I'm so dumb!!

ussoldier2002

I'm so stupid! First off, always double check your contracts. I was fulfilling a contract and I have always had trouble nailing orbits. I finally get my equatorial orbit almost perfect to the contract specifics. I wait for a minute and the contract doesn't get completed. I'm wondering why. I review the contract only to discover I forgot to put on antenna! So I deorbit this satellite and fix my mistake and build a new rocket. Re-launch it. Absolutely nail the orbit (better than the previous attempt actually) again, contract isn't closing. I then discover I'm going the wrong way!! I fired my NASA director.

3 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

I agree! 

Oh and be careful regarding these types of dismissals, you don't want to be in fictional court arguing against yourself over an unwarranted fictional termination lawsuit. 

:wink:

All I have to do is point out how much money he wasted. I'm golden. Lol

You think that's bad?

I was working on a plane for a Kerbin temperature scan on the other side of the planet, took it for a test flight; things were going so smoothly I just kept flying, 10 minutes in I figured; "Well...I've come this far, might as well keep going." so I kept flying for about 30 real time minutes; all the way to the site.

Then I realized I hadn't ever got around to actually putting a thermometer on the thing! :confused:

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 minute ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

You think that's bad?

I was working on a plane for a Kerbin temp scan on the other side of the planet, took it for a test flight; things were going so smoothly I just kept flying, 10 minutes in I figured; "Well...I've come this far, might as well keep going." so I kept flying for about 30 real time minutes; all the way to the site.

Then I realized I hadn't ever got around to actually putting a thermometer on the thing! :confused:

Did something similar twice in a row. The last time I played career was.....well let's just say I've been playing sandbox ever since.

I had one of those "whoops, we meant we wanted it in a retrograde orbit" contracts for a solar orbit once. I really wish I'd known how to use the 4x physics warp out of atmosphere back then, for those long ion engine burns. I didn't know nearly as much about orbital mechanics or delta V back then either, so it took a bunch of trial and error to get it right. But hey, I learned some good tricks for changing inclination on the cheap!

I remember the first time I did a satellite contract at the end, I'm looking all over to figure out why it won't complete when I finally have an epiphany: oh that's why it shows a moving icon in the projected orbit...like duh!  But that's part of the appeal of this game, it makes you think :).

Designed a vessel to go to Eve and Gilly. Was carrying two landers. One with parachutes and a heat shield and one with landing legs. So I thought.

I actually sent one with parachutes and one with a heat shield. Landing on Eve without heat shield took a lot of trial and error....

Landing on Gilly with a heat shield felt somehow idiotic...

Just recently had a tourist contract that I crammed 9 tourists into.  I got it into a minmus orbit after orbiting the moon, but the orbital path kinda went a little longer than I intended, but oh well, they'll be fine.  Parked in the minmus orbit for a bit while I played with some other things, then switched back over.  Had not appreciated the fact that I was using a Life support mod, and while I had packed a lot of Snacks, The longer trip and holding pattern left me critically low.  Immediately burned for home, but before I could land, I ran out.  Apparently I killed off the tourists and ruined my rep.  

You guys have me rolling lol. So I got another screw up for you. It was my first attempt to land on the moon. I came in with a tad to much vertical velocity. Destroyed my engine and sent my lander tumbling. My astronaut survived and so did all of my science packages. I immediately begin a rescue attempt. Built a new rocket and send it off. Get it into orbit around the moon. My first step is to lower the landing legs before I start my deorbit burn. Just as I am about to start my burn I realize my engine bell sticks out below my legs. I'm about to have two astronauts stranded on the moon!

4 hours ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

I once put a ladder on upside down. I was so proud of myself, I had successfully placed my lander on the surface. I unfurled my ladder - and it went straight up into the air. One giant leap for a Kerbal, one small step for Kerbalkind.

This one is amazing!! I wish I could see your face when the ladder went up in the air ha ha ha!!

After some tries, finally could land a poorly designed lander on the moon. It was to thin, to tall, so always fall to the sides. After landed I discovered, not a single time I had extended the legs. landed on the engine. :/

"Maybe I can get an EVA report while reentry? No my Kerbal couldn't hold the stair at this speed. Bye bye, our time togheter was nice."

And the more commons. Launched a probe, nice going, than, no antenna, no signal..... Launched a probe, Karbin orbit, burn to destination, go do other thing, come back to see had forgot to hibernate, no power. Sudently the probe to get science turned into a brick to the stars.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.