Performance leak from game loads

Game version: 1.3.0.1804

System: Ryzen 7, 16 GB of DDR4, GPU is RX 470

There's a CPU performance leak every time the same game is loaded. Make a quicksave in orbit, and load it. Eventually, frame rate will start getting worse after each load as CPU use goes up and up. Load 20 times in a row (this is what I did to verify the mechanism), and the game runs DRAMATICALLY slower. I'm not certain whether it's only quickloads, or if repeated normal loads cause this as well.

Back out to the main menu, load the same game, load the same quicksave, and the leak is reset. Make a new quicksave and load it, load the main save, or return to space center, and it's still in full force. So, it can really build up over a long play session, as long as you don't go back to the main menu.

I first noticed this quite some time ago, but I didn't report it because I assumed that such a thing would already be known. But I see now that I should have reported it.

edit: I should add, that this is not really a support request, rather a bug report. The guide called this "The Stock Support & Bugs forum", but I guess it was renamed. There's nothing else to suggest that this is a bug report forum, but the quote makes this the closest thing I could find.

edit: Can anyone else verify this? Is it a known bug?

Edited by Aru

• 8 months later...

The same thing is still happening in 1.4.2. I lose several FPS every time I load or quick load, and I have to periodically go back to the main menu. It's certainly playable, but annoying when it creeps up on me and I'm playing at 8 FPS (or worse) before I realize why. It seems to subtract a flat amount of FPS each time, such that the first several have no effect except to increase CPU load, then it takes a few to drop noticeably, then a few more drops it extremely low. I would still like to see verification from someone other than me.

Edited by Aru

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.