[1.7] FullAutoStrut - Automatically sets AutoStrut modes and other part options as you build your vessel

Xyphos

23 minutes ago, Xyphos said:

all of my mods on spacedock have CKAN support requested, but the maintainers of CKAN are slacking or just out-right refuse. apparently I'm not a member of the club.

I see 10 of your mods in CKAN right now, and that doesn't include the two you have in their queue, apparently. I see you have 14 mods on spacedock. So, leaving off the two that are in process, that means 2 of the 14 have not made it. Hardly seems that exclusionary. I know I've had fairly good luck posting to the CKAN thread; might I suggest if you're unsatisfied with the results you've seen thus far, posting there? It couldn't hurt. The worst they could say is no, but you also might get an indication of why.

Thanks for all you do for the KSP community.

• 5 weeks later...

@ xyphos, I routinely launch sections of larger space noodles totalling when assembled an average of 200 parts, including landers, satellites, and kickers.

So far I haven't seen any serious slowdown due to autostrutting - the only things that seem to slow my mid level laptop are the log spams from the WBI, FF and I believe OMS mods I have installed.... Most of those issues seem to be fixed in 1.3, and I'm just slow at updating - still in 1.2.2.

In fact, autostrutting seems to be the only thing that keeps my nervas attached to my ships!

I added a bug fix for Infernal Robotics a week or two ago, forgot to mention it here.

AutoStrut will no longer be set if the placed part is attached to an IR part in it's attachment hierarchy so it can freely move.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Xyphos, thank you for this mod, I love the idea. Sadly, it seems like something broke in 1.3.1,  mirrored or symmetrically attached parts do not get strutted, only the primary place part. This was on a minimally modded install, so let me know if you are seeing different behavior and I can get some logs for you.

6 hours ago, Nightside said:

Hi @Xyphos, thank you for this mod, I love the idea. Sadly, it seems like something broke in 1.3.1,  mirrored or symmetrically attached parts do not get strutted, only the primary place part. This was on a minimally modded install, so let me know if you are seeing different behavior and I can get some logs for you.

Thanks for the report, I'll try to investigate the cause. it might just need a quick recompile with the new API

UPDATE: Okay, I found the problem and uploaded a new version, please install the new version from CKAN or SpaceDock (link in my sig below)
if you find any more bugs or odd behaviors, please let me know, either here or on GitHub.

Happy Landings!

Edited by Xyphos

On 8/8/2017 at 12:59 AM, Xyphos said:

finally? huh. I wonder when that happened? oh well, I retract my previous statement then.

please keep in mind that ckan is a fully volunteer organization. People do this in their spare time, and especially during the summer, people didn't have time to keep up with it.

• 2 months later...

There's a conflict between FullAutoStrut and Kerbal Attachment System's Harpoon and Grapple parts - if the Harpoon or Grapple is autostrutted to the craft you can't shoot it using the Eject function on the winch. It shoots out a very short distance and freezes there. removing the autostrut from the KAS part fixes this.

You can turn it off manually of course. On the next update it may be helpful to blacklist those parts from FullAutoStrut's function.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Updated to 1.7 several weeks ago, forgot to update this thread.

I've added a UI, disable option, and Robotics compatibility since initial release.
I'll add KAS support for the harpoons later, sorry for the late reply.

(sorry for the necro post, but I didn't see a reason to start a new thread for the update.)

Edited by Xyphos

• 4 weeks later...

Mod Update: Full AutoStrut v3.0.0.0
This mod will automatically set AutoStrut modes and other part options while you build your vessel.

Added persistent settings, which now load/save when the plugin is loaded/unloaded, respectively.

Updated UI - it's slightly smaller and easier to use plus the UI position now persists per settings file.

Updated robotics support for both Breaking Ground DLC and Infernal Robotics.

--- Robotic parts and parts attached to robotic parts will no longer have AutoStrut modes set in "Automatic" mode so they can move around freely.

Added "Same Vessel Interaction" support.
--- "Automatic" setting will automatically turn on SVI for all robotic parts and parts attached to robotic parts so they will collide. non-robotic parts will have SVI turned off by default unless the "On" setting is selected, then ALL parts being attached have SVI turned on by default.

Mod is available for download
GitHub: https://github.com/Xyphos/KSP_FullAutoStrut/releases/tag/3.0.0.0

SpaceDock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1479/FullAutoStrut

And CKAN release is pending (I don't control CKAN.)

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

oooh look, this thread was quite old :P

someone on reddit mentioned this mod today, so i came and grabbed a copy and it's pretty fantastic! my right-click finger is going to be very happy with less right clicking.

at this point in KSP history, i'm on KSP 1.10.1, the latest release of this mod is 3.0.1.0, and it's working fine for me. Thanks for publishing this!

• 3 months later...

Since Kerbal Joint Reinforcement has been wreaking havoc during KSP 1.11's EVA construction, I decided to try replacing it with FAS. It works pretty nicely so far for the most part.

However, the UI window has gradually misplaced itself outside the boundaries of the visible screen. I notice that it shifts every time the AppLauncher button is clicked. I was able to work around this by deleting the Settings file so that it spawned near the middle of the screen again... but since the settings are only read on game launch, I had to restart the game to get it to regenerate the default settings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.