• Saturn
    • Uranus
    • Neptune
  2. 2. Dwarf Planet?

• Ceres
    • Pluto
    • Eris
    • Sedna

I was just wondering what's your favorite planet, dwarf planet; and why?

My favorite planet is Uranus, because it's a lovely blue and always left out. My favorite dwarf planet is Pluto with that lovely red patch, and it loves you (heart crater).
(My favorite moon is Enceladus, just beautiful, and covered in ice.)

Whats yours?

Edited by Xemina

1024px-Neptune_Full.jpg225px-Io_highest_resolution_true_color.jpg225px-Europa-moon.jpgThis is my favorite planet - Neptune. There are many reasons why, but for one, I love the deep blue colors.

My favorite moons, besides our own, is a tie between Io (center picture) and Europa (right picture). The problem is that there are so many things of interest in our solar system... it is kinda hard for me to choose just one. I had hoped that by now, in my lifetime, we would be beyond the Moon when it comes to a human presence in space. The International Space Station is an insult to humanity when it comes to what should have happened after both the Apollo and Soyuz missions...

Basically all of them are cool. Though Jupiter and its moons are some of the coolest. Imagine if Mars and Venus appeared in our sky at more than the Moon's angular size? That's basically the Galilean moons. From Europa, Jupiter is ~12 degrees wide, 24 times the angular size of our Moon. Both Io and Ganymede would be less than a degree, but nonetheless larger than the Moon's apparent size. Callisto would be about half as wide as our Moon. All at closest approach, and all of these are approximate. Really neat stuff. 

Personally I like all the planets, but Neptune has always mystified me. I really love neptune's cerulean atmosphere with wisps of white it looks kind of calming just staring at it kind of like a lava lamp only instead of weird goo inside a flask suspended in coloured water its various gases interacting with the vacuum of space.  

Edited by Jeb1969

*Resists urge to click on Uranus for comical purposes*

My favorite moon is Europa. Yeah, I'm biased by Odyssey Two, but whatever.

EDIT: Really? No Venus? But it's only a hole of ugly death! And, uh, I notice Pluto is under dwarf planets...

Oh yes. I just did the forbidden thing. Enjoy it as the forum collapses into anarchy and chaos.

...And I support that decision!

Edited by Confused Scientist
Enjoy the eclipse!

• 3 years later...

I always liked the gas giants, specially Saturn and Jupiter for its colors, mass and very interesting moons, my favourite moons are The Moon because of its grey colors and because it has some water, also I always loved to watch it sometimes at night, my second favourite moon is probably Phobos because the Stickney crater makes it look like a big orbital cannon like the Death Star from Star Wars. I like dwarf planets a little, the one I like the most for now It's Eris because it is very very away from our planet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.