[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: Altair Lander & AresV

silentvelcro

I read the original post and the follow-ons.  Is this still an all-in-one?  If so, can you strip out the other addons from the install? This avoids multiple versions or version overwrites of things like ModuleManager or RPM that a lot of other addons use.   This applies to all your addons, by the way.

Take them out of the zip, and simply state them as dependencies (and link to their threads) in the OP.   This way if I or others already have them installed, there isn't a redundancy, nor an overwrite of a newer version by an older one (or vice versa) contained in this addon, as well as upgrade those addons independently without fear of overwriting things if we re-install yours along the way.  this is especially important for an addon like Texture Replacer, which has been superseded by an arguably better/updated replacement. Bonus is that if you do that, then it becomes possible to put this into the CKAN database, which will encourage another group of players to try this out.

Also along those lines, are these in a GitHub or other repository someplace for those who might want to submit bugs, patches or bugfixes?

Hello @Murdabenne. Sorry for the delay, i missed your comment. I do not have a GitHub. You are welcome to contact me via PM for anything you want.
I do not know how to proceed on this. Other users like the dependencies bundled with the mod and others don't. I want at some point to put my mods in CKAN but did not have the time to check this out.
On Texture Replacer i am torn. I checked Texture Replacer Replaced but i find that the reflections in the latest version are way too bright for my taste. Texture Replacer still works on 1.3.1 so i continued to use that.
I think that in the next update i will drop Texture Replacer completely and use Shadowmage's Textures Unlimited which looks awesome but i haven't figured out it's use yet.

I found some time now to update the mods to 1.3.1, which for 8 mods was a lot of work since none worked in the new KSP out of the box. I will consider your suggestion for my releases in the future.
Cheers and thanks.

Edited by silentvelcro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All LonesomeRobots Aerospace mods have been updated. Now reflections are handled by the awesome Textures Unlimited mod by master modder Shadowmage. The solar shader is used in all solar panels.
There has been some bugs removed and a little cleanup on all mods. TextureReplacer is no longer used by any LRAero mods, so if you are not using it for anything else you can delete it from your GameData folder.

Also the Duna Base Camp & HOYO CEV expansion has been released. Check it out.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2017 at 1:04 PM, Theysen said:

Great work!

I wanted to configure your mod packs for RO all along but unfortunately this Ares V is missing an engine on the first stage. Is it intended to scale against stock gameplay to just use 4 engines?
Real Ares had 5 or 6 on the core stage.

any chance i could get the configs for the lander please?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.