[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: Altair Lander & AresV

silentvelcro

bA4aCAu.jpg

Ver 1.2

Adds all the parts for the 4 seat Altair Lander and AresV Launch Vehicle.
This mod is to be used in conjuction with HOYO CSM mod and Ares 1-X mod.
You have to download the Ares 1-X mod for the first stage Solid Rocket Boosters as well as 2nd stage(KDS) J2X engine and the HOYO CSM mod for the docking port.

Place the Boosters on the AresV core stage fuel tank using the stock radial decouplers. You then should launch the Altair Lander and Kerbin Departure Stage(KDS) into orbit using the AresV.
Launch the HOYO CSM using the Ares 1-X rocket to rendez-vous and dock with the Altair & KDS. Then use the J2X KDS engine to push the whole stack.

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is recommended so as to not have wobble problems due to the size of the launch vehicle parts and torque produced.

If anyone has suggestions for weight/deltav etc. Please share them with me so i can improve the mod on the next update.

Supports RealPlume, Engine Lighting and TAC Life Support. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.
Supports kOS and Telemachus. Also not bundled with the release.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TexturesUnlimited (For Reflections), RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing legs. It is absolutely needed for the landing legs to work.), Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation), Alexustas' ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1.

INSTALLATION
Be careful, this mod comes bundled with the latest version of ASET Props (1.5) & ASET Avionics (2.1). Delete these mods if you have older versions before installing this mod.
Unzip and merge with your GameData folder.
The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

https://spacedock.info/mod/1475/Altair Lander & AresV. LonesomeRobots Aerospace?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

Licensing.
This mod is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

Redistributed with this mod.
AnimatedDecouplers created by Starwaster. Redistributed as per license.
RasterPropMonitor created by Mihara & MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.
TexturesUnlimited created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
KSPWheel created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ModuleManager created by Sarbian. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1 created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

changes in this version

• Reflections are now handled by the awesome TexturesUnlimited mod. Texture Replacer is now deprecated.
  • ModuleDeployableAntenna is now used to handle the Dish antenna animation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ver 1.1

You have to download the Ares 1-X mod for the first stage Solid Rocket Boosters as well as 2nd stage(KDS) J2X engine and the HOYO CSM mod for the docking port.

Place the Boosters on the AresV core stage fuel tank using the stock radial decouplers. You then should launch the Altair Lander and Kerbin Departure Stage(KDS) into orbit using the AresV.
Launch the HOYO CSM using the Ares 1-X rocket to rendez-vous and dock with the Altair & KDS. Then use the J2X KDS engine to push the whole stack.

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is recommended so as to not have wobble problems due to the size of the launch vehicle parts and torque produced.

If anyone has suggestions for weight/deltav etc. Please share them with me so i can improve the mod on the next update.

Supports RealPlume, Engine Lighting and TAC Life Support. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TextureReplacer (For Reflections), RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing legs. It is absolutely needed for the landing legs to work.), Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation), Alexustas' ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0.

INSTALLATION
The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

https://spacedock.info/mod/1475/Altair Lander & AresV. LonesomeRobots Aerospace?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

Licensing.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

TextureReplacer created by ducakar. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0 created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

changes in this version

• Changed ModuleRCS to ModuleRCSFX for all parts with RCS thrusters. Now when firing RCS produces sound.
  • Landing gear now produce sound while retracting/extending.
  • Changed TACLifeSupport configs. Now Altair lander has resources to support 4 kerbals for 9 days. 1 kerbal has resources for 24 days in the science lab.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ver 1.0

Supports RealPlume and Engine Lighting. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TextureReplacer (For Reflections), RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing legs. It is absolutely needed for the landing legs to work.), Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation), Alexustas' ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0.

INSTALLATION

DOWNLOAD

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.0.

Licensing.

TextureReplacer created by ducakar. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0 created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

SCREENSHOTS

zs65eNK.jpg

DqMtid1.jpg

UL1pTWI.jpg

QHJn1Gc.jpg

Edited by silentvelcro
Update

Bug Report!  It seems all the joints in this mod and your Hoyo and Ares 1 mods are very flexible:

Pzb0M51.png

Are you relying on KJR by any chance?  Shouldn't have to.  I can mostly correct these flexies with struts, but when it comes to the Hoyo docked to the Altair, I tried using KAS struts, but the vessels just break apart.  All my other craft operate just fine, it's just your parts.  I tried in a fresh install as well.  I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly.

@Deltac Sorry you had to do a fresh install. And you did install everything correctly.
There is no control on the joints other than position and orientation that i know of.
So this probably happens because of the size of the parts and torque.
You can either use KJR (my choice) or the Rigid Attachment option with minimal struts on the engine decouplers.
If you or anyone else knows of another solution please let me know.

Cheers

Edited by silentvelcro

So I DL'd KJR and got everything working, and got to the mun and back!  Love the IVAs, you did a wonderful job!

So my only problem right now is that the Ares V is larger than the Bluedog Design Bureau Saturn V.  It's not a huge issue (I think that might be a pun), and I can't see how to scale the Altair down so the Ares V could be scaled down and Kerbals could still fit in it.  My only thought would be to shrink the Altair's Descent stage diameter down so it could fit in a smaller version of the Ares V.  Like an Altair Ares V lite edition for stock-alike sizes.  If I could ever figure out how to rescale parts in the configs, I'd love to tackle this xD

Enough of my ramblings, keep up the great work!

@Deltac Glad you had a nice trip and enjoyed it! Yeah i know what you mean about the sizing. The Ares V is so big probably because i wanted all 3 mods (HOYO/Ares1-X/Altair) to work together, but also the relative sizes of crafts and launch vehicles to be right. Also the schematics i had probably were crap :D All your ramblings are welcome here. Cheers!

Edited by silentvelcro

12 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Testing payload integration with my Direct Ares V

CQvQXwx.png

Thanks a lot @silentvelcro, terrific job! like @Bev7787said, besides Altair, it will make an excellent ETS Artemis lander.

I can't fit the lander into any other rocket (BDB's Saturn Sii stage is too small, the direct 5m parts are all way too small) did you rescale the parts? also the Ares V is wayyy too big than any comparable rocket from RL(Saturn,Energia,SLS) , iirc it's like 9 meters or something ingame, is this mod supposed to be real sized?

Edited by NeoFatalis

20 hours ago, silentvelcro said:

@Drakenex really glad the Altair integrates well with other mods! Also thanks for the kind words. I would like to see screenshots from the actual mission. Cheers!

Yeah! I'll try to make a mission video.

8EGX3EK.png

It's really beautiful!

13 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

I can't fit the lander into any other rocket (BDB's Saturn Sii stage is too small, the direct 5m parts are all way too small) did you rescale the parts? also the Ares V is wayyy too big than any comparable rocket from RL(Saturn,Energia,SLS) , iirc it's like 9 meters or something ingame, is this mod supposed to be real sized?

Direct 5m tanks re-scaled to 6.4m

Great work!

I wanted to configure your mod packs for RO all along but unfortunately this Ares V is missing an engine on the first stage. Is it intended to scale against stock gameplay to just use 4 engines?
Real Ares had 5 or 6 on the core stage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.