[CLOSED] Reusability Challenge- Reusable rocket challenge with a twist.

The Reusability Challenge!

My first challenge!:D

After watching a lot of KSP reusable rocket videos. I realized that the rockets were not reused other than hitting "recover" and launching again from the VAB. So I thought: Is that really reusable if it is recovered and launched from the editor again? So I came up with this challenge.

Wimp mode: Make a rocket where at least the first stage is reusable and demonstrate its reusability. (Falcon 9, anyone?)

Easy Mode: Previous rules apply, but the payload must reach an orbit of at least 100KM.

Hard Mode: Previous rules apply, but the entire rocket must be reusable.

Harder Mode: Previous rules apply, but after the parts have landed. They must be reassembled outside of the editor and relaunched. No recover button. If any piece lands in the ocean. Recover with a boat or seaplane.

Insane Mode: Impress me.

Mod rules: The ship must be stock, but mods such as KAS and KIS may be used in order to reassemble the spacecraft. FMRS may also be used. Other mods must be announced. Also please launch your spacecraft from the launchpad. SSTOs are way too common.

Proof of your completion must be posted in this thread. This can be in the form of pictures showing relevant stages of your attempt, a gif, or video. Awards include bragging rights, and a badge that can be used in your signature. Good luck!

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED! Thanks to all who participated!

Badge made by @cubinator

Edited by SquaadZulu
Special announcement.

52 minutes ago, Scout1218 said:

I think the mod you're thinking about is FMRS, @SquaadZulu. I will definitely try this tommorow. I'm a fan of reusable rockets, as you can tell by my profile picture.

Yes! That is exactly what I am talking about. Thank you.:D What mode are you going for?

Edited by SquaadZulu

5 minutes ago, Scout1218 said:

@SquaadZulu, I'm going to try for Insane, who wouldn't? :D I'm getting ideas already for the craft. Is KER and MechJeb allowed?

Yes, as long as you announce that they were used. And I meant from Wimp to Harder. I am a simple kerbal. It should be easy to get insane, if the idea is original based on other posts and submissions.:D

7 hours ago, Physics Student said:

Can I use Robotic parts on the ground vehicles? I'd like to use a crane to place the next payload onto the rocket.

Yes. IR. is acceptable.

2 hours ago, Foxster said:

Here's a simple craft from me...

Hard mode?

Congrats. You are the first person to complete this challenge! I am impressed. First time seeing girders used as landing gear. Genius!

Edited by SquaadZulu

2 hours ago, SquaadZulu said:

When I said "reach an orbit" , I assumed that the person would go for a stable orbit. :P

Just asking sheesh, :huh: . But I do have my entry.

yG7IJZB.jpg

And liftoff! The rocket flew through the atmosphere until the first stage separation.

tiK8qxE.jpg

Then the first stage went down. And landed beautifully!

sSHMvNd.jpgMeanwhile, back in orbit, the second stage drops off, and put's us into a partial orbit. 

a204R9I.jpg

And the second stage, lands with it's on recovery system, falls to the ground and survives! 

HqUybX1.jpg

z8vCJ8S.jpg

And the satellite reaches orbit! does this count as Hard? Because the first stage didn't get us into 100km orbit.

Edited by DunaManiac
I don't know!

34 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

Just asking sheesh, :huh: . But I do have my entry.

yG7IJZB.jpg

And liftoff! The rocket flew through the atmosphere until the first stage separation.

tiK8qxE.jpg

Then the first stage went down. And landed beautifully!

sSHMvNd.jpgMeanwhile, back in orbit, the second stage drops off, and put's us into a partial orbit. 

a204R9I.jpg

And the second stage, lands with it's on recovery system, falls to the ground and survives! 

HqUybX1.jpg

z8vCJ8S.jpg

And the satellite reaches orbit! does this count as Hard? Because the first stage didn't get us into 100km orbit.

Apologies if I came off as rude. Didn't mean to come off that way. But yeah. Congratulations. The first stage did not need to reach orbit, so long as all booster stages were reusable. Yo will receive your badge via PM shorty.:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.