want to make ksp look fantastic. please help.

kavin weera

hi so I have a PC. (yeai!) pretty good one of em as well.  soooo now I have played ksp for ever and sick of the same look I want to overhaul.

my goal. KSP ULTRA REALISTIC, with loads of mods that make the game just awesome and real life like.

I got the latest ksp. 1.3(I know bad for mods cos too new)

stupidly over powered pc.

time to kill.

and most of all no girlfriend. (yeai! last one was a doozy!)

I am used to ckan and all its glory, if It was on ckan I know about it. other than that I used a mod called Andromeda daydream, good looking mod made by [Moderator snip, personal information]. (funny story I know him.)

so where should I start>>>

please help. .

Edited by monstah

I think you should obviously get Scatterer and Environmental Visual Enhancements first. They add bette effects like clouds, fogs, and even ocean waves. Planetshine, texture replacer and distant object enhancement is also quite nice.

2 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I think you should obviously get Scatterer and Environmental Visual Enhancements first. They add bette effects like clouds, fogs, and even ocean waves. Planetshine, texture replacer and distant object enhancement is also quite nice.

I agree. that is a start.  and so far this is what i came up with

"name": "AstronomersVisualPack"
  },
  {
   "name": "AVP-8kTextures"
  },
  {
   "name": "ModuleManager"
  },
  {
   "name": "Kopernicus"
  },
  {
   "name": "ModularFlightIntegrator"
  },
  {
   "name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"
  },
  {
   "name": "DistantObject"
  },
  {
   "name": "DistantObject-default"
  },
  {
   "name": "DangerAlertsContinued"
  },
  {
   "name": "KAS"
  },
  {
   "name": "KIS"
  },
  {
   "name": "CommunityCategoryKit"
  },
  {
   "name": "EasyVesselSwitch"
  },
  {
   "name": "RasterPropMonitor"
  },
  {
   "name": "JSIAdvancedTransparentPods"
  },
  {
   "name": "SCANsat"
  },
  {
   "name": "RasterPropMonitor-Core"
  },
  {
   "name": "BetterBurnTime"
  },
  {
   "name": "KerbalFoundriesContinued"
  },
  {
   "name": "KSPWheel"
  },
  {
   "name": "RemoteTech"
  },
  {
   "name": "MechJeb2"
  },
  {
   "name": "VenStockRevamp"
  },
  {
   "name": "RealPlume"
  },
  {
   "name": "RealPlume-StockConfigs"
  },
  {
   "name": "ModularRocketSystem"
  },
  {
   "name": "ProceduralParts"
  },
  {
   "name": "SpaceY-Lifters"
  },
  {
   "name": "SmokeScreen"

oh oh and for science

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

If "ultra realistic" and "real life like" is your goal, I'd reccomend the Realism Overhaul/Real Solar System/(Realistic Progression-0) combination. It truly makes KSP a brand new game, but it can be quite frustrating in the begenning because of the difficulty and many differences. But you will surely find any help you need at the forums, that's why we are here :wink:

Michal.don

(PS, RO/RP-0 aren't out for 1.3, just for 1.2.2, but I don't think that is much of an issue)

Welcome to the Forums. 

It is not CKAN friendly but if if you are for a real Eyecandy try out GPP with Sigma Dimensions.

You will bring your PC on this Limits but it is Worth every burned down RAM Chip 

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

If you're looking for a lot of mods to choose from, I have just the right thread for you:

(I have zero shame for self-advertising :wink:)

If you want to make your game have a more realistic gameplay, look in the "Realism Gameplay mods" category. Though if you want a well round-up and easy to maintain mod for realism, Realism Overhaul is the best you can get.

If you want to make your screenshots look like they have been taken from the ISS Cupola, look in the "Planetary/Atmospheric Visual mods" category for mods to make planets prettier, or in the "Visual and Sound mods" category for misc visual enhancements.

For a really complete overhaul, take a look in the replicas sections for real spacecraft and rockets, or in the "IVA mods" section to make the insides of your spaceships gorgeous (RPM, cited above, does magic for immersion).

4 hours ago, Gaarst said:

If you're looking for a lot of mods to choose from, I have just the right thread for you:

(I have zero shame for self-advertising :wink:)

If you want to make your game have a more realistic gameplay, look in the "Realism Gameplay mods" category. Though if you want a well round-up and easy to maintain mod for realism, Realism Overhaul is the best you can get.

If you want to make your screenshots look like they have been taken from the ISS Cupola, look in the "Planetary/Atmospheric Visual mods" category for mods to make planets prettier, or in the "Visual and Sound mods" category for misc visual enhancements.

For a really complete overhaul, take a look in the replicas sections for real spacecraft and rockets, or in the "IVA mods" section to make the insides of your spaceships gorgeous (RPM, cited above, does magic for immersion).

that description gave me a <pleasant physical reaction>. 

i am on the process of installing everything you suggested. screenshot/video pending. 

there is no shame in self advertising. is there is any other way of advertising. :wink:

so now what i am stuck with is the fact we got so many mods that are amazing looking for ksp default planetary system

on the other hand we got realisam overhaul with real solar system. not sure about the visuals tho.

and to make it even more complicated i got a developer telling me he is nerly done with a new functional planetary system that is inspired by the kepler space telescope and its finding. (i cant wait to test that one out)

its soo hard to make a choice. best looking, best realisam or out of this sorlar system.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Keep it clean, please.