biomes are included in most of the planets, with just a few having unfinished ones but working ones.

Though the filesize is large, you can use it with just a very small dip in performance. Kopernicus has OnDemand loading.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:35 PM, Shiolle said:

If I made a compatibility config for this mod to support Kerbalism (add radiation profiles to all the bodies) would it be a config for this mod or Kerbalism? Which mod supports which?

I haven't made a Kerbalism config as it doesn't support different sources of Solar Wind, which makes the radiation belts kinda wonky

On 6/16/2019 at 5:08 PM, AstralWither said:

are there any future plans for new star systems? from the interstellar constiorum page, it seems as though you planned to have 4 stars at some point

There are plans that I would love to do. But with university and the new KSP 2 announced, these might have to wait even longer.

23 hours ago, Pkmniako said:

I haven't made a Kerbalism config as it doesn't support different sources of Solar Wind, which makes the radiation belts kinda wonky

They are working on multiple star systems support. I was able to build a version of Kerbalism (using two different branches) that worked quite well, and I've done the config. So, as you can see that's not finished, but once it is, I can provide you with this config if you wish.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, Shiolle said:

They are working on multiple star systems support. I was able to build a version of Kerbalism (using two different branches) that worked quite well, and I've done the config. So, as you can see that's not finished, but once it is, I can provide you with this config if you wish.

Thank you, but I will do it myself

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.