[1.3.0] Back In Black v1.2 (17/10/17) - Black plane textures for Stock/Ven/Mk2X/SXT/Quiztech/OPT/AirplanePlus/ALG

Rodger

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Krulliam said:

So is this mod still alive?

It's a bit early to call it dead or dying. The author released it on August 7th, so it's only a month and a bit old.

On 9/11/2017 at 7:49 AM, Rodger said:

Haha, yeah I'm still around, though I did take a couple of days off KSP to try XCom2 WOTC.

Next update will fix M2X's updated parts.

How do you like WOTC? I'm thinking of getting it as I'm a huge XCom fan (since the original, even).

And I love the description for the mod: "So, I've always wanted a black version of mk1 and mk2 parts to build planes with, because SR-71." Yup, that sums it up for me.

WOTC is pretty good, though I play softcore non-ironman, so not sure how it plays on ironman - apparently it's more RNGy, making it harder. Maybe a little expensive atm, might be worth waiting for a sale. The new classes and mechanics are cool though, and the whole game plays smoother now than at release too, they seem to have done a whole bunch of optimization.

I love being able to make black blackbirds now. What a necessary addition. Since you developed this in conjunction with other mods, has this one appeared on your radar yet?

I'd be nice to make a sexy black dragon lady.

Edited by Slamnam

I like the idea of this mod but I have run into a problem.   it uses IFS for the texture switch.  on the surface this is not a problem, except IFS is incompatible with configurable containers, and this is required by rover dude's mods.   so I was wondering if it would be possible to make is use other texture switchers as well, so it could work with Fire Spitter's switcher or configurable containers' switcher etc.

5 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I like the idea of this mod but I have run into a problem.   it uses IFS for the texture switch.  on the surface this is not a problem, except IFS is incompatible with configurable containers, and this is required by rover dude's mods.   so I was wondering if it would be possible to make is use other texture switchers as well, so it could work with Fire Spitter's switcher or configurable containers' switcher etc.

Hm, I'm using it in my game with MKS etc no problem. How is it incompatible? You only need the plugin from IFS, you can delete it's patches and parts, which will probably prevent conflicts.

@Rodger It is only incompatible if you attempt putting a FuelSwitch and configurable container on the same part. Texture switches are unaffected

Besides that IFS has PatchManager support which allows you to disable the patch which is responsible for adding fuel switch to all stock tanks

Edited by FreeThinker

I agree airplanes plus would be nice.   also more of the cargo bays.  as far as I can tell only the Mk3 bay is done.  any chance to get others? 

and secondly I have looked at the textures you use for your mod but they are not black...  what is it that controls the black color? is it just an alpha mask?  the reason I ask is we could submit our own parts pack for you if we knew what it was you were doing for sure.

All the cargo bays should be working fine (though I have missed Ven's mk1 cargo bay)... And about Airplane Plus, just going by the license it looks like I can't distribute edited textures, but I've asked the mod author about it still.

And the textures are black, you might just be seeing it with the alpha channel as transparency, when that channel is meant to be specular/shinyness.

ah, ive had an idea for a similar mod, if youre interested. a seperate mod called "back in blue" i think you know what it would do, same as back in black, but with navy blue. havent found any other mods that do this, so i feel like its a good opportunity, and im sure many people, including myself, would love it. :D

Hi,

When installing both the BIB and BIB Mods texture pack in CKAN, there's an error message that comes from the overwriting of the License.txt file. A workaround is to install one of them, create a copy, uninstall, install the other and bring the rest of the folders from the copy folder. Or you could just rename the texture pack License.txt file to LicenseTP.txt or whatever, haha.

Cheers!

On 10/10/2017 at 9:35 PM, Ursu Mare said:

Hi,

When installing both the BIB and BIB Mods texture pack in CKAN, there's an error message that comes from the overwriting of the License.txt file. A workaround is to install one of them, create a copy, uninstall, install the other and bring the rest of the folders from the copy folder. Or you could just rename the texture pack License.txt file to LicenseTP.txt or whatever, haha.

Cheers!

Updated, thanks for letting me know :) (I don't use CKAN myself)

Also, not quite a review, but Scott Manly was playing with BIB in a recent stream! :cool: Highlight vid here:

Edited by Rodger

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.