[1.3] NavBallTextureChanger v1.6 (8/7/17)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this mod. I was trying to get a Navball texture to work in Texture Replacer but it wasn't working in the IVA due to the Emissive texture. I'm glad I found this mod, because I can turn Emissive Texture color to 0. 

I will share my Navball skin I use. I found it years ago, I don't see the type here so here you go. But you do have to turn: EmissiveColor = 0,0,0,0 

I also found leaving EmissiveColor alone helps the IVA view in the darkness. This Navball can be hard to see in darkness. So it is up to you to choose whether Emissive Color is on or off.

ouuD4ve.png

Edited by therealcrow999

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

Do you have link to that Navball, that JAFO merged for you? I would like to try it out. The links above are not working. 

This one, you mean?

jBqBkL5.png

And thanks for the heads-up that my original post was somehow borked.. I've added it to that post again.

Edited by JAFO

2 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

I will share my Navball skin I use. I found it years ago, I don't see the type here so here you go. But you do have to turn: EmissiveColor = 0,0,0,0 

I also found leaving EmissiveColor alone helps the IVA view in the darkness. This Navball can be hard to see in darkness. So it is up to you to choose whether Emissive Color is on or off.

Thanks! Another one for my collection!

5 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

Do you use this mod with Texture Replacer mod?

No.. I use the Navball Changer.

Texture Replacer I use for other things, like changing the skybox..

It may be redundant, but it works better organisation-wise, for me.

Edited by JAFO

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, WasabiThumbs said:

The black/grey navball in the OP post was pretty cool. The stock emissive did not match up right, so I made one. If anybody needs an emissive made, I can help. This worked pretty well for me!

5DO9ZzZ.png

Thanks for making this. I was going to say make one for JAFO's Navball Texture above, but your Emissive one works very well with his and probably some other mods. Thanks again!

19 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

Thanks for making this. I was going to say make one for JAFO's Navball Texture above, but your Emissive one works very well with his and probably some other mods. Thanks again!

There are a few differences, so I made one for JAFO's texture. It should provide some more clarity on the mid-lines.

https://i.postimg.cc/2856FhwQ/jafo_emissive.png

I would embed this but I don't want to spam the thread with images. <3

Glad you liked it!

2 hours ago, WasabiThumbs said:

There are a few differences, so I made one for JAFO's texture. It should provide some more clarity on the mid-lines.

https://i.postimg.cc/2856FhwQ/jafo_emissive.png

I would embed this but I don't want to spam the thread with images. <3

Glad you liked it!

Awesome, Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

So, I have this mod installed on 1.5.1... seems to work... except when i assign an emissive texture... when I do that, the non-emissive texture goes back to displaying the stock navball texture, with the "custom" emissive overlaid... vOv

Also, with the emissive, is it *always* on?... I thought the emissive was triggered by time of day/nite, or whether cockpit lights were on or not? vOv

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Trigsu said:

Mod still works with the latest KSP on 2019-2-3. I updated Apollo nav with adobe illustrator. Have few skewed line, but ill smooth them out.

That's interesting.  I decided to switch to using TextureReplacer to replace the navball texture.  At some KSP update this mod will stop working and TextureReplacer is maintained.  The current TextureReplacer is also on CKAN.

There's instructions lower down in the first post of the TextureReplacer topic telling how to place the replacement textures.

What's really good with this topic is the second post is a library of navball textures.  I think most of the links still work.  I suggest downloading the ones you like and switching to TextureReplacer.

I whacked the earlier poster and hid his body in to the gargo bay of my space station. Don't tell anyone. :wink:

Here's few Apollo style navball textures. Reference FDAI
I made both Apollo style angles and KSP style angles.

Do we need emissions?

Texture1 - Apollo
Texture 2 - Apollo(KSP style)

RRtSs5I.png

ecEnmxD.png

Ylwcjge.png

Edited by tooRelic

2 hours ago, tooRelic said:

I whacked the earlier poster and hid his body in to the gargo bay of my space station. Don't tell anyone. :wink:

Here's few Apollo style navball textures. Reference FDAI
I made both Apollo style angles and KSP style angles.

Do we need emissions?

Texture1 - Apollo
Texture 2 - Apollo(KSP style)

RRtSs5I.png

ecEnmxD.png

Ylwcjge.png

Looks sweet! I'll try this out with this mod as well as texturereplacer, although either way I love this mod because it's dead simple to use. <3

• 3 weeks later...

I found this topic looking for a mod that would change the stock pink color of the Target indicators on the navball to something else THAT WORKS with the brown background.

This mod would effectively do the job by allowing the brown background to be replaced.  Doesn't look like it works with KSP 1.6, though?  Too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 10:03 AM, therealcrow999 said:

Thanks for this mod. I was trying to get a Navball texture to work in Texture Replacer but it wasn't working

DItto the above.  So glad I persisted with NavballTextureChanger.

I now have a navball I can read while docking (pink target marker now shows up clearly!).  Thank you!

6 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

DItto the above.  So glad I persisted with NavballTextureChanger.

I now have a navball I can read while docking (pink target marker now shows up clearly!).  Thank you!

I followed the guide in the TextureReplacer first post. 

I used the replacement navball texture from @Zasnold, the 2nd to last navball texture in this topic's 2nd post, the navball texture library.

Using the information in the TextureReplacer post, I put the texture at this location, renaming the file to "NavBall.<tag>":

GameData/zzzFinal/TextureReplacer/Default/NavBall.png

where "zzzFinal" can be any directory in GameData and the important part of the file name is "NavBall", as the file format and tag can be any of those supported by TextureRepleacer, " `.dds`/`.png`/`.jpg`/`.tga` ".

10 hours ago, Jacke said:

GameData/zzzFinal/TextureReplacer/Default/NavBall.png

where "zzzFinal" can be any directory in GameData

Thank you, @Jacke, for a most excellent clarification.  The '**' subdirectory specification in the original documentation didn't mean a thing to me.

I am already very happily using this mod, NavballTextureChanger, and will stick with it.

I checked out the texture you're using.  I find the pink Target markers on the navball are very hard to read when super-imposed on a brown background, which is why I'm switching.

I selected this texture:

ZZoN5mG.png

Thanks again for the help!

Edited by Hotel26

Of course, as an update, I have to say that the yellow nav markers are nigh invisible on the white background.  Oh well...

This works better (although the red band for North seems over-emphasized):

S327xHn.png

Good enough.

Edited by Hotel26

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.