Reattachable rover

Hi!

I hope someone can help me with one issue that I'm unable to solve even after trying almost everything.

I'm trying to make a rover that is able to dock into a plane and undock.  I've done a cargo plane (Mk3) with a docking port inside and a rover with another docking port in the front to attach them. However, despite sometimes it works perfectly and I can dock and undock without any problems, other times when I try to undock the rover it starts to pierce the plane or fly with its own orbit until it disappears and I can't control it.

Do someone know what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Need more info. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I've recorded the 'bug':

When I dock I have no problems: 

However, when I try to undock, the rover starts to do weird things. It breaks into two or more parts and then it starts flying

Try to attach the docking port directly to a massive part, not to a lightweight structure, does it jump?

Try to attach the same rover to a standalone orange tank, does it still jump?

Try to attach a stock rover (say, Buggy) to the same port inside the cargo bay, does it jump?

Edited by kerbiloid

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Try to attach the docking port directly to a massive part, not to a lightweight structure, does it jump?

Try to attach the same rover to a standalone orange tank, does it still jump?

Try to attach a stock rover (say, Buggy) to the same port inside the cargo bay, does it jump?

Thank you for replying!!

I tried all these things but the rover still starts flying and breaking.

Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, check your mods, and put them somewhere else besides the GameData folder. If it works after that, it's probably a mod. Maybe your KSP is just glitched, and it will sort it self out later. Try rebuilding the craft, if nothing else works.

3 hours ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, check your mods, and put them somewhere else besides the GameData folder. If it works after that, it's probably a mod. Maybe your KSP is just glitched, and it will sort it self out later. Try rebuilding the craft, if nothing else works.

I disabled all the mods (moving them to another folder) and the bug doesn't disappear.

I though it was caused by the plane as when I dock and undock in other places there aren't any problems. However, everytime I dock in a Mk3 cargo bay (no matter if it's in another craft) is almost impossible to undock it... it rarely works well

I'll uninstall and install KSP again...

Edited by Qwerttyy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.