[1.3.X -> 1.6.X] Other_Worlds Star Pack Reboot | Redoing the whole system again!

Pkmniako

Works flawlessly and fast on Kopernicus 1.9.1-1, EVE+Scatterer+FlareReplacer, only barycenter = true in Prima.cfg needs to be commented out because of deprecation.

Your planets look astonishing even without new material shader, which is now buggy, so thank you for your work!

Edited by Hohmannson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Maple Kerman Planet packs generally only contain the visual configs and textures for themselves and only require EVE to be installed separately. So they are unlikely to mess with the visuals for the stock planets (except if they are system replacers). Install everything and find out.

Oh, alright, that makes sense. I was just asking because I was told on another planet pack thread (Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani) that even stock-only visual mods conflicted with their own configs, so I wanted to know if the same would happen here.

I'll make sure to install the mods and try it out for myself.

@Maple Kerman Due to GU's unique size and its own complexities because of how ambitious it is (and maybe it packs its own visuals for the stock planets, which is possible), GU itself is found to be incompatible with whatever. That doesn't automatically mean every other planet pack will have such an issue. Treat GU as the exception, not the rule, but still be careful since you're piling on planet mods.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found some errors with CC. There's a contract not loading properly.

[WRN 20:06:57.214] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'WhatLiesBeyond': The weight attribute is deprecated as of Contract Configurator 1.15.0.  Contracts are no longer generated using a weighted system.
[LOG 20:06:57.214] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Successfully loaded CONTRACT_TYPE 'WhatLiesBeyond'
[LOG 20:06:57.215] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'InterstellarMedium'
[WRN 20:06:57.216] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'InterstellarMedium': The weight attribute is deprecated as of Contract Configurator 1.15.0.  Contracts are no longer generated using a weighted system.
[LOG 20:06:57.218] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Successfully loaded CONTRACT_TYPE 'InterstellarMedium'
[LOG 20:06:57.220] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'CrewInterstellar'
[WRN 20:06:57.221] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'CrewInterstellar': The weight attribute is deprecated as of Contract Configurator 1.15.0.  Contracts are no longer generated using a weighted system.
[LOG 20:06:57.222] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Successfully loaded CONTRACT_TYPE 'CrewInterstellar'
[LOG 20:06:57.223] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'LaserSailTesting'
[WRN 20:06:57.224] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'LaserSailTesting': The weight attribute is deprecated as of Contract Configurator 1.15.0.  Contracts are no longer generated using a weighted system.
[ERR 20:06:57.225] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'LaserSailTesting', PARAMETER 'Orbit' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory must be specified.

[ERR 20:06:57.225] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'LaserSailTesting', REQUIREMENT 'CompleteContract' of type 'InterstellarMedium': Unknown requirement 'InterstellarMedium'.

[WRN 20:06:57.225] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'LaserSailTesting'

e1791f6a8e.png9281cf5f6c.png

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzsvevn6l0b4h8w/KSP.log?dl=0

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Ev3Mhls.png

I have not said anything in this forum post for a long time.

For those who don't know, I've been updating the mod for the past 2 months while I was also working on my end of degree project for university.

I have been talking about what I've been doing in the Kopernicus Discord Server, but from now on, I will try to also keep you forum dwellers updated too.

When can we expect to have a download for this new stuff?

No idea! You will have to wait. I have a real life going on, and that has to take priority.

What have you been doing?

Well, I'm glad you ask!

Ab3xzlX.jpg

I've redesigned the planets that I considered that had it the worst, specially Troni and Kevari. Those two were very ugly before.

TNrtm92.png

Troni now looks like this! Quite a change. This picture is from a Blender Render. Read a bit more about the redesign here.

7kShnWB.jpg

Kevari now looks like a proper moon you wouldn't like to go to. It looks like rotten tomato soup, so I might call it like that in the future. Read how the redesign was made here.

unknown.png

Can you find the island chains? Now they actually exist, instead of being underwater!

screenshot33.png

Pequar now has some nice craters to break the monotony of one of its hemispheres.  There's even a nice mountain for you to climb (Even though the slope is like barely 10 degrees)

screenshot96.png

Bonus gigantic stream of sand spanning half of the circumference of Pequar

unknown.png

Disole now lookng better than ever, with more contrast of colors and a few more surface features (Like that mountain at the north of the image!)

screenshot32.png

Look at this Ice Giant, it has colour! No longer bounded to be a featureless world.

render2.png

The ice world pair now has 156.35% more style, sporting craters, cracks and more! (Also blender renders)

screenshot130.png

XBWbMB8.png

I've also started testing having Parallax Support, and it's starting to look quite nice! (This is the same mountain that I pointed out at Disole, yes, it looks like a face)

unknown.png

New orbital icons! Pixelart even!

Bonus Images:

Spoiler

ew posters join the collection! I would like to revisit the ones of the other planets.

yMhDmjX.png

qPXwz0R.png

The old Laser Sail patch, but now with the new redesigns
5vgxld7.png

And old comparison image I did long ago, now expanded with the new redesigns (Also, new title image)

MizB9Iu.jpg

What are your future plans?

It would be really nice to finish the star system I teased back in the day. I still have the files, but I don't feel motivated to make new planet textures right now.

On the other hand, I want to try to make the planets a bit more interesting, by having special things be on specific parts of the star system. The idea is in its infancy, but I hope I will be able to make it.

Wait hold up, what do you mean by special things?

If I finish it, you will like it, I assure you.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:33 AM, Pkmniako said:

Ev3Mhls.png

I have not said anything in this forum post for a long time.

For those who don't know, I've been updating the mod for the past 2 months while I was also working on my end of degree project for university.

I have been talking about what I've been doing in the Kopernicus Discord Server, but from now on, I will try to also keep you forum dwellers updated too.

When can we expect to have a download for this new stuff?

No idea! You will have to wait. I have a real life going on, and that has to take priority.

What have you been doing?

Well, I'm glad you ask!

Ab3xzlX.jpg

I've redesigned the planets that I considered that had it the worst, specially Troni and Kevari. Those two were very ugly before.

TNrtm92.png

Troni now looks like this! Quite a change. This picture is from a Blender Render. Read a bit more about the redesign here.

7kShnWB.jpg

Kevari now looks like a proper moon you wouldn't like to go to. It looks like rotten tomato soup, so I might call it like that in the future. Read how the redesign was made here.

unknown.png

Can you find the island chains? Now they actually exist, instead of being underwater!

screenshot33.png

Pequar now has some nice craters to break the monotony of one of its hemispheres.  There's even a nice mountain for you to climb (Even though the slope is like barely 10 degrees)

screenshot96.png

Bonus gigantic stream of sand spanning half of the circumference of Pequar

unknown.png

Disole now lookng better than ever, with more contrast of colors and a few more surface features (Like that mountain at the north of the image!)

screenshot32.png

Look at this Ice Giant, it has colour! No longer bounded to be a featureless world.

render2.png

The ice world pair now has 156.35% more style, sporting craters, cracks and more! (Also blender renders)

screenshot130.png

XBWbMB8.png

I've also started testing having Parallax Support, and it's starting to look quite nice! (This is the same mountain that I pointed out at Disole, yes, it looks like a face)

unknown.png

New orbital icons! Pixelart even!

Bonus Images:

Hide contents

ew posters join the collection! I would like to revisit the ones of the other planets.

yMhDmjX.png

qPXwz0R.png

The old Laser Sail patch, but now with the new redesigns
5vgxld7.png

And old comparison image I did long ago, now expanded with the new redesigns (Also, new title image)

MizB9Iu.jpg

What are your future plans?

It would be really nice to finish the star system I teased back in the day. I still have the files, but I don't feel motivated to make new planet textures right now.

On the other hand, I want to try to make the planets a bit more interesting, by having special things be on specific parts of the star system. The idea is in its infancy, but I hope I will be able to make it.

Wait hold up, what do you mean by special things?

If I finish it, you will like it, I assure you.

Amazing improvement, happy to see you active again!

• 1 month later...

I've been doing some more coding and modeling. The first one, I'm very famirialized with that. The second, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not so much. Nothing I can really show you without being spoilers for something I want to be in the mod, sorry.

On the other hand, I've comed up with the idea of having a way of spawning pre-made vessels for players that really don't feel like going all the way through interstellar space. You got it all, a nice interplanetary vessel that can theoretically return to Kerbol (Though grab popcorn for the wait), some general purpose landers, a specialiced one for Pequar, and more!

Also, I would be very thankful if someone that knows how to texture in the style of KSP would contant me. Between university and my skill issue with texturing models, I would love to have someone help me with texturing some models for the mod.

Also, new planet?????

Spoiler

SPOILER_unknown.png

Wait, let me try that again

Spoiler

100% real new info (no fake)
ewOu2O8.png

Bonus Images:

Spoiler

uReNEE5.png
Secunda

3B6xktn.png
Kevari

44Qynxi.png
Valentina Kerman looking at some rocks at C2-1

jNOgCnF.png
Pequar, the border between rock and ice

gFX7rOJ.png
Collage of the Nienna System

cGgwvB7.png
Interplanetary Stock Craft

HbhaUt8.png
Pequar Lander (Very cursed)

Edited by Pkmniako

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, I've already have someone to help with the texture problems I mentioned a few weeks ago! Now I'm searching for someone who could help with Science Experiment Definitions. I have preset configuration files, which means if anyone wants to help, they won't need to deal with any localisation hell. If you want to help, just send me a private message or message me in the Kopernicus Discord Server (Chat name #duck-below-good).

Also, the clouds I posted of the Ice Giant sometimes decided not to work, which is extremely odd. I will have to investigate further to see if it's not an old configuration file I had lying around.

And regarding the bonus content I'm doing for the mod, it's progressing quite nicely. A lot of the coding is done, which is nice. I'm very happy with how the mod's gameplay is turning out, fun and intriguing. Hopefuly you will be able to enjoy it.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, EnderiumSmith said:

Are the Clouds on Vessa only available as EVE clouds and not scaled space clouds? EVE is a bit too demanding for my integrated graphics and mods like whirligig world do well with scaled space clouds. You can only see then from the outside in but thats a minor limitation.

I didn't have this planned, but now that you mention it, it would be a nice idea, so thanks for brining it up!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad this mod is being revised and updated. I remember wanting to use it a while back but lamenting its age.

On a side note, would we be able to add wormholes for our own use (given the license). Or is that already part of the bonus content?

Anyhow, I'm glad to see this. Keep up the work!

1 hour ago, Maple Kerman said:

I'm glad this mod is being revised and updated. I remember wanting to use it a while back but lamenting its age.

On a side note, would we be able to add wormholes for our own use (given the license). Or is that already part of the bonus content?

Anyhow, I'm glad to see this. Keep up the work!

No, wormholes are not planned. It could be cool to have it as a extra config you could download.

On the other hand, no license in the world will stop you from making your own config file to put a wormhole in.

I've updated the main post so people don't get confuse and think the old version still works.

Progress with the bonus content is going quite good, I'm already at 48% of the main content creation. After that, I will fix some (pretty big) bugs and small details and will release a close beta of the mod.

In the meantime, have even more pics! I can't not post very interesting ones as I don't want to spoil the surprise, but it's something at least:

Spoiler

dR8r1EA.png

aBlOfej.png

2slHFtI.png

Sk52GuK.png

vD1Oei7.png

image.png
Almost 2/3rds of the screenshots I take have spoilers, so sorry if the pics I'm posting are not that exciting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.